PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Anniversary Play Magazine scans inc. new screenshots

MissLara2U
22nd Nov 2006, 07:51
A member of our forum has posted these scans (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79020) from Play magazine. I'll try and get unmarked copies online later today for use on your own web sites, but feel free to use these. Please remember to credit Play magazine tho.

kiss-bite
22nd Nov 2006, 14:13
Wow!:D Thankyou for posting these screenshots! They are from 'The Lost Valley' again & Lara looks amazing. It looks as if Lara's outfit changes again when she's wet. I thought these little details were great in Legend. The environments are looking rich, detailed & recognisable, they would look alot better in higher quality images. Hopefully Eidos will release the higher quality images now, like the first one they released & maybe the official site will be updated!

It's so exciting to see some new TR anniversary screenshots! It's great to see no human enemies & judging from these visuals it looks as if CD are doing a fine job of translating TR1 into a more contemporary style.:D

Treeble
22nd Nov 2006, 14:15
OMG! :cool: :cool: :thumbsup:

Advent-Lara
22nd Nov 2006, 16:58
That looks so tomb raidish!! very classic!

Joshorty
23rd Nov 2006, 01:50
O MAN:D Although the place has been altered, I still felt Lost Valley there:D

And I wouldn't be suprised if there was going to be an updated Lara 'cause she doesn't look right..or no she does look right but something is missing...and I dunno what that is:scratch:

And look at this awesome pic comparison someone made on the other forums:D

here's another picture to compare

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/evilkipje/TRRemakeScreen2.jpg
I never really noticed:D Crystal Dynamics were really paying attention:D

23rd Nov 2006, 07:22
I don't like the fact they are reusing textures and objects from Legend. Anyone see the block above the waterfall? That makes numerous appearances in Legend. Kinda half assed if you ask me...

kiss-bite
23rd Nov 2006, 07:35
I don't like the fact they are reusing textures and objects from Legend. Anyone see the block above the waterfall? That makes numerous appearances in Legend. Kinda half assed if you ask me...

The classic Tomb Raiders reused textures all the time! Textures such as rock & foliage is fine as in nature natural things are seen in many places. The block above the waterfall witch will block the water in the game is very similar to the tombs original architecture in TR1, also i don't recall it being used in Legend, definitely not repeatedly!:rolleyes:

_mil
23rd Nov 2006, 08:59
I think Ben is right, it does seem familiar, but also, Keyth your also right on that one also, you see so many of the same texture everywhere in the classic games, even the doors in lara's mansion were used in the one on tr2, and then they just darkened them in tr3.

But you do need to remember, the place where lara is in tr1, is the same country that was in trl. But the over-use of cogs seems to remind me of Bolivia actually... ****
but i like that they've kept the path along to the left still, and why does her top look blue... perhaps just the scan i guess. :scratch:

dhama
23rd Nov 2006, 16:01
So where are they then? And if there are new screenshots, why haven't Eidos posted them on their own forum? It's all about money right? :rolleyes:

Advent-Lara
23rd Nov 2006, 16:04

And I wouldn't be suprised if there was going to be an updated Lara 'cause she doesn't look right..or no she does look right but something is missing...and I dunno what that is:scratch:

And look at this awesome pic comparison someone made on the other forums:D

I never really noticed:D Crystal Dynamics were really paying attention:D

whoah , I AM speechless!!thanks for putting those images next to eachother :D:Dlooks so amazing!

kiss-bite
23rd Nov 2006, 16:40
and why does her top look blue... perhaps just the scan i guess. :scratch:

I think it's that colour because Lara is wet, like in Legend, her outfit changes colour when Lara's been in water & then it returns to the normal colour as it gradually dries. This was a nice detail in Legend I thought as was the dirt on Lara. If you look at one or two of the other screens Lara's outfit is the classic colour.:)

Advent-Lara
23rd Nov 2006, 16:44
whoah! hang on! why does lara got a ponytail in the anniversary?

Johnny
23rd Nov 2006, 16:57
whoah! hang on! why does lara got a ponytail in the anniversary?

She doesn't. She has the braid. :)

shurik
23rd Nov 2006, 17:13
I don't see any pics here and there? Were they removed? :(

burt_ie
23rd Nov 2006, 17:37
Yes I think they have been removed by request of someone.

Advent-Lara
23rd Nov 2006, 18:11
She doesn't. She has the braid. :)

oh braid i menat! she doesnt wear a braid in tomb raider 1 jsut that short thingy whatever its called!

Johnny
23rd Nov 2006, 19:32
oh braid i menat! she doesnt wear a braid in tomb raider 1 jsut that short thingy whatever its called!

Lara has always had a braid, but there were technological limitations in TR1 that didn't allow her to sport one during game play.

Advent-Lara
23rd Nov 2006, 20:52
oh that explains why it is in the cenematics XD LOL!

Joshorty
23rd Nov 2006, 21:07
If you guys noticed, the "block" has the stone patterns from the City Of Vilcambamba:D or Tomb of Quolopec and the Caves.

*did you know that the City of Vilcambamba is a Mayan city in Guatemala?:D

Paradoxical Life
23rd Nov 2006, 21:30
oh...I can't find any screenshots when I open the link.. :confused:

aussie500
24th Nov 2006, 07:35
Play Magazine requested that they be removed, since they were exclusive screenshots for the magazine they did not want them available online :(

shirl123
24th Nov 2006, 12:08

it looks more like "Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis" to me then the Lost Valley :p
now seriously - it looks very good, but nothing like the original.

Advent-Lara
24th Nov 2006, 22:33
what a pity that they dont sell the play magazine in holland :|

danny.rex
25th Nov 2006, 02:36
Could someone please post the scans directly here?

Please please please...

There is no way I can get that magazine, I live in latin america

Verios
30th Nov 2006, 21:35
I for one hope they have the Legend outfit as an option or an unlockable...I really did enjoy the ponytail / that outfit (not sure what it was..just liked it better than the classic blue) I am happy to see no grenades / binoculers so far...even through TR1 I always used either the original Pistols or the Magnums. I tell ya though...looking at the original TR screens and what we have now...man has technology come a long way.