PDA

View Full Version : Corpses: Stay Or Vanish?

Dragu Slave
19th Nov 2006, 11:36
Same question.

Would you want the corpses to stay or vanish?

Stay for me, and also insert some blood stains on the ground/walls when killing enemies.

ladylinnycroft
19th Nov 2006, 12:41
i was discussing this very same thing with my husband the other night...IMHO i think the kills should stay...it makes it more realistic....i think if lara comes back to the same area the body should still be there....it might help you with navigating games as well

Headache
19th Nov 2006, 22:46
Yeah I agree. With both ya'll.
But being me, if a deformed body of... something.... Were to just stay there, it'd make me nervous. That's just the way I act o_0 I guess Im afraid it'll spring up and attack me :lol:

_mil
19th Nov 2006, 23:39
yeah, agreed also. but perhaps this time lara wont run through the actually body of the person she just killed :p

something funny, perhaps trip over them... meh, to realistic i think :scratch:
but i would actually love to have a corpse jump up and not be dead for a little bit, perhaps winded or some other form of unpleasantly which you never really see in a game. a body still partially alive and gets back up... par AOE 3 of course :whistle:

Treeble
20th Nov 2006, 00:17
Don't really care.

Terminatorvs
21st Nov 2006, 17:49
I'd prefer the dead to stay instead of vanish, even though that was only in "TR1", "TR2" and "TR3". In "TR4", "TR5" and "TR7" the corpses slowly disappeared and in "TR6" they disappeared after blinking several times a-la Dendy arcade game.
The other question is: what is more common for "TR" games?

tizerist
21st Nov 2006, 18:19
this should be a no-brainer.

the original reason for disappearing bodies was to conserve computer memory.
the same reason why skid marks disappear in racing games.

anything from the dreamcast/ps2 onwards....theres NO excuse. bodies must stay.

tizerist
21st Nov 2006, 18:23
yeah, agreed also. but perhaps this time lara wont run through the actually body of the person she just killed :p

something funny, perhaps trip over them... meh, to realistic i think :scratch:
:

it wouldnt take much to have an automatic "hop over body" animation if you try to run through them.
also if you cant draw guns and stuff while that happens

_mil
21st Nov 2006, 21:01
also if you cant draw guns and stuff while that happens

you should be able to draw guns, there wouldnt be anything that would be preventing lara from doing so.... unless they decided not to include it of course

burt_ie
22nd Nov 2006, 17:43
Stay without a doubt, much more realistic.

shurik
23rd Nov 2006, 17:26
Stay without a doubt, much more realistic.

It's much more realistic I agree, but it ruins the environment! I think what they did in LEGEND was a good idea!

burt_ie
23rd Nov 2006, 17:35
What did they do in legend?
I cant remember!

shurik
23rd Nov 2006, 18:39
What did they do in legend?
I cant remember!

they just dissapeared after you killed them!

LaraGirl216
28th Nov 2006, 17:13
I think they should stay- only coz then you will know if you've been in that place before.

I also think one of the reasons they didn't do it in Legend is coz of how many mercenaries they're were. Imagine if they did stay- the beginning of Kazakhstan would be chaotic! LOL:lol:

Verios
30th Nov 2006, 21:32
I think a good compromise would be along the lines of the little "baddies" disappearing after a certain time (Ex: you run from the beginning of the level to about half way...and if you back track they'd no longer be there) however the larger enemies, like the T-Rex, Mummies, etc, should stay throughout the level.

Alexlovesguns
2nd Dec 2006, 01:21
Bodies should stay, it breaks the imersion to see bodies disapearing just like that, some hundred years after someone might venture inside these tombs again, its only fair for them to find some skeletons and health packs left behind, and think:
"I wonder what happened here.." ;) .

ditom
2nd Dec 2006, 18:16
But if they stay it will be dirty:D

StarChampagne
2nd Dec 2006, 20:07
Lara's just killed the T-rex, and then wham! It's gone! She wouldn't get the chance to take its head home to hang in her trophy room then, would she? Although how it would fit in that backpack I have no idea...

I'm not particularly bothered, but corpses staying are more realistic. And they act as a you've-been-here marker.

Headache
2nd Dec 2006, 21:23
Lara's just killed the T-rex, and then wham! It's gone! She wouldn't get the chance to take its head home to hang in her trophy room then, would she? Although how it would fit in that backpack I have no idea...
Hmmm... Maybe she could call in a 'ship' to come pick it up. Just like in Carnivores 1-3... You kill a dino and you call in a ship to pick it up and take it to your trophy room. :cool:

ChOnyD
23rd Dec 2006, 05:11
Really, I think the courpses should stay. It isn't really that bad because most of the things killed in Anniversary are probablly gonna be animals. Although, the posture of the corpses should change because in the first Tomb Raider the wolves looked really weird on the floor dead....So Stay:thumbsup:

Dad
23rd Dec 2006, 12:48
Good thing they dont add smell cause all those bodies lying around would start to smell bad. hehe....just had to say that. :rasp:

Deadly47
23rd Dec 2006, 15:22
Aman to that.

But what about black widows. What if there pregnet. You kill one and her babies come out. Wouldnt that be real?

Its happend before,that would be scray cause they look transparent when there babys.

Kurtis Trent
23rd Dec 2006, 16:21
Yeah I agree. With both ya'll.
But being me, if a deformed body of... something.... Were to just stay there, it'd make me nervous. That's just the way I act o_0 I guess Im afraid it'll spring up and attack me :lol:

Resident Evil REmake anyone? man Crimson Heads scared the crap outta me...

Anyway, I agree the bodies should stay, mostly as a flag saying you've been here.:thumbsup:

StarChampagne
23rd Dec 2006, 19:00
Hmmm... Maybe she could call in a 'ship' to come pick it up. Just like in Carnivores 1-3... You kill a dino and you call in a ship to pick it up and take it to your trophy room. :cool:

Good idea :D Although how they'd find the 'lost' valley... (but then again, Larson seemed to manage just fine :) ).

Corpses springing up to attack? Doom 3, anyone? Corpses didn't disappear in that, and if you were reeally lucky they'd get up and attack you... Please don't do that to me CD :p I scare easily!

Or, and this might be ridiculous, they could have a toggle corpse option. Saw it done in Drakan - if you set the gore level to minimum, the dead would neatly fade into nothingness. Maximum, on the other hand, was quite a different story :)

Deadly47
23rd Dec 2006, 19:56
Same with punisher on the pc. You could set it to make that way bulliets didnt dispear blood nore corps.

lunastar87
18th Jan 2007, 19:03

lol that would be awesome

TR III
18th Jan 2007, 21:34
Stay. I don't like it when bodies disappear in games.

floydthebarber
18th Jan 2007, 22:07
Of course they should stay. I mean, you killed them after all. Is seeing a corpse any worse than killing it in the first place? I think not. Don't sanitize death, it should be a serious matter and one that is not minimized. And one should see Lara lying dead briefly, it is more incentive to keep her alive on the reload.

ahimsa
22nd Jan 2007, 01:41
I guess I'm odd; I like it when they disappear.

ditom
22nd Jan 2007, 11:57
Me too.
There should be option in game " stay or vanish"

Joshorty
23rd Jan 2007, 04:05
I think they should also. AOD's was the worst by far. Tomb 3's disappears when you don't look at it (happens to me on the PS version) and LEgend's and 4/5 slowly fades.

The reason I think they faded the bodies away was to not make the game any laggier. This is a real good tpic by the way.

It felt really odd when LAra was at Nishimura's and after she finished killing the guys, no bodies was left:confused: