PDA

View Full Version : Combat Knife

Dragu Slave
19th Nov 2006, 11:33
I think that Lara should have a Combat Knife. Besides the fact that she also had it in the FMV before Caves in TR1, it would make a great tool, like cutting ropes, prying things from walls etc...

A Combat Knife in her boot is more Lara than a Crowbar.

In RE Code Veronica, it was useless, yet you needed it to free Claire from the cocoon. So if implemented that way, it would make a great tool.

In RE4, it was useless, yet still needed sometimes.

The weapon thing would just and extra bonus to make sense. Overall, it is still a weapon.

Terminatorvs
21st Nov 2006, 17:46
I think, the developers shouldn't give Lara a combat knife, because that way the game would get blood-messy - more Bloodrayne and Warrior Within style. Not for "TR". Besides, if CDs don't make Lara use the knife, while owning it, that would raise a fuss among gamers - "Why didn't Lara use the goddddddamn knife - it's stupid, blah, blah, blah."
P. S. In the opening cinematic in "TR1", I think it was silly of Lara to cut the rope she was holding. Why didn't she just let go???

Headache
22nd Nov 2006, 01:27
I wouldn't really care if she had one or not. I mean.... she has accurate aim for ropes... As for prying stuff out of walls.... Well.... She uses her 'woman power' :)

Advent-Lara
22nd Nov 2006, 17:02
A knife is so sexy , like karima with the jungle photocall ...She also whore a knife :D

burt_ie
22nd Nov 2006, 17:38
Never thought of that before, could be intersting.

Joshorty
24th Nov 2006, 21:22
Actually this isn't a bad idea :) And perhaps to lower down the violence, use the knife as a tool - I liked how the opening CGI, she used it to cut the rope she's holding onto. Who knows:rolleyes:

burt_ie
25th Nov 2006, 02:10
Yhea I agree it could be used as a tool, if it were like the one in Resident evil 4 maybe, totally useless as a weapon but good for braking open boxes, crates or cutting down plants, vines and bushes.
After all Lara is an explorer and it would probably be a good idea to carry a knife if your off exploring somewhere!

deltaforce128
24th Mar 2007, 00:12
It should be an unlockable weapon for lara. I kinda want a machete though.
:)

Taylour
24th Mar 2007, 02:18
P. S. In the opening cinematic in "TR1", I think it was silly of Lara to cut the rope she was holding. Why didn't she just let go???

Becuase it makes for a better FMV, kind of like "Why are kids in horror movies so dumb?" :D

Joshorty
24th Mar 2007, 02:53
Lol that has been on my mind ever since I first played it but it's not one to argue anyway:rolleyes:

aussie500
24th Mar 2007, 04:20
I think, the developers shouldn't give Lara a combat knife, because that way the game would get blood-messy - more Bloodrayne and Warrior Within style. Not for "TR". Besides, if CDs don't make Lara use the knife, while owning it, that would raise a fuss among gamers - "Why didn't Lara use the goddddddamn knife - it's stupid, blah, blah, blah."

Tomb raider it seems these days does not have blood so it would make no difference in that respect, since Anniversary is basically using the legend engine we would not get enough anyway, Tomb Raider 8 would be the one to show something new like that.

Lara cut the rope in Tomb Raider 1 simply because it looked good and Core needed to loose the grapple, no doubt Lara lost the knife on the way down when she needed to draw the guns. It would be natural to assume Lara does carry a small knife, but l do not think we will be seeing it for a while yet

ditom
24th Mar 2007, 22:28
If they add kombat knife this game will be like bloodrayne (I don't like this game).Lara should have only guns.