PDA

View Full Version : Outfits and Levels.

Dragu Slave
19th Nov 2006, 11:31
I liked the closet feature in Legend, especially in the manor, But there were a bit too many useless outfits, like Bikinis, Business suits, Evening Red (Since in the cut scene before she rips it, she wears black), Legend Pink (Pink ain't Lara), etc...

In Anniversary I'd like to see Lara wearing Winter for Caves and City Of Vilcabamba, and change into Classic from lost Valley onwards.

The reason is that in even though in TR1 she always wore classic, it wouldn't make sense, cause otherwise she'll freeze to death.

So I guess this is one change/improvement that needs to be implemented.

ladylinnycroft
19th Nov 2006, 12:43
i really loved the changes of outfits.....it was something different....

Advent-Lara
19th Nov 2006, 16:10
The outfits werent useless , and lara + pink looks in some way really suductive.

Treeble
20th Nov 2006, 00:20
I didn't like the Suits at first either, but after having played a few levels in them, they've grown A LOT on me. The cream suit is particularly cute. :)

All in all, about every outfit in Legend had great value for me - except for the bikinis. :)

I hope they leave the ability of choice for when replaying levels in AE, but perhaps 10-12 outfits will suffice. ;)

Joshorty
20th Nov 2006, 00:29
I used the gray suit on the PSP:D fitted in with facing Takamoto face to face when I breaked in his office.
*I wondered if the Gamecube version got those Extras from the PSP...

Treeble
20th Nov 2006, 00:54
GAH! I want to see them PSP outfits! :eek:

But yes, I was hoping that the PSP extras would make into the GCN version. Maybe... Hopefully... :scratch:

Joshorty
20th Nov 2006, 04:01
hehe:D I wouldn't be suprised however, if it ends up on the Gamecube version - this is why I'm gonna get the japanese version:D It'd surely include the English track anyway since the Japanese likes English A LOT. And I'll play through to see if there's any bug fixes/updates:D

Sorin
20th Nov 2006, 06:33
I've used all the outfits at one time or another. Outfits I go back to frequently are Legend, Legend Black and Legend Pink. I've used Goth, Lace Shirt a lot in the past. But yeah, I've used them all at one point or another. My only gripe with the outfits is not being able to use the bikinis outside of the Manor! I saw this one picture of Karima in the black bikini, and she had Lara's get-up on - the headset (I think) and the belt with her grenades, guns, etc. Come on, let us do that in game during the levels! :D It doesn't have to make sense, I mean after all, you can make Lara wear the black dress outfit in Nepal. ;)

Joshorty
20th Nov 2006, 06:52
Well I get what you mean - I wanna do that too:D(Ahem and no..I'm not those type of people-_-)just for the fun of it. But I think CD decided not to do that 'cause it wouldn't be right - not as in realism but..it'd be awkward...

*mentioning this reminds me of when I saw in cheatcc.com Lara's Naked Trampoline Party. It's a game where Lara's naked and jumping around trampolines and goin' through Tombs..naked:scratch: I was so disappointed to see a Lara Croft game based on that and it was rated Ao (Adults Only)...UNTIL 4 YEARS LATER someone mentioned to me in this forum that that was only an APRILS FOOL JOKE:eek: :mad2: :mad2: :eek: :mad2: Now why would some site like CheatCC add it - are they behind that:scratch: ? 'cause I'm not amused-__-x......

Dragu Slave
20th Nov 2006, 10:00
Wow. I'm glad to see that people like the closet feature. I'm hoping to see it again, but with less outfits and more levels.

I want:
Legend outfit
Legend Black
Legend Blue
Sport green and blue
Winter
TR3 Antarctica
TR3 south pacific
TR2 Tibet
AoD outfits

I don't see the cat suit and wet suit in TR:A since there are no under water levels, unless CD add one, in that case, yeah.

Headache
20th Nov 2006, 11:34
I don't see the cat suit and wet suit in TR:A since there are no under water levels, unless CD add one, in that case, yeah.
I liked the cat suit... But wasn't the other one a 'snow suit'?

(Geez, you type or see 'suit' enough, it looks like a foreign language)

Dragu Slave
20th Nov 2006, 12:35
Yep :)

Joshorty
20th Nov 2006, 16:31
There are tons of underwater exploration in Tomb Raider but I don't know if a Catsuit's necessary..

Dragu Slave
20th Nov 2006, 18:18
There are tons of underwater exploration in Tomb Raider but I don't know if a Catsuit's necessary..

But where would she change :p

Joshorty
20th Nov 2006, 18:47
That's why keep the CLassic outfit throughout:D No question about it! Even though she had to go through the cold caves in the beginning...this is hard 'cause Lara in the beginning had that winter coat on but then it was removed when she striked down and shot the wolves and it looks cool as an entrance to just have her wearing the normal classic outfit.

To be realisitc, she'd remove her winter coat when she enters the City of Vilcamba..or whatever it was called.

ladylinnycroft
20th Nov 2006, 19:58
i love playing in classic.......makes me fell all nostalgic...i loved the catsuit too.....reminded me of VCI.....and i loved the belt buckle with the paw print........bravo to whoever did the outfits.....the majority of them were great

Advent-Lara
20th Nov 2006, 20:46
I didn't like the Suits at first either, but after having played a few levels in them, they've grown A LOT on me. The cream suit is particularly cute. :)

The suits are stylish , without the belt it would look so awsome , did you see her shoes? and how she slides of a rope with a suit? So stylish!

Joshorty
21st Nov 2006, 02:40
*I know it's not likely some will be spoiled or not but you got your warning incase so SPOILERS

Yeah you're right without the belt, it'd look better. If they somehow continued Legend with at least one more cutscene when near the end of the cutscene, Lara assigned Alister and the rest (including her) to go to the British Museum. She told them to dress in layers, where she's suppose to meet Proffessor Edington over there.

But from the way the scene closed along with the soundtrack, I don't think they would've added another scene since it was the ending. BUT I think they wanted to add another one, since Lara was suppose to attend the meeting she quickly arranged and was to be dressed in layers after the last level but I guess they kinda canceled it out and left that costume as a bonus - that's my guess :rolleyes:

Terminatorvs
21st Nov 2006, 17:45
The numerous outfits are just something that was implemented for fun, not for something ultraserious. Don't take them as something absolutely illogical. Besides, didn't you want to know, how would Lara look if she wore something different from the classics. Plus, Lara + pink = something unusual. And that makes it peculiar.
P. S. No one took Bloodrayne's schoolgirl and cowgirl outfits seriously - no complains about them.

Sorin
21st Nov 2006, 20:53
Bloodrayne's schoolgirl and cowgirl outfits ... no complains about them.

I hope not. Never played the game, but I fully support these outfits. :thumbsup:

Joshorty
21st Nov 2006, 20:55
The numerous outfits are just something that was implemented for fun, not for something ultraserious. Don't take them as something absolutely illogical. Besides, didn't you want to know, how would Lara look if she wore something different from the classics. Plus, Lara + pink = something unusual. And that makes it peculiar.
P. S. No one took Bloodrayne's schoolgirl and cowgirl outfits seriously - no complains about them.
Didn't say I would be right:rolleyes:But I always wonder about things. And I dunno if this that was illogical..unless you're referring to someone else/something else, my bad:D

burt_ie
22nd Nov 2006, 17:45
Thought the different outfits were a waste in legend....never bother to use them at all, most boring and pointless unlock ables ever! Would not have been so bad if there were just a few of them.
Would not like to see them return in AE.

shurik
23rd Nov 2006, 17:23
But there were a bit too many useless outfits, like Bikinis, Business suits, Evening Red

What are you talking about, most of the costumes were pretty cool, except of the GOTHIC one of course! :mad2: totally freaked me out when I saw it! Bikini one was the hottest one, defenately great!!!

But yeah I see what you're saying about costumes change in the lvls!

Treeble
23rd Nov 2006, 19:38
What are you talking about, most of the costumes were pretty cool, except of the GOTHIC one of course! :mad2: totally freaked me out when I saw it! Bikini one was the hottest one, defenately great!!!

That's exactly why all of them should remain. I'd take Gothic outfits over bikinis ANY day. :)

Deadly47
13th Dec 2006, 03:43
That bikini bearly coverd her boobs. Great god i hope it ant smaller next game.

Legend_of_Lara
25th Dec 2006, 16:25
That bikini bearly coverd her boobs. Great god i hope it ant smaller next game.

--VAOV!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :nut: :nut: :nut:

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
26th Dec 2006, 16:05
I liked the closet feature in Legend, especially in the manor, But there were a bit too many useless outfits, like Bikinis, Business suits, Evening Red (Since in the cut scene before she rips it, she wears black), Legend Pink (Pink ain't Lara), etc...

In Anniversary I'd like to see Lara wearing Winter for Caves and City Of Vilcabamba, and change into Classic from lost Valley onwards.

The reason is that in even though in TR1 she always wore classic, it wouldn't make sense, cause otherwise she'll freeze to death.

So I guess this is one change/improvement that needs to be implemented.

No she wont, this isn't The Day After Tomorrow!!!!!!

deltaforce128
24th Mar 2007, 00:16
I think you should be able to personally customize all her clothes. Some outfits unlocked should give her special abilities like when she wears bulletproof armor in TR Legend, it should of gave her more protection.