PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install

mistique
18th Nov 2006, 02:58
I got the minimum system requirements for my comp and when i tried to install the game the entire computer shut off in the middle of it. The people who looked at my computer said that the game used up all the memory when i was installing and that is why the computer shuts down. The thing is they said that when it plays it doesn't use all the memory, just when it installs. Is there any way around this so i can install it without using all the memory.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Terminatorvs
18th Nov 2006, 14:41
You've been misled, as far as I can say. Your computer is not supposed to shut down during the installation process - it's supposed to tell you "Oh my god, I'm full and can't eat anymore". The game weighs 7.5 GB, by the way. My guess is that you have a hardware problem - probably with the RAM.

mistique
18th Nov 2006, 23:06
Well im not much of a computer expert so i have no idea what the Ram is.
But yeah thats all its doing is shutting down in the middle of installation I don't get an error message at all.:confused:

RuumTaedor
18th Nov 2006, 23:22
How about something simple like adequate free disk space. Do you have about 10 GB disk space free to accommodate the installation of Legend?

Rick C
19th Nov 2006, 02:26
I hope by now someone has told you that a cd/dvd player is necessary. If you can't play a movie you will not be able to load the game.

Lunideth
19th Nov 2006, 11:28
1. Problem is in RAM
2. If it would be in hdd (Hard Drive Disk) pc wouldn shut down.
3. He have CD/DVD drive because game starts to install

RAM is memory which pc uses to work. So if ur pc runs out of it and u dont have money/time/dont want to buy more then do next:

Disable unneeded programs if u know which arent needed at the moment if u dont then do next:

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
2. Click "processess" tab
3. There should be many different processes so you must go to google and copy there every process by one to see which ur pc dont need to work.
4. After u know how importatnt process is u can shut it down if it isnt important.

For example:
U have "iexplore.exe" there so go to google and in search put "iexplore.exe" u will find out that it is Internet Explorer. And if u use it to surf in internet u need it right now to find other processes.

U can easily find meaning of every process u just need to search carefully.

If u cant do it then send here list of all your processes or "print Screen" image so i and other can tell you which processes u dont need.

mistique
19th Nov 2006, 17:14
Thankyou very much for your help. The people who were looking at my computer are also searching for the problem. Before i take your advice Im gonna show it to those people. hopefully it helps. Thankys alot.:)

ditom
20th Nov 2006, 18:49
? :rolleyes: :nut: