PDA

View Full Version : solved a problem!

blakey83
17th Nov 2006, 02:59
ok...a couple weeks ago i got rid of j.c bcoz of its stupid stuttering glitch.
i was at the time running it on an a.m.d xp cpu.
today i got an overhaul on my comp and got an intel cpu,and foxconn motherboard,plus some sd ram.my new c.p.u has hyperthreading technology and
is quick as s**t!
so i picked up another copy of j.c as i wanted to test a theory....which was that j.c is a multi threaded piece of software.. and it runs smooth as a babys ass with 512 of memory!
i personally dont think the game has a memory leak as some ppl had suggested,but is simply a piece of software that likes to multithread its data.
i know many ppl cant afford an upgrade just 4 the sake of a game,but my old comp was pants and needed it.
funnily enough...eidos had never stated that it ran better on h.t technology but it does(on the case it said athlon xp or equivalent)
i just thought i'd let u all know my wierd discovery....thats all.
oh....my opinion on the game has dramaticly changed....i wonder why?

vladicide
17th Nov 2006, 04:30
i have an amd dual core cpu and hyperthreading, and it still eff's up after 20+ mins of gameplay

Major_A
17th Nov 2006, 06:23
No such thing as AMD and Hyper Threading (HT), you probably mean Hyper Transport or HTT. You dual core guys need to try downloading the AMD Dual Core Optimizer patch. This is supposed to solve problems with load balancing between the processors. When people first started buying Dual Core processors there would be a lag/stutter then the game would basically fast forward 5-10 seconds. Originally to solve this you would have to bring up the Task Manager and assign a core affinity to get the game to run correctly.
Lego: Star Wars

Giant Interactive's hit title is our next game in the line-up. Despite everything in the game being made out of Legos, the visual effects are quite lovely. This game doesn't require a high-end system, but there are very nice visuals available for those that have one. As I've mentioned before, the sound quality in this game is what really impresses me.

We had some profound issues with this title. The first issue pertains to some significant video corruption problems that turned out to be a power problem that we will address later. The second issue was mentioned in the recent Puget Systems evaluation. It concerns the choppiness in gameplay that has become affectionately known as the “Benny Hill” effect. It resembles the video lag we see in online gaming in that your character continues to move, although you can't see him do it. It's rather difficult to explain, but suffice it to say that gameplay was anything but smooth and it was obvious that something was amiss. We will discuss this further in our Gaming Summary. The third issue pertains to a massive temperature build-up on the GPU, which could be related to the first issue concerning power. The fourth issue concerns the game option of using High Dynamic Range (HDR). The choice between enabling or disabling it meant a difference in average frame rate of 45 and 124 frames per second, respectively. HDR was also corrupting the global lighting effects. The two images below are of the same scene, taken a fraction of a second apart. As you can see, there are some major issues with managing the lighting contrast. Disabling HDR resolved this issue completely. This is the first time we have encountered such profound issues with HDR on this title.
http://console.hardocp.com/article.html?art=ODY3LDUsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

AMD Dual Core Optimizer Patch:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/Setup.exe

moosa12
17th Nov 2006, 14:44
I've already been mentioning this though out the whole forum
and it seems that no one listens! What is the f8cking point of helping out if
others won't listen to what you say!!!!!!!!:mad: Also there is a patch for you AMD single core users too!
If you go to AMD's site you can see it, under the drives and utilities section! If you don't then don't bother because you don't even freakin know how to use the search button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

vladicide
17th Nov 2006, 20:26
yeah transport, sorry anyway i've always had the optimizer

and i do the affinity every time, as in i'll switch it to cpu 0 and 10-20 minutes later same thing.

Darklord666
2nd Jan 2007, 16:10
I've already been mentioning this though out the whole forum
and it seems that no one listens! What is the f8cking point of helping out if
others won't listen to what you say!!!!!!!!:mad: Also there is a patch for you AMD single core users too!
If you go to AMD's site you can see it, under the drives and utilities section! If you don't then don't bother because you don't even freakin know how to use the search button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well thanks. This is the first time I notice your advice. I was searching this forum several times but never found this hint:scratch:
I'll try that out and tell if it works.

Darklord666
2nd Jan 2007, 19:08
I've tried it out and it makes NO difference :mad2: