PDA

View Full Version : Partners for lara?

Mleps
14th Nov 2006, 00:19
Idk if someone has already talked about this, but what do you all think about having another guy in tomb raider, as like Kurtis in AOD. I heard a lot of negative responses about him, so how would everyone feel if they put another new guy in the next story line? maybe one you are able to play with again.

Treeble
14th Nov 2006, 00:23
Zip, Alister and others babbling on a earset - ok, that we can live with. (well, some of us)

Someone replacing Lara in loco - not ok.

Headache
14th Nov 2006, 01:13
Uhhhh. Lemme think.
....:scratch:
:scratch:....

IMO, no.

Astara
14th Nov 2006, 19:38
Idk if someone has already talked about this, but what do you all think about having another guy in tomb raider, as like Kurtis in AOD. I heard a lot of negative responses about him, so how would everyone feel if they put another new guy in the next story line? maybe one you are able to play with again.

Um...to quote someone else...um..."lemme think...no" :-)

Seriously, who wants to play with another guy? Ok, sorry, don't mean to be homophobic for those so inclined -- especially given my own predilections -- how about an optional female companion? :-)

Ok, to be fair...maybe a choice...or maybe simplify -- maybe a little dog or K-9 (ala Dr. Who) unit...? That little laser unit could be handy in a battle...

:-)
A*a

ditom
14th Nov 2006, 20:52
I can be her partner. :cool:

Vampmaster
14th Nov 2006, 22:27
How about Amanda as a second player? Lara was willing to work with her again at the end and the thing about Laras mother was just an accident. Neither of them seemed to really want to kill the other, they just kept on getting in each others way.

Number6
15th Nov 2006, 12:42
How about Amanda as a second player? Lara was willing to work with her again at the end and the thing about Laras mother was just an accident. Neither of them seemed to really want to kill the other, they just kept on getting in each others way.

I'll second that.

Amanda could be the one that brings out the full depth of Lara's psyche.
Plus, I love her tats.

uzigirl
15th Nov 2006, 18:30
No let's not go back to having another character to play.

I think I could only do that if it was an extra like a bonus which you could have the option to do this but not 'have' to.

If I wanted to do that I would play 'other' games.

ladylinnycroft
15th Nov 2006, 18:44
i hated playing as kurtis......he walked strange moved strange and was a real pain......i haven't played as amanda yet perhaps she will be fun

ditom
15th Nov 2006, 21:23
Tomb Raider = Lara and only Lara.
If CD will give us another character to play it won't be real Tomb Raider.

Gamerking
16th Nov 2006, 10:12
Partners?! Have you not seen her chest!!!???

Terminatorvs
17th Nov 2006, 07:23
No way! Lara is supposed to be alone in all the tombs with only a headset to keep her company (Alister and Zip should stay). Besides, playing as a male character, when the main character is a female isn't right. It works only the other way around - Example: Max Payne 2.

ditom
20th Nov 2006, 18:46
No way! Lara is supposed to be alone in all the tombs with only a headset to keep her company (Alister and Zip should stay). Besides, playing as a male character, when the main character is a female isn't right. It works only the other way around - Example: Max Payne 2.

Thats right. They should keep Alister and Zip.I think that the worst idea is male character.

Headache
21st Nov 2006, 01:06
Lara just shouldn't have a partner. Doesn't seem natural. To me anway :rasp:

Terminatorvs
21st Nov 2006, 18:01
Another reason, why Alister and Zip should stay: Lara would feel lonely without these two. I felt absolutely freeking lonely, when I was playing "TR2" recently (Yes, I finally got it, and completed it too). I felt so empty with Lara keeping all the things, she could say about the environment, to herself; that I suddenly started talking myself - I was discussing the level with my very own dumb self, I was pointing out some flaws in the level design as well as some logical mistakes (to myself aloud), etc. etc. That's the story, I hope I made you smile. :)

Headache
22nd Nov 2006, 01:29
That's the story, I hope I made you smile. :)
Indeed.
But I know the feeling of lonliness. In TR4, it felt like... I was the only one alive in the world. Besides the baddies.... But they were just possessed demons in human form :rasp:

Dutch_Croft
22nd Nov 2006, 12:41
I would love to have a second Kurtis in the game, at the time of AOD it was quit a suprise to play with a second character.. I also thought Zip was a very good choise in 'Legend..so why not make him playable in maybe TR8? :D

ditom
23rd Nov 2006, 14:58
I would love to have a second Kurtis in the game, at the time of AOD it was quit a suprise to play with a second character.. I also thought Zip was a very good choise in 'Legend..so why not make him playable in maybe TR8? :D

No! This is very bed idea.

Advent-Lara
23rd Nov 2006, 16:40
LAra is The Ultimate heroine , she doesnt have to share that place in a futute game

and kurtis was slow LOL!

shaq
25th Nov 2006, 20:26
...she is independent for sure... ;))))))))

Mr.LaraCroft
27th Nov 2006, 20:47
i'm a guy..just to put that out there..lol..and i think maybe instead of a guy cause Kurtis's moves sucked..i think maybe a girl partner..that would be cool..

LaraGirl216
28th Nov 2006, 07:11
Going back to what you were saying about Amanda I think that they won't be friends again unless there is going to be 2 sequels coz it is highley unlikely that they are going to be friends after that fight :)

DON'T READ UNLESS YOU HAVE COMPLETED BOLIVIA REDUX!!!

Plus Lara did kill Rutland... and everyone did see Amanda's face after that!