PDA

View Full Version : HIGH END PC - and still serious game problem? READ, PLEASE

daredevil
13th Nov 2006, 21:11
Hi,
first, let me introduce my PC specification:
Intel Dual Core 3,4 GHZ (in fact it is Dual Core Pentium 4 on 3,4)
RAM 2 Giga
Graphic Card: Geforce 7950 GX2

so, it is pretty powerful, but!
I play this game at 1280x1024 resolution with everything set on full,
like everyother game (and all other games run perfectly, I have benchmark on f.e. Trackmania Sunrise with this resolution, 8 x antialiasing and it runs even at this maximum setting on 170 frames per second, so you see, no problems of PC power) .....

HOWEVER
When I play Just Cause, it is great, very very quick and smooth but only for 45 minutes, but after about these 45 minutes the game starts to slow down to almost freezing 1 second moments!!!, it is unbearable to play with this pause-like moments, I dont understand why.

My only logic explanation is that after this time, all the 2 GIGA RAM is full and it has to run the game from hardisk cache but it does that so poorly it kills the game, i have never ever had a problem like this with other game. IS THIS BAD PROGRAMMING OF JUST CAUSE??? or is there some patch.

Please help if anybody of you witnessed this after long playing time. It seems to me like this game does not work with some hardisk cache or I dont know

and IF I exit the game and load it again and play this same level, it is alright again, it seems really like this game can not keep steady framerate for a long time, your advice or experience is very welcome

i have latest NVIDIA driver and really, everyother game runs quickly, even if i have been playing for 10 hours or longer

vladicide
14th Nov 2006, 02:58
this is the exact same problem i'm having, only i have AMD dual core.

daredevil
14th Nov 2006, 16:31
this is the exact same problem i'm having, only i have AMD dual core.

maybe it is a problem of dual core processors??? don´t know, maybe some Eidos statement to this would be nice, cause this is really game that can not keep framerate steady for a long time

or they should put a sticker on the original Just Cause stating that "this game is not compatible with dualcore processors" because it really sucks!!!

should not they release patch to fix this, i am strongly thinking about demanding my money back

vladicide
14th Nov 2006, 18:56
To me it's not even worth fixing anymore, the game is a waste. As well as the money i spent on it.

moosa12
14th Nov 2006, 21:51
maybe it is a problem of dual core processors???

This has nothing to do with dual core processors.
As a matter of fact I'm running this game on a dual core rig and
there is no issues what's so ever. Therefore do not
blame it on your processor. ;)

As for you AMD dual core owners, AMD have drivers for their
dual core cpus as well as a optimizer.

daredevil
14th Nov 2006, 22:16
This has nothing to do with dual core processors.
As a matter of fact I'm running this game on a dual core rig and
there is no issues what's so ever. Therefore do not
blame it on your processor. ;)

As for you AMD dual core owners, AMD have drivers for their
dual core cpus as well as a optimizer.

I don´t but it is very probable, cause if you check all the posts from different topics here, when people are describing these problems, they all have dual cores. Maybe you play the game only for an hour, try longer and you will join the club :rasp: :lol:

but personally I still think, the game is not optimized quite well and it just works when it uses your RAM, otherwise it collapses

moosa12
15th Nov 2006, 02:54
I don´t but it is very probable, cause if you check all the posts from different topics here, when people are describing these problems, they all have dual cores. Maybe you play the game only for an hour, try longer and you will join the club :rasp: :lol:

but personally I still think, the game is not optimized quite well and it just works when it uses your RAM, otherwise it collapses

Actually I played that game for more than 1 hour. 12 hours to be exact and it
does not give me the issues that you are having.
And I do have a dual core processor.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/552/smthpdnr6.jpg

As for your game to freeze, does your case have sufficient cooling?

daredevil
15th Nov 2006, 17:28
Actually I played that game for more than 1 hour. 12 hours to be exact and it
does not give me the issues that you are having.
And I do have a dual core processor.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/552/smthpdnr6.jpg

As for your game to freeze, does your case have sufficient cooling?

it does not freeze, it just slows down to very choppy movements, only half of a second freezes f.e. etc, it becomes unplayable and it certainly is not because of f.e. graphic card, many people if you read into forums witnessed the same problem, it really must be something in the game, i don´t want to say bad programming but i have a feeling it must be really something with cache memory, I do have 2 giga RAM and I do have also 512 Ram Graphic Card, it seems that the game has trouble of assigning

my cooling is OK, my case shows the temperature of the processor and it is 42 celsius during this game, other games pump up my processor temperature to f.e. 46 but 42 is average. 70 celsius would be problem, this is not the case

HiCZoK4
15th Nov 2006, 22:27
I have it also. i have:
sempron 2500
1x512 ram
x1600pro512mb
audigy se
new drivers - fresh winxpsp2 installation
it begins to be choppy after few minutes

mele
25th Nov 2006, 13:33
I have the same problem with Pentium IV HT.

Does Somebody try http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=5&searchText=&game=189&platform=3 ???

moosa12
25th Nov 2006, 19:25
I have the same problem with Pentium IV HT.

Does Somebody try http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=5&searchText=&game=189&platform=3 ???

This problem occurs because most of our games were not designed with dual processors in mind, therefore they cannot take advantage of dual processors. You will need to set the game to run on one processor:

wow!
What a way to push the problem to the end-user's side.
although most games are not designed with dual cores in mind, but
when is Just Cause made? It's probably designed when most
gamers already have dual core machines. by providing with that answer
it just shows Eidosgames does not take any sort of responsibilities or whats
so ever. :mad:

blakey83
25th Nov 2006, 21:14
well...i posted a comment the other week stating that i had cured all my problems with a complete overhaul of my system.
today i decided to have a good old blast for a few hours,and an hour into it,it started to slow down to a snails pace.
i now am convinced that there is a memory leek in the game and it isnt cache-ing memory properly.my opinion is that the game engine can not handle its self...and is realy a piss poor pc port.
cheerz eidos for screwing me out of my money....if there is no patch by the end of the year to fix the huge problems,i (and others)will start a god damn protest to boycott ur shody work.not only is this title a piss poor game,but ur also involved in screwing up the hitman games,tomb raider,and many other classics!
i dont realy want to hear any more pathetic excuses and antidotes to solving the game developers rushed title.
ok...i have let that off my chest....feel free to reply moderator/administrator.:mad: :mad: :mad:

peliROJO
15th Dec 2006, 07:08
This is the exact same problem I am having. After about 45 minutes of playing I get studders, very short rapid freezes lasting 1 or 2 seconds, then resumes normal play. The longer I stay in that game the more frequently it happens, to a point. I've always restarted the game after about 5 minutes of the studdering. Restarting the game gets rid of the studders. System resources peak at 900MB so it's not a system RAM cache issue.

My specs:
New (November 2006) Dell XPS M1710
T7200 Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz)
2GB 667MHz RAM
512MB Nvidia Geforce 7950GTX

More than enough to handle this game. I turned everything up and ran at 1280x1024 and had the problem. So, I turned down the world textures to medium and 1024x768 (game default) and I still have the problem.

sleeplessone
20th Dec 2006, 10:09
I have an old Amd athlon XP batron core 2800+
ATI X1600 pro
2 gig ram DDR
win xp sp2

and its not choppy on current drivers so far ATI catalyst 6.12

I it was a bit choppy , freezing for 1-2 seconds when i had drivers ATI catalyst 6.9

All i know is maybe sometimes its a driver issue, check motherboard (chipset drivers ) and graphics card drivers, unlikely sound issues will cause choppiness

I have a nice example for driver issue.

Alien vs Predator on the PC. to play that on an Nvidia Geforce FX 5900 xt card ( the graphics before this ATI ) i had to use drivers 71.xx as anthing from 8x.xx and later stopped the AvP game from starting properly .
You then end up with the lastest games like steampowered Counter Strike Source requiring the near lastest Nvidia drivers to run ( ie 8x.xx or 9x.xx )
and no patch will be made for the game AvP ... but i dont play it anymore :)

Another nice example , is EA and DICE with Battlefield 2 and 2142 , it seems with my ATI card and drivers from about 6.5 to current with BF2 version 1.3/1.4 and up and BF2142 since beta i have to run those games in windows XP SP2 on BelowNormalPriority from the tank manager because if do not , then i get input lag with the keyboard and mouse.

eg. press W to run forward and then release to stop i have to wait about 5 seconds before i actually stop. if run on Normal Priority.

I know i dont have to do this if i was using my Geforce FX 5900 XT in my system .. so why ?

Darklord666
2nd Jan 2007, 09:31
That is interesting. There is a thread in the geman support forum that sticks to this problem as well and it has 95 entries. Seems to be the biggest issue in Just cause. Also I hate this blaming on hardware nonsens to evade solving the problem **** . IT ISN'T AN ISSUE that only refers to dual core. I haven't got one and exact the same issue. In almost 99,998 % those kind of problems are caused by the program, assuming all drivers are up to date. Sometimes we're are suggested to downgrade drivers to avoid a problem. That's ridiculous.:(
But I zone out.
Fact is, a patch to eradicate this bug is absolutely necessary.

PS: It's most likely not a problem of bad caching or RAM usage.

fraggmatic
19th Feb 2007, 22:33
Same issue here. After about 60 to 90 minutes the game starts stuttering, with choppy framerate and sound, with basically a slide show. Shutting down and restarting the game fixes the issue for the next 60 minutes or so...All drivers are up to date. Same issue with or without the AMD DualCore Optimizer.