PDA

View Full Version : Wow. What a remarkably terrible ending.

Croc_52
12th Nov 2006, 01:07
I can't remember being so disappointed in a game's ending. Very poor. It's like they just ran out of money and ended the game with no conclusion. I can only hope that means there will be another installment. Even so, they could have ended it better.

Gamerking
12th Nov 2006, 01:27
Yeah life is like that....

RuumTaedor
12th Nov 2006, 01:28
Everyone is allowed their opinion, but I think you'll be in the minority with this issue. I have read many times on this forum that the ending was one of the best parts of Legend, and probably the best Lara scene I've seen (very emotional and intense :thumbsup:). Perhaps you could argue that Legend ended with no conclusion, but that means to me that the story will likely continue with TR8 :), and besides, Tomb Raiding never ends (I hope).

ditom
12th Nov 2006, 10:39
Everyone is allowed their opinion, but I think you'll be in the minority with this issue. I have read many times on this forum that the ending was one of the best parts of Legend, and probably the best Lara scene I've seen (very emotional and intense :thumbsup:). Perhaps you could argue that Legend ended with no conclusion, but that means to me that the story will likely continue with TR8 :), and besides, Tomb Raiding never ends (I hope).

Yes,me too. I want to play new Tomb Raider games 30 years later .

Treeble
12th Nov 2006, 14:38
I'd like to know what you thought of previous Tomb Raider games endings? Lara runs away while the island explodes; Lara runs away while the temple collapses; Lara kills a pilot, steals a chopper and flies away; the underground Lab explodes, Lara runs away and walks into darkness...

The Legend ending is probably the best in the series, closely followed by the Last Revelation one. IMO. :)

Headache
12th Nov 2006, 17:17
I'd like to know what you thought of previous Tomb Raider games endings? Lara runs away while the island explodes; Lara runs away while the temple collapses; Lara kills a pilot, steals a chopper and flies away; the underground Lab explodes, Lara runs away and walks into darkness...

The Legend ending is probably the best in the series, closely followed by the Last Revelation one. IMO. :)
Hear hear.
Legend had one of the best endings I've ever seen in Tomb Raiding history.

LaraGirl216
13th Nov 2006, 06:53
Yeah I agree! :)

digifan
13th Nov 2006, 18:35
I second the motion. The ending to Legend leave plenty of room open for future adventures while answering some of the questions left over from the first six games. It could be consider as the seventh game if you wanna count AoD as part of Lara's background. I see this game as the prelude to filling out Lara's family history and how strong her father on her upbringing had become. Who knows? Maybe we will see some of Lara's old flame coming back into the spotlight. After all she's one hot chick. :thumbsup:

Mleps
13th Nov 2006, 23:46
I loved the ending! expecially since the technology is getting better with games these days, lara has more emotion, and it makes the games better i believe.:thumbsup: Of course the old games are amazing, but im REALLY excited for the next installment, and i really hope they just continue the story line, it seems like they will.:D

TheBlob
2nd Jan 2007, 23:20
I can't remember being so disappointed in a game's ending. Very poor. It's like they just ran out of money and ended the game with no conclusion. I can only hope that means there will be another installment. Even so, they could have ended it better.

I hope so.....After defeating Amanda, when i heard the music theme during the cinematic, i was like no....no....that can't be the end....not yet....and the credits popped-in. Very poor ending, indeed.

This is a great game, but really too short, and with a bad ending.....2 or 3 more levels would have been great.

Astara
3rd Jan 2007, 02:02
I hope so.....After defeating Amanda, when i heard the music theme during the cinematic, i was like no....no....that can't be the end....not yet....and the credits popped-in. Very poor ending, indeed.

This is a great game, but really too short, and with a bad ending.....2 or 3 more levels would have been great.

----
What do you mean by "poor" or "disappointing"? I mean what would have made it "better"? Other than "length", which has been hashed and thrashed (apparently) beyond measure. It may not be a "valid" comparison, but a movie like the original tomb raider wasn't very involved in story line, yet was a fabulous hit. Basically she:

1) start in mansion where lara in "practice room"; finds key in clock;
2) house invaded by outsiders to steal key;
3) went to some asian temple to get another key-part where statues came alive; escaped;
-- So far we have a story fragment that is not nearly as complex as the Ghana level in TRL.
Then...
4) went to meteor crater in siberia to place key in position;
5) fight for key, lara activates key; lara tempted with key-power; re-meets father, resolves internal issues... so she can overcome temptation and destroy key
6) kill badguy; escape meteor crater, and back to mansion;
(unlockable:) gets new outfit: dress :) ...which doesn't last too long as movie fades with her being interested in a new challenge in the "practice room".
-- This 2nd part was about as long as the Nepal segment in TRL, I'd estimate.

And that was it. :eek: Seems like the first movie was less than 2 levels of TRL. Although TRL managed to tell the story of what happened to Lara's mother and take us through Lara's task of collecting sword fragments to find that answer, in typical "serial" style, it left the ending open for a sequel.

So how should TRL have ended? Or what would have made it "good"?

A*a

Terminatorvs
3rd Jan 2007, 07:23
The ending is great! Very emotional. The fact that the story is not finished means there will be a sequel. There are lots of games with sequels, you know.