PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay and Movement.

Dragu Slave
9th Nov 2006, 19:04
So how is it gonna be this time?

I really hope it's Legend's. No Grid and block structure I mean. Legend's gameplay was just so fluid and free, that your number one priority is to have fun instead of having to be precise 100% all the time.

How will it be? I hope it's not back to the grid just because it's a remake.

Treeble
9th Nov 2006, 20:06
No grid. It's based on an improved Legend engine. (thank god!) :)

ditom
9th Nov 2006, 22:09
No grid. It's based on an improved Legend engine. (thank god!) :)

Yeah. Legend movement is the best.

Terminatorvs
13th Nov 2006, 21:37
I doubt, that the grid system and the old controls will be back. They're simply too old for modern day games.

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Nov 2006, 10:17
... having to be precise 100% all the time.

I actually liked that part. :)

Dragu Slave
17th Nov 2006, 19:56
I doubt, that the grid system and the old controls will be back. They're simply too old for modern day games.

Believe it or not, some people actually want it back.

Many of us have seen the Core leaked trailer of TR:A, and it looked awful. The colors were dull, the venues were block structured, Lara moved like a sausage, and it looked grid based.

Core fans say that it looks better than Legend...:nut:

I got nothing against the classics but a game with those controls nowadays, it's just a death warrant for the series.

Treeble
17th Nov 2006, 20:16
Believe it or not, some people actually want it back.

I got nothing against the classics but a game with those controls nowadays, it's just a death warrant for the series.

Some people have a twisted idea of the grid. Just because some of the old-grid-based games were good, they have the idea any game using the grid is going to be good. Which is wrong to presume.

As wrong as presuming any grid-free game is going to be a great game. Both have their pros and cons, but I think the grid-free games offer a really good and dynamic gameplay flow, something you can't achieve with the grid and tank-like controls.

tgard
25th May 2007, 20:13
You can`t beat the movement`s of the first 5 game`s.It made the game i can`t get used to the fluid movement of lara in legend It just doe`s not feel right.:eek:

SquadraCorse
25th May 2007, 23:13
I haven't seen anybody ask for the grid style levels back - what I have seen is people asking for an OPTION to lock the camera behind Lara and an OPTION to have the A & D keys strafe left & right instead of turning left & right. Neither of these options would change the gameplay at all for those of you who like the TRL style camera & controls. They would allow those of us who prefer the old style controls to enjoy the game much more but apparently Eidos doesn't care what we think.

It doesn't really matter now because the demo has exactly the same controls as Legend, meaning they've lost 3 sales at my house already.

You guys have fun tho - it looks like it will be a great game for people that like gamepads.

SC

lara-supreme
25th May 2007, 23:38
Okay I do not know if this is the proper thread to ask this in, but I saw movement and gameplay, so I hope someone can help. These movements look like Legend, and for the life of me I just could not get the gameplay down. I am so spoiled by the old TR moves. I can't flip backwards, sideways anything. Is that even possible. Can you walk with the guns in hand. I am trying to make sense of controls but I do not get it.