PDA

View Full Version : Battlestation versus Pacific storm

gogol
4th Nov 2006, 21:57
What is better what is worst ?
what are the main differences between both ?
i tried Pacific Storm Demo and it looks great.

will battlestaton also provide Strategic/Operational and Tactic scales ?

chip5541
5th Nov 2006, 08:56
Since Battlestations: Midway hasn't even come out yet a comparison wouldnt be possible. I have Pacific Storm and find it enjoyable but I also have no doubt that Battlestations: Midway will also be just as enjoyable and have no problem owning both... errr all 3 really because BM on the 360 in high deff just looks awsome.

USS Massachusetts
11th Nov 2006, 02:11
Battlestations Midway focuses on Real Time Strategy. Using only the units given to you. This game is based on historical accuracy down to every last detail.

Pacifc Storm is a hybrid version. It's more of building up your forces and researching new weapons such as jets and nuclear bombs. Many say Pacific Storm is frustrating and a bit overwhelming.

But I know Battlestations Midway will be perfect. I've been tracking this game for 2-3 years. And the team has done a phenomonal job of keeping true to history and making the game look oustanding.:)

Beastttt
17th Nov 2006, 23:24
ok then lets hope the webperson got it wrong when they did the war machines page here

http://www.battlestations.net/war-machines/?id=3

both Conway'sAll the worlds fighting ships 1922-1946 and Fighting steel(the 1999 computer game list the Fletcher with 2 banks of 5 21" torpedoes not 6

Battlestations Midway focuses on Real Time Strategy. Using only the units given to you. This game is based on historical accuracy down to every last detail.

Pacifc Storm is a hybrid version. It's more of building up your forces and researching new weapons such as jets and nuclear bombs. Many say Pacific Storm is frustrating and a bit overwhelming.

But I know Battlestations Midway will be perfect. I've been tracking this game for 2-3 years. And the team has done a phenomonal job of keeping true to history and making the game look oustanding.:)

princecaspian4
18th Nov 2006, 00:44
your right, i just looked it up on Wikipedia and the fletcher has 10 torps split between 2 launchers (the 2 launchers have 5 each)

Beastttt
18th Nov 2006, 01:07
I'm hoping this game will play somewhat like fighting steel
FS at first could only handle 20 ships total and only went to 42 after the guys from NWS started modding it they have tweaked the game to have close to 50 ships in play and have added ships galore adding Italians,french,russian,dutch over the 4 that it started with and also adding later ships up to 1945

FS is a good game but limited to surface combat only and the graphics are from the late 90's

Battle stations looks to add subs,and aircraft and land over FS and graphics that are photo realistic not bad for 7yrs of inovation

now if I can only get the screen saver to work
keep getting cannot find "swflash.ocx

Keir
20th Nov 2006, 10:50
now if I can only get the screen saver to work
keep getting cannot find "swflash.ocx

Hey Beastttt, I've got it on my computer in the office :)

When does the error occur? Have you managed to download the file? Which version of Flash player are you running?

chip5541
20th Nov 2006, 11:02
I know that flashplayer 5.0 had an issue but was corrected for 6.0 and later.

Here is the link for 9.0 http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash if you don't have it. See if that helps.

Beastttt
20th Nov 2006, 12:29
flash 9.0 still no joy

Keir
20th Nov 2006, 14:02
flash 9.0 still no joy

Hmm, that's odd. When exactly does the message occur? Which OS have you got? Could you provide any other info (I'll pass it onto the web guys, just in case this happens to others)?

Thanks.

chip5541
20th Nov 2006, 16:39
Try this screensaver http://www.speedyshare.com/966432539.html

See if that works.

Keir
20th Nov 2006, 17:11
I had a word with the web guys, and one of them had a suggestion. Here's what they said:

An ocx file is used by activeX, and both are Microsoft products. Have you only ever ever installed Flash through a non-MS browser, or are you running a non-MS operating system?

In the case of the former, try running the Flash online installer found on the adobe website using IE. In the latter case it's a bit hit and miss as the installer is untested on Mac or Linux platforms.

I hope that helps.

Beastttt
20th Nov 2006, 23:24
it got dl'ed by the Yahoo browser
trying the speedy share first to see if that works
that got it just fine

chip5541
21st Nov 2006, 05:12
That was one I threw together. It is not the official one.

BTW. Like the music I added?

Beastttt
21st Nov 2006, 06:20
yes very much

chip5541
22nd Nov 2006, 10:26
Since we already have a question on the official screen saver; is there a way of reducing the resolution? It seems to be set at 1280 x 720 but my screen resolution is 1024 x 768 and it is cutting a portion of the screensaver off.