PDA

View Full Version : Low long did you play TRL ?

ditom
4th Nov 2006, 21:33
I've completed this game in seven hours :mad:

jwanleo
4th Nov 2006, 21:42
I finish it in 14 h.35 m.45 s;)

Headache
4th Nov 2006, 21:45
5 hours.
But that's without getting up, and playing non-stop.

invader
5th Nov 2006, 05:25
It took me, according to the game counter about 40 hours, because I am pretty bad at finding secrets, and I just play games in my little spare time.

The game is quite straightfoward and Lara has only 8 levels (some are too short), so it is no surprise one finishes fast once he or she knows exactly what to do, that is to say, when you are playing a sencond time or is following a walkthru.

I can see that playing it so fast may be disapointing, but it depends on how you get involved in the game (do you want to find all secrets, explore the sites, kill all enemies, use only the pistols?, etc) I mean, there are many ways of making the game more chalenging. I like the time trial challange tho it makes feel like this :mad2: sometimes LOL

Anyway I think the game is great but it should have more levels. On the other hand, with all new stuff it would take a lot of your hardrive. Well not a big trouble, but since this game has a, say, "console appeal", two or three DVDs might not be a good idea.

Terminatorvs
5th Nov 2006, 10:29
The first time I played the game, it took me 8 hours to complete it. And it was another 7 to find all the secrets and complete the time trials.

Johnny
5th Nov 2006, 13:44
I completed TRL in a few days, including time trials and rewards. :)

LaraGirl216
5th Nov 2006, 19:27
It took me 6 weeks.:(

But I am very busy and am not a Tombraideralholic

shirl123
5th Nov 2006, 22:19
3 weeks on-and-off (I finished this game with 100%). and I had a very busy period at my work at the same time.

Astara
14th Nov 2006, 20:14
First game, beginner level difficulty, trying to find treasures as going through game & using Stella's walkthroughs -- yeah, that's right -- 50+ hours following the walkthroughs.

Of course the 2nd motorcycle ride was about 2 hours of game play -- took forever for the end point to appear -- Once I found the place to ride along side of train -- I locked on the "forward" key, and started a timer.

She went for 35 minutes before finally hitting something that caused her to veer off the track next to the train (immediately adjacent to train) and die. This was timed on an external kitchen timer. That's a LONG time to go through one section with no advance. Some think there is a bug in this section as it seems to go on forever -- so I was prepared for a long duration session -- but after about 2 hours of game play, it finally let me progress.

Didn't use any pre-saved games, but without a walk-through, I would likely have given up playing the game -- too boring to determine random permutations decided on by game designers -- too little of the game is "hinted" at -- it's not so much a game of skill, but laborious, exhaustively going through all the permutations of untried options until the "correct", arbitrary choice of the game designer is uncovered -- this is especially true for uncovering secrets. But with the walkthroughs, the game was mostly fun enough to want to try future editions -- but will likely need a faster machine -- 1.6GHz is pushing at the low end for full graphics in 1600x1200 mode.

A

ladylinnycroft
16th Nov 2006, 20:36
first time 6 hours straight....then after that until my eyes fell out

Treeble
16th Nov 2006, 22:18
^ LOL and ditto. I still play it to this day, though I have to admit - after having watched the game running on a Xbox 360 during a TV show I think the PS2 version is sloppy. But I still play it, so there. :P I never got that feeling from watching snippets on the computer, maybe because they weren't full screen. Go figure.

I'll also play it to death on the GameCube as soon as it reaches my home. :D :thumbsup:

tombraider1best
16th Jul 2008, 19:34
100% 2AND1/2 WEEKS CAUSE ON MY BIRTHDAY I WAS IN HOSPITAL SO WHEN I GOT THE TRESSSURE GUIDE WS OUT HE HEHEEEE AT LEAST I DIDN'T ASK THE FORUMS LIKE OTHER DUMMIES

lilhanhan
16th Jul 2008, 19:40
I completed it in 17 hours with 100% and to be honest most of that time was spent messing around with the cheats ;) :(

hyrule12
25th Jul 2008, 21:44
...i generally dont like to talk about this because my first time playing it took me 7 hours and i thought it was very epic with the ending, i was waiting for zip to patch through and say he found somewhere else but i saw the credits and i was all frustrated cause it was so easy and short compared to 2 and 3 which i have nt beaten w/o cheats yet...

tombraidergal
27th Jul 2008, 07:44
i dont know, i was new to tr when i got legend, i didn't kow what to do in some places, levels like Japan i couldn't get anywhere coz of the bit where you are on the bike on the roof, well not that bit but where you have to open the roof glass thingy, i didnt know you could then i randomly threw the grapple and i clipped on and i was like yey so i pulled it open, it took me about... 1 month, but that is only coz am new to tr and i was finding it hard, lol. especially the sea monster. i had it p
on ps2 but then we sold the ps2 so we got xbox 360 and i got it on that, but if you are counting the rewards and stuff, it took me about 2 years coz i woz on and off it with getting rewards. lol. especially when anniversary came out i abandoned legend but now i like both games, i haven't comnpleted anniversary with the rewards but i've completed the story, i only have to find one in the obelisk of khamoon, i have found the rewards in the top of the room with the four mummies in it, and in the small opening in the same room, i also found one with one mummie at the bottom, but the reward was undearneath a part where you grapple so you have to let go of the grapple and get it. i dont think i have any others. can someone tell me????

aLadyMayCry
14th Aug 2008, 14:44
Umh.. don't know. It didn't take me more then about 8 or 6 hours to complete the story, and not so long time for the timetrials either- but it took me long time to find all rewards.
I don't know the exactly time , but maybe around 15 hours or something like that?

(sorry if my english is bad xD )

Rexie
14th Aug 2008, 17:57
60+ hours, but now I have uninstalled it (it took too much space!) I can't check excactly =/

oh, and if you wonder, it took me under a day to complete the game, but I messed around with cheats and mods =/

ditom
14th Aug 2008, 19:56
I hope that TRU will be much longgggggggger.

_Tomb_Raider_
17th Aug 2008, 18:38
15 hours to finish game!

45 hourse to finish game 100%!

caiounder
17th Aug 2008, 18:50
4 hours to complete the game without the croft manor and 6 with the croft manor!
:D

i4me
17th Aug 2008, 19:52
At first like 2 days then my second time around..........12 hrs. 30 somewhat min. and who cares seconds

danitiwa
17th Aug 2008, 23:22
First time it took me like 3 days on easy. Then it got easier and I beat it in about 12 hours.

comparing to TR5 which took me about a month to finish.

The rest (Excluding AOD and TRA) I've never actually finished. :O I know, shamefull. I always get caught near the end and lose interest. I really need to get around to finishing all TR's.

UNDERWORLD16
17th Aug 2008, 23:27
well it took me three days because i wanted to get every secret

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
17th Aug 2008, 23:49
i took my time and finished it in about four days. i really wanted to enjoy the game, and i was satisfied when i finished. :D :D :) :D :)