PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problem. Who will "man up" and accept responsibility??

Croc_52
1st Nov 2006, 05:59
Why will no one man up and accept responsibility for the world-wide sound issues with this game? I know it's not a Creative Labs issue... I have a dozen recent games that run fine with my SB Live 24. I have tried a dozen different drivers for my card but no difference. It is OBVIOUSLY a flaw in the game itself. There are thousands of hits on the web with people having the exact same problem..... Developers.... please fix this, it is YOUR problem. Actually, I guess now that you've sold millions of copies of the game you have no reason to care but at least man up and admit that. If you look back at the TR history there have always been problems with each release. Almost exclusively the problem has been the interface which, in the case of Dark Angel, has rendered the game almost unbearable. Now they finally get the interface right ( credit where credit is due... this interface rocks compared to previous TR games! ) and they phukk up on something as simple as the sound. Unbelievable!

Gamerking
1st Nov 2006, 06:53
Uh tried the newest patch....?

Croc_52
2nd Nov 2006, 06:40
Yes, Gamerking. Please don't be condescending LOL. I've installed the latest patch, I have the latest Direct-X, latest drivers for every aspect of my system including the intel chipset, my system config is:

Asus P5GD1 mobo
Intel P4 3.4 GHz
2GB Ram
nVidia 6800GT 256MB
SoundBlaster Live! 24 Bit

Not a slouch of a system. I have tried a number of different sound drivers from both Creative and a couple of after-market developers.

No matter what I try I get the same crackling/stuttering many thousands of people are experiencing as well. The only way to get it to stop is to turn audio acceleration completely off but then you lose 5.1 sound.... I don't find this acceptable.

With the amount of money I spend on my system, the amount of money I spend on games and the amount of money I've spent on Eidos games over the years I expect a little better product support than I'm seeing here. That's not unreasonable, especially since this problem is so pandemic.

Thanks.

Gamerking
2nd Nov 2006, 08:12
Mmmm sure the speakers are turned on? :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Sorry to hear about your problem, sorry.

Croc_52
2nd Nov 2006, 09:17
Oh..... dang! No one told me the speakers actually had to be ON for the game to work! Wow, that solves all my problems. LOL!!!!!

You made me laugh, Gamerking. Very funny.

And, to be accurate, it's not just my problem. As I have stated in my previous posts this is affecting a very large number of people.

All I'm looking for is the developers to say 1) "Ya, we recognize the problem and will fix it." OR 2) "Ya, we recognize the problem but we've already made all our money so get lost." as opposed to just ignoring it as they have been up to now.

Thanks.

Gamerking
2nd Nov 2006, 21:26
Well my best advice would to go into your computer BIOS and disable your sound card, plug the speakers into your other ports. It may be a sacrifice but at least then it will all work.