PDA

View Full Version : An Anniversary edition TR... with level editor perchance?

dhama
30th Oct 2006, 11:04
Well since you are listening to TR fans Eidos.... are we any closer to getting an up to date level editor? Would be very nice.... I get more enjoyment making them than playing them, and although a new editor would be quite complicated, I would like one all the same. :cool:

Thank you for listening. :)

aussie500
30th Oct 2006, 13:57
Considering the price of the software they use these days, l would think we would never be able to afford it, even if we could work out how to use it

dhama
30th Oct 2006, 15:21
Considering the price of the software they use these days, l would think we would never be able to afford it, even if we could work out how to use it

That's not true, I have many games that have map editors included with them and although they take a long time to create new maps, it's not impossible. And I don't need other software to make them.

I would rather make TR levels and not HalfLife/Doom or Unreal levels.

Maybe it would be difficult for you, but my enjoyment of games comes from creating them.

I want to make new maps... not create entire games. :)

kksmith
31st Oct 2006, 17:59
Half-life and Doom are not NEARLY the same thing as Tomb Raider. There is much more involved in designing a Tomb Raider level than just placing terrain.

Terminatorvs
31st Oct 2006, 19:34
Well, yeah, I would like a TREditor, even though I only designed maps for "UT2003" and "UT2004".

Sorin
31st Oct 2006, 20:21
A level editor would be nice. Especially if it was usable on TRL too, since TRA is based on the Legend engine. A level editor would breathe so much more life into Legend. Despite the official game being so short, fanmade levels could keep people entertained for a long, long time afterwards.

ditom
31st Oct 2006, 20:46
A level editor would be nice. Especially if it was usable on TRL too, since TRA is based on the Legend engine. A level editor would breathe so much more life into Legend. Despite the official game being so short, fanmade levels could keep people entertained for a long, long time afterwards.

This is good idea.TRL was too short and I want to play Legend more!!!:mad2:

dhama
31st Oct 2006, 23:54

Now you are talking ... :thumbsup: