PDA

View Full Version : why is the trailer illigale?

Zelda Master
29th Oct 2006, 11:26
i once saw the TR1 remake trailer from Core design and just a few hours or day later cant remember exactly the trailer was made illigale... But i was just wondering why, i mean its just a trailer:confused:

dhama
29th Oct 2006, 12:00
Because Eidos made it so. That's all you really need to know. :)

ambrosia
29th Oct 2006, 13:46
Because Eidos made it so. That's all you really need to know. :)

hehe

Zelda - Eidos did not give permission for the trailer to be released to the public and there is a rumor going around that Core Design was never supposed to be re-making TR1.

voltz
29th Oct 2006, 14:15
Try google. Maybe you'll get lucky.

aussie500
30th Oct 2006, 05:00
It was not an officially released trailer, but a leaked version of an internal presentation. It was never meant to be seen by the public, and Eidos did not want people to see it so did their best to kill it

voltz
1st Nov 2006, 00:30
It's known, it's too late, more people will find it eventually...

dhama
1st Nov 2006, 23:20

Maybe they can, but no one can post a link here, so theres really no point in discussing it. I'm sure Eidos will release an official trailer just as soon one is available.

Headache
1st Nov 2006, 23:23
Unless it's deleted. But Im not going to search for it frantically.
I don't want the surprise to be spoiled, and one screen is enough for me :D

aussie500
2nd Nov 2006, 03:49
Well the trailer and the screenshot are from 2 different games, so l do not know how watching one could spoil the other, l am sure the Crystal Dynamics game will be just as good as the Core Design game would have been

Headache
2nd Nov 2006, 16:25
Well the trailer and the screenshot are from 2 different games, so l do not know how watching one could spoil the other, l am sure the Crystal Dynamics game will be just as good as the Core Design game would have been
<.<
I didn't realize that.
(Let me re-phrase)I still don't want to see anything else that might be realated to the AE.

Dragu Slave
17th Nov 2006, 20:00
<.<
I didn't realize that.
(Let me re-phrase)I still don't want to see anything else that might be realated to the AE.

The screenshot released by Crystal is 10 times better than Core's trailer. I'm so very glad the project got canceled. I don't want Core anywhere near TR again.

I was terrified when I found out that Core were working on TR:A but when it was canceled and handed to Crystal, I was waaaaaay relieved.

aussie500
18th Nov 2006, 07:33
Well it was not precisely cancelled and handed to Crystal Dynamics, Crystal Dynamics were already working on their version, and Eidos it seems was not aware they had two studios working on similiar games, when they worked it out they chose which they thought would sell better, or at least l assume that was the criteria they used

Zelda Master
19th Nov 2006, 12:07
The screenshot released by Crystal is 10 times better than Core's trailer. I'm so very glad the project got canceled. I don't want Core anywhere near TR again.

I was terrified when I found out that Core were working on TR:A but when it was canceled and handed to Crystal, I was waaaaaay relieved.

okej dont know how you like the screenshot more, it doesn't show a thing:lol:

Dragu Slave
19th Nov 2006, 12:30
okej dont know how you like the screenshot more, it doesn't show a thing:lol:

The little shown from that screenshot, we kinda saw the way Lara walks. Like a human not a statue and no more block structure, not to mention the lighting effects and the realistic shape of Lara's body. Rumor has it that Core ripped everything from the original and just updated graphics.

Not hot.

Advent-Lara
20th Nov 2006, 21:25
I'm so happy i got the chance to watch it :) i really liked the shooting on 2 enemies on the same time thing :D i think ill be loving it so much when i play it XD:lol:

Treeble
20th Nov 2006, 21:50
You won't play the game you saw. That game has been canceled.

Dragu Slave
20th Nov 2006, 21:56
You won't play the game you saw. That game has been canceled.

Thank god. It looked awful. Why would they release a grid based game in 2007...

Headache
21st Nov 2006, 01:00
Why would they release a grid based game in 2007...
Old habits.... v:confused:v