PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy on PSN and Vita

Crow
26th Jul 2012, 18:32
I can't afford to get a ps Vita because I have too many other things I have to spend my little amount of money on. I hope Square Enix doesn't release any FFs on PS vita, because I would miss out on all of them. As it is I can't play FF 13 or FF 13-2 because I don't have a PS3. Why can't companies stop making upgraded consoles? We've reached perfection in Gaming! If people from the 1970s saw this they'd slap themselves out of this dream.
Please No FFs for PSV. Keep them on PSP, or at least make the games on UMD's like PSPs rather than those data sticks.

FantasyCross
26th Jul 2012, 18:52
I can't afford to get a ps Vita because I have too many other things I have to spend my little amount of money on. I hope Square Enix doesn't release any FFs on PS vita, because I would miss out on all of them. As it is I can't play FF 13 or FF 13-2 because I don't have a PS3. Why can't companies stop making upgraded consoles? We've reached perfection in Gaming! If people from the 1970s saw this they'd slap themselves out of this dream.
Please No FFs for PSV. Keep them on PSP, or at least make the games on UMD's like PSPs rather than those data sticks.

In truth they may have to put them on PSVitas cause for gameing and video game companies they have to make something new for other consules too but I know how you feel about some of games on different consules but they have to do what they are told to do.

vitornavarrete
26th Jul 2012, 19:10
With a new console comes new tools. That way develepors can have new ideas and start fresh. Consoles aren't like computers, when you update your Video/Sound card and there you go. Consoles usually are inovative. Vita has all that gimicks: touch screen, touch-sensible rear, giroscope etc etc. If Vita keeps with his growing sales (a long way to go it, but possible) SE is bound to release titles to it. FF X HD is already schedule and there been coments on FF type-0.

Unfortunately you can forget your PSP. It was never strong here in west and Sony already gave up. Proof is, there has been no talk about Type-0. And Sony made us a favor of no retrocompability, what makes it worse. So, you can ask or even beg, there will be no use. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft need to make new consoles for cash, basically. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 2 is bound to show on Vita, sometime after KH3 (I would guess late 2016 in Japan).

And, hey, there is a talking about a 99 PS3 somewhere in the near future. Save up your coins.

member_10628951
26th Jul 2012, 19:11
That is very limiting creative wise. Creative people always want to bigger and better things and sometimes old consoles cannot perform up to par with what devs want. This has been by far the longest we have gone without new consoles coming out. I have a PSV and it's awesome and I do hope they put games onto it. It's a fantastic system and I would live to see Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games on it.

I understand where your coming from but honestly your lagging behind and that's not the console makers nor the devs fault or problem. In order for our industry to grow, technology must advance. If we didn't advance we would have never got PS1 era games like VII, VIII and IX or moved on to PS2 and played games like X and XII.

What I am trying to say is perfection is never reached. There is always something that could've been better or could have been tweaked a little better for better gameplay. Technology will never stop advancing. People 10 years ago thought "we can't possibly get better graphics than PS2 or Xbox" and yet when PS3 and 360 came out they blew us away. Technology can always get better.

Here is what I recommend for you. Get a good job and start saving up. If you want to play everything then get everything. There are always hard choices between consoles but use your best judgement and go with that. Just because you don't have something doesn't mean they shouldn't make something for that. Other people do want to see Square make games for Vita. It would very selfish of you to say "don't make games for those guys because I dont have that. So if I can't have it no one should."

See how selfish that sounds..

member_10829610
26th Jul 2012, 23:43

That comment comes across as selfish.

Perhaps the biggest gripe with some Vita owners is the supposed lack of games and/or support.

If there was a FF Vita game in consideration, your best bet is to save up for one.

cky182dude
27th Jul 2012, 00:03
I always though the PSP was genius. I have one, and so do all of my friends here in VA. We all have a bunch of games for it and we all still play them, I always thought the PSP was better than the ds in multiple ways. It's just that Nintendo advertised their system so much more than Sony. Also if you can remember when the PSP first came out, it took FOREVER for them to make any good games on it. That's why I think a lot of people gave up on it. But the truth is that the PSP was amazing and still is. Those of you who have played Dissidia, Valkyria Chronicles 2, God of War, Monster Hunter, Crisis Core, and many other titles will agree with me. I wish many games that were exclusive to japan would come out here cause I'd buy a bunch of them.

PSVITA is awesome as well, it needs better titles but it will get there. I haven't purchased one yet but it's on my list for things that I want. I would love to see a Final Fantasy on it, and I would also love to see maybe a kingdom hearts. Christmas is right around the corner, ask for one. I'm 24 so I doubt I could ask for one and get away with getting it, so I'll more than likely just have to purchase one myself with one of my paychecks, but make sure you get one, buy games for it, support it, so that we can get all the great titles here in the US too.

shigeru_mid
27th Jul 2012, 00:47
Technology will keep on moving forward and there's nothing we can do about it. I love the PSP as much as you do, and we're on the same page with not having enough money to buy a Vita, but it'll eventually get price drops. This sounds corny, but just keep on doing "quests" and earn "gil" and exp. You'll eventually "level up" your console.

Another option is to learn Japanese. It'll multiply the games you can play tenfold. It's not as easy as collecting Al Bhed Primers though. (Pardon my lame references)

Azure
27th Jul 2012, 07:29
Yeah , I can see Vita will have more better FFs or games in the future just like PSP get more good game than PS3 . I am going to get a Vita soon

Asuha
27th Aug 2012, 23:12
You have to transfer from your PS3, but the following can now be played on Vita:

Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics

Enjoy.

member_10829610
27th Aug 2012, 23:40
This is fantastic news. Too bad for US Vita-only owners though (including myself http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif). The library will get better though, so I can't complain.

Asuha
27th Aug 2012, 23:45
FFVII should be on the store front tomorrow. Hopefully along with more.

member_10628951
28th Aug 2012, 01:38
VII being transferred to Vita as we speak. Next up is VIII. This should make my 19 hour drive to Seattle a little more bearable.

member_10628951
28th Aug 2012, 01:48
Wait...

I can't play V on my vita. Crap. I only have V, VII and VIII downloaded....

Eh at least the got the important ones. ^_^

member_10628951
28th Aug 2012, 01:55
I gotta say VII just plays, looks and feels right on the Vita. The OLED screen really makes the colors pop and it looks less pixelated on the Vita's screen. I must say I think I will play all old school Final Fantasy games on my Vita. If Type-0 makes it on Vita I know it will look just fantastic. Make it happen Square. The Vita is a great handheld (the best handheld I have ever owned) it just needs the hit software (although I think wipeout 2048, Blazblue and Gravity Rush are some of the best handheld games I have ever played). Just make the software and the fans will come.

A lot of my friends are just waiting for Square, Capcom or one of the other big RPG makers to make a great game and they are all on board. Come on Square. You can make it happen. The first game to hit big hits really big and moves tons of software!

Tsuko85
23rd Dec 2012, 18:18
Please add the PSP versions of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II to the NA PSN Store with Vita compatibility

member_10012381
23rd Dec 2012, 21:22
Final Fantasy Origins, which contains both Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II, are on PSN.

member_10416696
25th Dec 2012, 12:05
Yea i know but the PSP versions have the bonus dungeons

member_10416696
25th Dec 2012, 12:07
And the PSP versions don't use the old magic level system from the NES version

gprime101
30th Jan 2013, 12:40
Just a quick "yes, please" to this request. I've got origins, but I'd really like to be able to play the 20th Anniverssary editions on my Vita, too.

I've never quite understood why they're available on other regions' PSN Stores, but not here in North America.

moooka
30th Jan 2013, 16:49
Although I have them on iPad (which are based on the PSP remakes), I think all PSP games should be available for digital download. So many games are missing like Crisis Core and Star Ocean.

Thamauturge
1st Feb 2013, 22:16
Square is the worst troll ever for PSN releases. They make sure that the best games that they made are not added to PSN so Vita users are left at a dead end unless they have the Uno exploit.

Final Fantasy I

Final Fantasy II

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Stop being stupid and add them to PSN SE. Especially since FFI and FFII PSP are ALREADY ON THE EUROPEAN STORE

member_10198928
3rd Mar 2013, 16:18
I bought my vita when the system first launched. I bought a couple of games for it but have since traded in all of them. Its an amazing piece of hardware, just not really interested in its current game line up. I have been hoping/waiting for an eventual Type 0 vita release. Well I found something to keep me busy in the meantime. I bought a Ps3 memory card adapter and transferred my original Playstation save files to my PS3. From there I transferred my save files onto my vita. After organizing these files in the vita's memory slots, I went ahead and bought every Final Fantasy game on the PSN.

The Result: I have FF1-FF9* on my vita matched with their save files that date as far back as 16 YEARS AGO! I turned my vita into a classic Final Fantasy machine and couldn't be happier. Hope this posts motivates some people to attempt the same. Anyone else done this yet?

*Except for FFV, for some reason its not available on the vita but yet its on PSN....Anyone know a tricky way to get in on the vita? Heard it could be done.

new_tradition
3rd Mar 2013, 23:24
Interesting. I didn't know old save files could be used for the PSN downloads. I don't have a Vita yet, but I wonder if I could achieve the same with my PSP?

(Then again, I still have all my physical game copies of FF, which thus far have worked, so I'm good, lol)

Though I didn't know about the FF sale for NA until it was too late-I ended up buying the EU version of FFIX, so my old FFIX save data I still have won't work on it D:

Thamauturge
29th Mar 2013, 10:00
Its really a huge shame that these two games were two of the all time greatest PSP games and they are not available for Vita owners. I loved my PSP for six years but its finally kicking out on me, and I upgraded to a Vita. It would be perfect if these two games were on PSN. It is definitely able to be ran on the Vita too because I am using the UNO exploit to play them right now, which is awesome, but it keeps me at firmware 2.02 which is really bad. I would rebuy them in a heartbeat!

FatSqueek
29th Mar 2013, 10:54
If you like them so much, play them on the PSP. Vita can have new games. Are we done here?

thefixer
29th Mar 2013, 11:35
I got the majority of Final Fantasy 1,2,3,4,6,7 Dissidia Games except for Dissidia 012 FF8,FF9 And both FF Tactics and Crisis Core. I want Crisis Core Myself and Type-O if they decide to release to Crisis Core to Vita that would be a smart move for the ones that don't have it. I heard rumors that Logitech were going to develop a UMD reader for the vita but not out there. Japan seems to be ahead of the curve with Playstation Gear The Nasne to record videos off. But honestly release it already for PSVita Square you can make money and I can quit complaining.

Thamauturge
29th Mar 2013, 21:07
I got the majority of Final Fantasy 1,2,3,4,6,7 Dissidia Games except for Dissidia 012 FF8,FF9 And both FF Tactics and Crisis Core. I want Crisis Core Myself and Type-O if they decide to release to Crisis Core to Vita that would be a smart move for the ones that don't have it. I heard rumors that Logitech were going to develop a UMD reader for the vita but not out there. Japan seems to be ahead of the curve with Playstation Gear The Nasne to record videos off. But honestly release it already for PSVita Square you can make money and I can quit complaining.

Yeah, genius, great idea. Turn on my six year old PSP with no R Button, a broken analogue stick, and a huge scratch on the screen just to play Crisis Core and BBS, even though the Vita is 100% capable of doing so. I'd much rather play it on the amazing Vita screen with double analogues (with no exploits required... I'm using an exploit right now to play those games but it makes me not be able to update my firmware)

khatglz
8th Jun 2013, 08:31
whos with me? xD come on people come to think of it.. its been ages square enix release a epic momentum of final fantasy..
"i want to dare square enix to create. "make" a new tittle for ps vita.. like RPG!! oh yeah youre reading it! not hearing it noob!
as we know they release a big tittle before in psp like ff crisis core and dissidia but "those tittle has not been sold very well in NA or in japan maybe"
BECAUSE? psp has been hacked! thats why... i think square enix has a phobia making a new tittle in handheld like in psp thats not sold very well in NA!
psp has been hacked before.. BUT PS VITA is not! so SE? make a move! yeah i know a little liquor on your head put a idea to make this thread....
but i only know one thing thats makes me so excited the remake of ffx HD in ps vita!!!!!! oh yeah!!! xD

bigtakilla
8th Jun 2013, 10:39
I guess since this is the thread where we dare Square-Enix to do things, I dare Square-Enix to make the "Crystal Bearers 2" for Wii U. I dare them to give Layle a physical weapon of their choosing and have the touch screen to use his telekinesis. I dare them to make the right side of the touch screen on the game pad a quick access for magic, mic on/off, items, keyboard, and equipment. I dare them to make it 4 player drop in/out. I dare them to make it about the 3 characters from the first game who had the crystal powers, (SPOILER ALERT) and a new 4th lilty who the crystal transfered to after the end guy died in TCB. I dare them to keep the steam punk, sandbox style World but expand the World as far as the Wii U can allow it to go. And that's the end of my dares.

prayingformorefinalfantasyVII
8th Jun 2013, 15:08
I dare Square-Enix to remake the greatest game of all time, "Final Fantasy VII", but there is a twist! It would make the game even more incredible, if they would put "Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core" in it also. To clear things up, I am daring Square-Enix to combine these two amazing games and incorporate today's breath taking graphics; to make the "perfect game" that no one could resist! If you are a Final Fantasy VII fan, please back me up and maybe by some miracle, Square-Enix will see that this could be their greatest masterpiece and all of us could be experiencing a "perfect game" in a few years!!!

gyigyo2
16th Jun 2013, 02:05
I dare Enix to make new ip-s or give final fantasy franchise to Crystal Dynamics/Eidos.

rikXkua
22nd Jun 2013, 09:35
i just think FFX/X-2 HD are not enough....maybe Type 0 or some other FF titles...SE seems not too interested on Vita yet...

Saria3
22nd Jun 2013, 11:04
Id love to see them set up Crisis Core on the vita.. That game was awesome, and perfect for the smaller screen. Or even a new Dissidia - granted they'd revist the same characters again but hey, they could add some new ones like in 012 (Id love to see Ashe and/or Fran, Nanaki, Vivi, and Snow)
annd I wouldnt complain if we happened to get any HD re-release for just about any other FF too :P (c'mon 12)

drjaxx
23rd Jun 2013, 01:03
it's sad and frustrating that square-enix hasn't released crisis core on vita. Here's hoping it wont be forgoten along with the psp.

cloudsquallxiii
6th Oct 2013, 21:03
do you know all the Final Fantasy games ive bought on psn for my ps3 do i have to buy them again to have them on ps4 or is there a way i can have it or transfer it to it if not why not haha if not id be gutted but its life think id jus end up buyin it again hahaha

moooka
7th Oct 2013, 10:38
That is not known at the moment. Actually we don't even know which PS1 games will be available on the PS4's cloud service. We'll have to wait and see.

FantasyDreamKey
7th Oct 2013, 12:46
I think I read on the internet that they are going to find another alternative to play PS1, PS2 and PS3 on the PS4... I can't remember what it was, sorry.

They should do a remake of Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 on the PS4 but with added bonuses and improve graphic.

moooka
8th Oct 2013, 07:36
That's what I mentioned; the cloud service "Gaikai", which won't be available on the PS4 till some time next year.

cloudsquallxiii
8th Oct 2013, 18:32
i unserstand that i jus wanted to know if i could transfer it over from my ps3 to ps4 :)

fondantcookie
28th May 2014, 11:50
Hi

Please can anyone shed some light on what versions of the "classic" FF games (ie 1-6) are available on PSP/Vita/PSN?

Am i right in thinking it's as follows?

FF1 rereleased version, new 2D graphics :)
FF2 rereleased version, new 2D graphics :)
FF3 no rereleased 2D version, just a 3D remake... (i want a 2D remake ala 1 and 2 thanks :mad:)
FF4 (complete collection), new 2D graphics :)
FF5 - PSX version
FF6 - PSX version

Is this correct?

Are there any plans for a 2D FF3?

Do FF5 and FF6 have extreme loading times like they did on the original PSX? And will updated versions of these ever be available (ie the iOS release of FF6 with updated graphics...?). I don't want to purchase these (again) if they are soon to get the overhaul treatment?

Cheers,
Peter

moooka
29th May 2014, 11:41
Hi

Please can anyone shed some light on what versions of the "classic" FF games (ie 1-6) are available on PSP/Vita/PSN?

Am i right in thinking it's as follows?

FF1 rereleased version, new 2D graphics :)
FF2 rereleased version, new 2D graphics :)
FF3 no rereleased 2D version, just a 3D remake... (i want a 2D remake ala 1 and 2 thanks :mad:)
FF4 (complete collection), new 2D graphics :)
FF5 - PSX version
FF6 - PSX version

Is this correct?

Are there any plans for a 2D FF3?

Do FF5 and FF6 have extreme loading times like they did on the original PSX? And will updated versions of these ever be available (ie the iOS release of FF6 with updated graphics...?). I don't want to purchase these (again) if they are soon to get the overhaul treatment?

Cheers,
Peter

If you are talking about the European store, this is true. But for the American store, FF1 & 2 PSP versions are not available digitally, but instead they have the older 2D remake FF Origins (PSX). No announced plans for 2D FF3.

Steedy
29th May 2014, 12:38
Yes i'm talking about the UK store...

I have the PSP versions of 1 and 2 which are great... I just really wish they'd make a 2D version of FF3 in the same vain...

Also, I did a bit of research and it seems there are newer versions of FF5 and FF6 too... the ADVANCE versions from the GBA... Sounds ace. Are there any plans (or are fans demanding to some extent) for these to be ever released on the PSN ??

It seems wierd that they are release