PDA

View Full Version : Please. Limit the bugs

Poke
25th Oct 2006, 19:09
Time after time i have seen great games just get creamed when they just ship it out and don't deal with the bugs. I know games now are huge and very hard to make/code or whatever you do. But please keep the game untill the bug's are at a point they just really don't upset people to NO bugs at all.

I am totaly willing to hear that you are keeping the game longer untill it is really ready to ship. I know there are others out there that say ship now then fix. But that can't work. They will scream worse than the ones that are willing to wait.

So i am just one person, but i am willing to wait for a good, little to no bug free game than a game that got wasted in the reivews and by the ones that buy it crying about how many bug's are in it.

Poke.

Aametherar
25th Oct 2006, 20:25
Agreed, which is why I posted about beta testing, I think at least a little outside testing is essential for finding missed bugs. When internally tested games are released gamers have a tendincy to instantly run into some unintentional bugs that are all too apparent to the gamer.

PinCushion
25th Oct 2006, 21:05
Weelp, cant say much... BUT! I love the game. Im excited about seeing it hit the shelves. And from what I've seen... relatively bug free. As far as testing goes, I believe thats all being done by the developer, and well, where are they? :cool:

chip5541
25th Oct 2006, 21:28
Pin,
What would be the odds of getting some exclusive pictures and art so i can make a screen saver for everyone?

Sigma
25th Oct 2006, 21:49
As it is almost impossible to eliminate every bug from a game, I hope the game at least dosen't have any noticable bugs, a technically bug free game :nut: also as long as they have been working on thtis game (2004 I think?) I expect it to be well made when it goes gold.

Also I hope we get more info towards Christmas oddly the hype built up on me fast when I saw this game for the first time a few days back. (I usually don't get hyped as fast :P)

chip5541
25th Oct 2006, 22:05
Actually it is 2002. You can see the early tech trailer in this link: http://www.wargamer.com/articles/midway_screenshots/Default.asp

I have been stoked on this game since it was first announced through Mithis.

Sigma
25th Oct 2006, 23:06
my my, what caused such a delay in its producion then?

chip5541
26th Oct 2006, 04:50
No. At the time Mithis was working on IGIII/Galaxy Andromedia for CDV. There may have been some issues between the 2. I will say though that based on the early tech trailer and what we have seen it has been well worth the wait.

gogol
2nd Nov 2006, 00:35
no matter the bugs !! !

er well ok , having a stable game is something important.
but most of all , give us a good game !

GTA san andreas is filled with thousands of bugs
but who cares ?

Poke
2nd Nov 2006, 05:52
I do care

Right now i am TRYINIG mind you TRYING to play Pacific storm. That game has more bugs than a bait shop. There is a USB joystick bug that if you do NOT have the joystick centered when in a plane and you die, the game will crash to desktop. Now that is stupid and really annoying. The game will have sounds that come and go, but the odd part is when you restart the game from the desktop you hear something new. It will also crash for no reason at all from time to time.

This is why the post. Let's make sure we get the hard bugs out as well as the simple ones before the release. That is why i am willing to wait instead of get totaly annoyed over somthing they could of held it up for a week getting a bug out instead of shipping and hearing the screams/cry's/insults and so on about bugs that should of been dealt with in the frist place.

So, lets wait.

chip5541
2nd Nov 2006, 07:44
Off topic: The joystick issue is with certain ones and that use USB which is being fixed with an upcoming patch. As far as CTD, I have the game and have not had a CTD yet. With all the hundred and thousands of computer combinations in both hardware and software it really is amazing games run as well as they do. Well, anyway this isnt the place for that.

Anyhoo some bugs can be cool or neat bugs. Considerings the general track record of the QA with Eidos and SCi I have faith that Midway will be a pretty stable game.

princecaspian4
13th Nov 2006, 02:31
i think it is VERY important to get out major bugs before the release, just one bug can kill a game, for example, i played battlefeild2 on the 360, i only found one bug, but the bug was that there was no voice communication. the game was very team oriented, but because you couldn't communicate instead of having a team, you just had a bunch of people doing their own thing and getting in each other’s way, and for me that killed the game, they should have known about that before the game shipped, they had put out a demo that hade the same problem, and it took them months to fix it, meanwhile i had found a better game and won't get another battlefield game.

chip5541
15th Nov 2006, 15:24
Well right now I would be very leary of EA games. BF2 was broken on both the PC and 360 and EA was very slow in responding.

Dutch Jester
15th Nov 2006, 22:01
Well right now I would be very leary of EA games. BF2 was broken on both the PC and 360 and EA was very slow in responding.
Ya my BF2142 wont run becasue it syas i dont have enough RAM but i have more than eneough it is making me irritated and now i hate the game.

chip5541
15th Nov 2006, 22:06
Yikes. Was it from the 1.4 patch?

Dutch Jester
15th Nov 2006, 23:49
umm cant remember it was like the first.