PDA

View Full Version : Another Blood Money Patch

6FeetUnder
24th Oct 2006, 01:52
Hi everyone,

Nothing new here other than I too am having trouble to even get Blood Money past the initial loading screen (gets to about 20% and then crashes back to the desktop). The funny thing is that my machine config hasn't changed yet I was able to run the demo when it first came out...

I have tried everything on the Eidos website, I have ran the link that went around indicating how to test your machine for the minimum specs (which it passed), and I have the 1.2 patch.

I am running an AMD Athlon 64 2800+, 1.5 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB), Windows XP SP-2 and the latest ATI Catalyst 6.9 and DirectX drivers.

Does anyone know what is going on with this game (other than it was obviously released under some really odd testing schedule)? Has there been any news posted ANYWHERE that indicates that they are going to patch this game?

Else, does anyone have the support email to chat with them directly? I followed the sticky post and there was nothing at the bottom of any links that indicated an email address for their support.

It seems like a lot of people have been having difficulty with this game but there really hasn't been much noise from Eidos (their support page is brutally pathetic). I can't believe I spent money on this title; I guarantee it will be the last Eidos title I own.

Sorry for the rant. :( If anyone has any advice on how to get this thing running or what the status of another patch is; much appreciated.

TIA,

FMSZ1984
25th Oct 2006, 21:30
We apologize for the difficulty that you are having, please click on the link within this link and scroll down to enter a support request.

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=6&searchText=&game=187&platform=3

Hi everyone,

Nothing new here other than I too am having trouble to even get Blood Money past the initial loading screen (gets to about 20% and then crashes back to the desktop). The funny thing is that my machine config hasn't changed yet I was able to run the demo when it first came out...

I have tried everything on the Eidos website, I have ran the link that went around indicating how to test your machine for the minimum specs (which it passed), and I have the 1.2 patch.

I am running an AMD Athlon 64 2800+, 1.5 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB), Windows XP SP-2 and the latest ATI Catalyst 6.9 and DirectX drivers.

Does anyone know what is going on with this game (other than it was obviously released under some really odd testing schedule)? Has there been any news posted ANYWHERE that indicates that they are going to patch this game?

Else, does anyone have the support email to chat with them directly? I followed the sticky post and there was nothing at the bottom of any links that indicated an email address for their support.

It seems like a lot of people have been having difficulty with this game but there really hasn't been much noise from Eidos (their support page is brutally pathetic). I can't believe I spent money on this title; I guarantee it will be the last Eidos title I own.

Sorry for the rant. :( If anyone has any advice on how to get this thing running or what the status of another patch is; much appreciated.

TIA,

6FeetUnder
26th Oct 2006, 00:54
Thanks for the link Francesca. I appreciate you taking the time to post that link.

I would maybe bring up site design at the next one of your meetings; I'm not trying to be rude, but it is really undeveloped for something of the quality that I would expect for a knowledgebase.

Thanks again.

Interestingly enough, that link just took me to another page in the tech support site but there was nothing there to indicate that I could submit a form.

Nevermind, I kept stumbling around until I eventually found it. For those that would like the address...

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=6&searchText=&game=187&platform=3

I really hope that I can actually load this game one day. :whistle: