PDA

View Full Version : Changing Cameras & Cam Targets

GokuZ
22nd Oct 2006, 17:33
I have set up a camera and camera target in a rolling ball sequence
Then
I set up a second camera and camera target to be triggered at the end of the sequence.

What happens?
The first camera & first camera target works fine,
but when the second camera and second target are triggered
the first camera simply points to the second camera target
(it even aims through walls if they are in another room)
(I cant heavyantitrigger the 1st cam & camTarget)

Ive tried using flyby cameras but I cant get them to stay still and cut to the second camera.

aktrekker
23rd Oct 2006, 00:36
Normally, the cutcam stays on as long as Lara is on the trigger. They also seem to be a bit inconsistent.
I assume the rolling ball is not resting on the trigger. Have you tried making it one-shot? Have you tried putting a negative value in the Timer so it will shut off before the next camera is triggered?

GokuZ
23rd Oct 2006, 13:12
Have you tried making it one-shot? Have you tried putting a negative value in the Timer so it will shut off before the next camera is triggered?

I made it one shot, didnt try using a negative number, I found a way around my problem , by putting the 2nd camera target exactly opposite the 1st camera, so the camera just turned around.

I think the main problem is that the camera and cam target wasnt 'reset' by going back to laras view.

I will want to use the cameras & camera targets for future cutscenes, so I will need to learn to use all cameras well to get great effects.

Driber
24th Oct 2006, 09:04
it's hard to say what you did wrong, I'd need a test project

but I know it can be done, because I am using that exact sequence in my new level

GokuZ
24th Oct 2006, 19:02
I actually deleted the prj files that wouldnt work to get what i was working on I just mirrord the room and the camera turns around.

I am just starting work on a 2nd Terminator arrival sequence and will need more than 1 camera angle, so when ive set that up i will send you the prj driber. :)