PDA

View Full Version : Any Mac users having this problem?

MacMan
19th Oct 2006, 17:46
I'm having a problem...
I've been using the windows version of the level editor and I bought the Mac version of Chronicles with the level editor so I could build levels on my iBook. I've installed the level editor and it loads fine and when I open a project it too loads fine, but when I click to change to the 2d map view the window doesn't refresh. I can click in the window where a room would be and it will change to that room in the plan view, but the window displays the 3d view of the room I was looking at when I clicked 2d view.

Any other mac users had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I'm running the program in classic mode on an iBook G4, 1.33 ghz, 512 mb, ATI Radeon 9550 mobile 32mb vram.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

dhama
19th Oct 2006, 20:18
Not sure about that, but maybe something here: http://www.users.bigpond.com/macraider/index.html
Or perhaps you could contact the webmaster.

aktrekker
20th Oct 2006, 07:21
Have you tried clicking on the Refresh button?

MacMan
20th Oct 2006, 14:01
Yeah, I tried that but it does nothing. I also updated my graphics card driver and that didn't change anything. I wonder if it's an issue with OS X tiger? I also noticed that when I open a dialog box (room select) the part of the box that extends into the 3d window is missing...
:scratch:

TheGreatUvavoo
28th Oct 2006, 18:00
Unfortunately there is no fix.
It is an OS9 application and does not run well under OSX's classic mode. It has been a problem for a while and not just a Tiger problem. I think it is an openGL problem.
The only solution is to boot directly into Os9 if that is possible on your machine.

Alphonse_kun
21st Jan 2007, 10:28
I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM !!!
and that's a big one… can't find someone else who could help me… fortunately, I have a G3 at home and I'll try to run the trle on the g3 today… I'd like to find out how to make the 2d map and the dialog boxes appear correctly on the g4, since I've read somewhere that some mac users don't have this kind of problem…
sorry I can't help very much…

all these mac bugs make me mad !!! :mad2:

(sorry for the poor language quality, but I'm french so please understand :o )