PDA

View Full Version : Error

FCB10
16th Oct 2006, 18:02
When i try to run the game i get this message:

EN: Just Cause was unable to start. Please make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for your graphic card and DirectX. In addition, please make sure that your graphic card supports the functions vertex shader 1.1 and pixel shader 1.1. For further information and troubleshooting, please refer to the readme file.:mad2:

I have the nvidia gefore4 mx440 graphics card, 512mb ram, amd athlon 2400+

Is there anything i can do to get the game to work,(except buying a new graphics card), i have 3danalyze but dont kno which boxes to tick

cheers

Major_A
16th Oct 2006, 22:26
Never used the program but like has been mentioned before the Geforce4 MX series doesn't have pixel shaders or support Hardware T&L. This is a nice card if you don't have onboard video and need something to display data on your monitor.

Do yourself a favor and get a new card. Now you can get a fairly nice card for under $100. When I first started gaming on a PC the sweet spot video card wise was over $200. The first time I went from onboard graphics to a real video card blew me away.

If you live in the US www.newegg.com has a 9800 Pro for $88+tax. I bought that card when it came out and was $300. Since then I have moved on a few times and gave the card to my brother in law. He had the Just Cause demo installed and the game played fine and looked good at 1024X768. I know you said you didn't want that as an option but if you game at all on your PC it is worth the price.

If you do decide to buy a new video card don't think "wow this $50 card has 256MB of RAM". The amount of RAM on a low end video card has nothing to do with performance. It wasn't until I bought this 7600GT that I ever had over 128MB. Usually the low end cards will have 64-bit memory which kills the perfomance of a card. All high end cards, $400+, have 256-bit memory. If you do buy a card look for at least 128-bit memory. FYI, the 9800 Pro has 256-bit memory.