PDA

View Full Version : My little story about how my nickname to all of my friends is "Raz" :D

Vampshroom
5th Oct 2013, 05:42
Greetings. This is a story. About my Nickname. That literally every single person i know uses.....
Well you see,i don't do anything in school. Sometime in Middle School,i went to an alternative program with a bunch of 19 year olds and what not :p
My name is Justin. There was also another Justin in my class O_O
So the teacher asked "Do you want a nickname or something?"
Knowing me and how i kind of love vampires and Raziel from LoK Soul Reaver is like my favorite character from any game in the world,i asked for Raziel. With a quick smile,the teach replied-
".....How about..... Raz?"
Then BOOM. Two to three years later that is my name. it is used to often that when my friend's father called my house the one time,he didn't know my name and asked "Is Raz there?"
Then my family knew my nickname. And again,BOOM.
Barely anyone i know even knows where it came from.

Buuuut there ya go :D interesting story! i am quite happy with my nickname! and it will forever be stuck on me.
Even when i meet new people,i greet them saying "Hello! my name is Justin. but please,call me Raz."
:cool:

Violet-n-red
25th Nov 2013, 22:47
nice story! :thumb: :)

VikingVern
22nd Jan 2014, 03:58
Haha cool story bro! I have a similar story of my own, not a name connected to me at all though, and not ment to 1up your story in anyway also. But kinda interesting still. Anyway a year ago I met a 17 year old named kain, since it involved me writing down his name I wrote cane, he corrected me by spelling it kain. I was like OH SNAP and asked ever heard of lok? He said yes his dad was a big fan of the first game and named him after kain. I was like wow so we talked about it, and we were happy to meet eachother for this reason. After a bit I asked him if he was a fan of the series? Sadly he said only sort of, he liked bo1,2,and D, the ones which focus on kain obviously. It turned out though that it was his middle name spelt kain which he preferred to go by. Still cool though his dad must have been kind of a weird guy.

Monkeythumbz
22nd Jan 2014, 10:23
Still cool though his dad must have been kind of a weird guy.

My kind of weird. :-)

Sluagh
22nd Jan 2014, 11:45
If I had a son, It would be quite tempting to call him Nupraptor. And if he was being hyperactive and crazy you could go, "Nupraptor! You're such a mentalist!" And then he'd probably scream and launch some emotional trauma induced TK at me.

Sataine
22nd Jan 2014, 15:38
I think I shall now name my first born Kain and my second Raziel. You just don't see many sons bearing such names. Well, not of the "Kain" spelling anyhow.

DeputyPotato
22nd Jan 2014, 16:31
I think I shall now name my first born Kain and my second Raziel. You just don't see many sons bearing such names. Well, not of the "Kain" spelling anyhow. Quite possibly the 80-90's ish generation might have more kain's and maybe some raziels too :P

Sataine
22nd Jan 2014, 16:47
Quite possibly the 80-90's ish generation might have more kain's and maybe some raziels too :P

Well no wonder I like it. Born in '85. ;)

Dogsdontfly
25th Feb 2014, 04:57
You don't know how tempted I've been to name my son Janos. I'm of Hungarian decent, and that's our form of John (though it's pronounced more like "Janosh"). My grandparents grew up with a few Janoses, so no one would be the wiser... >:D

Monkeythumbz
26th Feb 2014, 14:11
If I had a son, It would be quite tempting to call him Nupraptor. And if he was being hyperactive and crazy you could go, "Nupraptor! You're such a mentalist!" And then he'd probably scream and launch some emotional trauma induced TK at me.
:nut: