PDA

View Full Version : Help on pistol upgrade

jayjay_c
12th Oct 2006, 19:38
After I complete mission it says that I achieved the last pistol upgrade. However if I check the pistol upgrade in extra menu or in the pda, it still shows with ????.

What's going on? Can any one help me?

Headache
12th Oct 2006, 19:40
Might be a bug.
Otherwise, I have no clue.

Treeble
12th Oct 2006, 19:50
If you're on a PS2, make sure you "save rewards" before continuing.

Headache
12th Oct 2006, 19:56
I thought it saved rewards automatically if you finished the level...?

PC and PS2 vary I guess...

jayjay_c
12th Oct 2006, 19:57
oh.. i am on pc.

and i got that upgrade from completing a story mission

Treeble
12th Oct 2006, 20:10
I thought it saved rewards automatically if you finished the level...?

Not as far as I can tell. I remember having to redo my first time trial ever because I didn't save "rewards" (since I didn't get any doing the TT I thought WTH). :D

The upgrades are unlocked by picking the rewards however, so if it says it's been unlocked and it hasn't, maybe check if you've got all the rewards in the levels. I don't quite remember, but you've got to have a certain percent of the total game rewards to unlock them upgrades. :)

Headache
12th Oct 2006, 20:13
Not as far as I can tell. I remember having to redo my first time trial ever because I didn't save "rewards" (since I didn't get any doing the TT I thought WTH). :D

The upgrades are unlocked by picking the rewards however, so if it says it's been unlocked and it hasn't, maybe check if you've got all the rewards in the levels. I don't quite remember, but you've got to have a certain percent of the total game rewards to unlock them upgrades. :)
Huh. Guess I learned something then, too. :D

jayjay_c
12th Oct 2006, 20:23

well..

the problem is not anout saving rewards.

Other items that were unlocked at the same time are available, but not just the pistol.

Treeble
12th Oct 2006, 20:27
I know it's not about saving the rewards (if those are saved, in theory the upgrades should be, too), but check how many of them you are missing.

jayjay_c
12th Oct 2006, 20:34
I believe I got all the rewards for the pistol upgrade.

Each time at the end of level, it shows that I got pistol upgrades and other unlockables.

Other unlockables, such as clothes, profiles, art works are available but the pistol doesn't upgrade.

So my point is that I'm pretty sure it is a bug and I'd like to know how to fix it.

Terminatorvs
13th Oct 2006, 07:26
You get pistol upgrades from finding secrets. Check your PDA for the next upgrade progress. It might help.

jayjay_c
13th Oct 2006, 10:40
I just started from the beginning again after i patched it to 1.2

then it worked.

thx anyway

Headache
13th Oct 2006, 20:56
I just started from the beginning again after i patched it to 1.2

then it worked.

thx anyway
Good then :thumbsup: