PDA

View Full Version : More Performance Issues

snowatom
10th Oct 2006, 15:34
I run the game at 1280x1024 with high on all graphic options.

When I play the game it is about 25-35 fps. but down to 18 fps or less when lots of action and fire is going on.
When I look at the sky it get's to about 45 fps

Now for the weird part, even if i lover the resolution to 640x480 and sets all graphic options to low, my fps does not increase much. WHY IS THAT ????

I have tried disableing the V-sync option in my nvidia driver, that gave me aprox 5 more fps.

It's anoying, because some of the more demanding levels has a lot of action, and with low fps it can be a little hard to control the game.

Is there anything I can do, without using money on new hardware again ?? :scratch:

My specs:

Intel Pentium 2.8 Ghz (HT)
Nvidia 6800 Ultra 256mb
2 gig ram (4x512) 800 Mhz FBUS
Onboard Soundmax Audio
Maxtor 200GB hard disk

Crypton
10th Oct 2006, 16:12
*SNIP*
My specs:

Intel Pentium 2.8 Ghz (HT)
Nvidia 6800 Ultra 256mb
2 gig ram (4x512) 800 Mhz FBUS
Onboard Soundmax Audio
Maxtor 200GB hard disk
One thing you can try, though no garantee it will improve anything is to disable HT on your CPU in the BIOS of your Mobo. For Multitasking, HT is a great feature, but it was made specifically for that while gaming needs all power up front for itself (itself being game your running)

Next, what drivers for the video card are you using (version) ? You can try different drivers from www.nvidia.com as I have had better results for gameplay on older drivers.

Alternatively, you can try drivers from www.tweaksrus.com they are "pre-tweaked" drivers that are meant for gamers. I have never had a problem with them and have used them rather than "official" drivers from nVidia.com. So, they are fairly safe to use without worrying. They do not overclock anything, just the settings used as "defaults" for the card are altered and geared towards gaming systems.

Lemme know,
~ Crypton