PDA

View Full Version : 360 Issues

NeutronIC
9th Oct 2006, 15:12
Hi Folks

Perhaps one of the most entertaining games i've played in a good while, but marred by some pretty serious problems.

Side-missions - if you get one where you have to blow up a building, that building has no bounding box and thus no collision detection, weapons can't hit it etc so the mission can't be completed. You can walk right through the building too, since there is no bounding box.

Lock-ups - i've just started getting a really annoying lock-up problem. Twice now after a very short period playing - 30-45 minutes first time - the game has frozen solid. The first time would have been just as it tried to load some kind of sound to be played as my Agency bike was delivered and landed on the ground I guess.

What's the chance of a patch coming out for the 360 version via live?

Matt.

force9da
25th Oct 2006, 19:44
Also having these problems, the lock up prob is really starting to annoy, play for about 40 mins then it just freezes. Come on and fix it.

marlyman420
26th Oct 2006, 14:23
I also am having the same problem. Thought it was just me at first. Played the game for 35-40 minutes then the game exits to the dashboard. Right b4 it crashes, an error message pops up, but it comes up to quick and go's away to fast to be able to make out what it says. This sux seeing as how this game is pretty sweet. FIX THIS PLEASE!!

ixbadboy4ever
27th Oct 2006, 21:45
Just Cause is a beautiful action game, but it locks up too much. I rushed home to play this game, only to have it lock up on me after 5 - 10 mins of gameplay. Eidos - please provide a patch for this problem via Xbox Live ASAP. I do not want to return Just Cause to the store, but why keep a game I cannot play?

ixbadboy4ever
27th Oct 2006, 23:02
Attn All: I found this fix for Just Cause on 1UP.com: I tried it and now I'm able to play the game WITHOUT lock ups!

"A small corner of the Internet pointed out that the Xbox 360 Spring Update boasted a special feature -- the ability to clear the cache on the Xbox 360.

Here's how: "Go to the system blade and then memory. Press Y on either the HDD or a MU and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a blade will pop up saying: This will perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices. Do you want to continue? Pick yes or no."

Note: Microsoft advices not to use this feature without some form help from their technical support department.

Here's the source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151382

PinCushion
27th Oct 2006, 23:36
Thank you, thats good info to have. And as badboy said contact the microsoft tech support before, durring, doing this. We recommend contacting Microsoft first for all issues recently with the 360, to troubleshoot the hardware first.

AAaaaaahhhhhh, first gen hardware.

ixbadboy4ever
28th Oct 2006, 04:58
Ok guys, my copy of Just Cause is still locking up after a few minutes of game play. The fix above only worked until I turned off the Xbox 360. I cleared the cache after it locked up the last time, but it locked up again. Please look into this soonest. A patch on Xbox live to correct this problem would be nice. Thanks

Maxx_Fire
29th Oct 2006, 20:20
Ok guys, my copy of Just Cause is still locking up after a few minutes of game play. The fix above only worked until I turned off the Xbox 360. I cleared the cache after it locked up the last time, but it locked up again. Please look into this soonest. A patch on Xbox live to correct this problem would be nice. Thanks

Have you contacted Xbox support yet? Probably a good idea as the Xbox 360 is getting a great reputation for doing this with various games! :eek:

Here's a few things they might ask you :

Is your 360 in a cabinet or enclosed in any way?
Does your 360 sit on top of or close to any other devices? eg. DVD player, VCR etc (don't say PS2, they might not like it! :lol: )
Is there anything covering the sides of the 360?
Is the 360 close to a heat source? (radiator, air vent etc)
Does your power supply have plenty of space for ventilation?
Is the power supply plugged in to a multi-tap or extension?
What date is on the badge on the back of the 360?
Do you get any red lights? If so, which ones light up?

The last one there is very interesting... There are some rumours that units made before February are being replaced by Xbox support without to much of a fight... This is just a rumour but it does kinda make sense... ;)

ixbadboy4ever
29th Oct 2006, 21:45
Okay, my 360 is in a cabinet, but it has a lot of ventilation. I recently installed the Nyko Fan on the back to keep it cool, and I also have the pelican fan on the bottom to provide it with extra air. The adapter is on an extension, and is not covered up in any way. There are no red lights on the "ring of doom" either :cool:. The MFR date on the back is 12/05/2005, so that may be the problem. It's strange though as I have not had any issues with the system until I bought Just Cause. In fact, it is the only game in my collection that locks up like that. I will contact Microsoft and see what they have to say, but I feel that it may be a software issue versus the hardware. Thanks for your help though :)

ixbadboy4ever
31st Oct 2006, 11:52
Okay guys, guess what? Microsoft just updated the 360's software, and I'm now able to play Just Cause without ANY lockups!:D

You have to get Xbox Live in order to get the required updates to play Just Cause. My system was apparently lacking the motion blur capability that is required to play the game. Microsoft just updated the 360's software via Live this morning, and I'm now able to play Just Cause without any lock ups! The 360 is also now capable of displaying 1080p HD. Awesome!!! :thumbsup:

cassetto
2nd Jan 2007, 19:28
the game won't let me liberate any other city. i'm in the second isle and the man who is supposed to start the liberation only let me do a secondary mission......

Morpheus3353
3rd Jan 2007, 01:43
Is the island politicaly unstable? If not you can only do secondary missions until it is. Do a main-storyline mission to make islands politically unstable.

cassetto
3rd Jan 2007, 03:46
Is the island politicaly unstable? If not you can only do secondary missions until it is. Do a main-storyline mission to make islands politically unstable.

thanks a lot, i'll try. i think you're right however, the cities i cannot conquer are on the right side of the region, still stable... ^^

Morpheus3353
3rd Jan 2007, 19:51
Yeah i've done that a lot and started a bunch of missions I didn't want to do lol. Other than my stupidity lol I really haven't had any glitches with the game. Must just be the PC version that has glitches.

Thomzz
6th Jan 2007, 01:32
hasnt froze for me...

ScottGBlood
8th Jan 2007, 19:00
Hello,

I am having the same problems with the side missions and explosives. Its bloody annoying if not a show stopper when you cant blow up gas stations or oil foundries because the bloody building is invisible to the computer.

I actually thought at first that i was doing something wrong, but it seems i am not the only one who is able to do a hudini and walk through buildings in some side missions!

If this problem dosn't get sorted i will be returning it to my local Asda (UK) where i bought it, along with 2 friends who have also purchased this otherwise amazing game.

Regards

stewlil
9th Jan 2007, 09:35
the problem with my game is that the geurillas seem to act like they are the police, they shoot me whenever they see me and they are always in helicopters shooting at me, making it really hard to do some races and liberating cities

ScottGBlood
9th Jan 2007, 11:54
the problem with my game is that the geurillas seem to act like they are the police, they shoot me whenever they see me and they are always in helicopters shooting at me, making it really hard to do some races and liberating cities

I have the same issue with the helicopters, once i have finished a side mission and my wanted level goes back to zero, about 5 or 6 helicopters will follow me around, shooting at me. They never seem to hit me either which is rather silly, who's driving the helicopters, stevie wonder?

PoorBison
2nd Apr 2007, 08:26
Lol Stevie Wonder... thats funny.

oddesy100
5th Apr 2007, 14:11
I have finished just cause and I'm now just doing all the liberations to get the acheivments, I've done about half the liberations and now for some reason all of the guerrilla have turned on me, I cant do the libertaions now because I have far too many people trying to kill me, when I load my game and there is a guerrilla in a watch tower he just chases me and tries to kill me, and theres always a guerrilla helicopter in the sky following me and trying 2 kill me, I cant drive anywhere because I just get blown away by missiles, and even more weird is that if i get into a guerrilla vehicle with weapons I target my self, and I target any guerilla that are near me if I have a gun out, does anyone know what i can do to try and fix this? its really irritating.
Thanks!!