PDA

View Full Version : Shadows and stuttering

HiCZoK4
9th Oct 2006, 15:07
1.How to disable shadows completly ?
2.After 10 min of playing games start to stutters.That not happens with other games.

my spec
2500sepmron
512mb sapphire x1600pro
2x512 apacer dual
audigy se with new drivers
160 gb hdd defragmented
350psu

any ideas?

Crypton
10th Oct 2006, 19:50
I don't work for Eidos, and am not a mod here, but if I knew I would glady help.

I looked at the settings files when you first posted, but I do not see anything as far as editing/changing the shadows directly.

Here are all the settings I see as far as being able to override anything. I will look further into it (other areas) but at the moment, not sure m8.

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//
// Just Cause Settings
//
// Settings: Possible values:
//
// audio_sfx 0.0 to 1.0
// audio_music 0.0 to 1.0
// audio_dialog 0.0 to 1.0
// video_motion_blur On = 1, Off = 0
// general_action_cam On = 1, Off = 0
// general_subtitles On = 1, Off = 0
// general_invert_updown On = 1, Off = 0
// hud_health_bar Dynamic, Always show, Always hide
// hud_weapon_selector Dynamic, Always show, Always hide
// hud_onscreen_obj_info Dynamic, Always show, Always hide
// hud_minimap Show, Hide
// hud_actions Dynamic, Always show, Always hide
// pc_video_screen_resolution 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200
// pc_video_heat_haze On = 1, Off = 0
// pc_video_water_quality Low, Medium, High
// pc_video_scene_complexity Low, Medium, High
// pc_video_terrain_detail_quality Low, Medium, High
// pc_video_texture_resolution Low, Medium, High
// pc_video_post_effects On = 1, Off = 0
//
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HiCZoK4
11th Oct 2006, 14:10
thx. if i turn low scene complexity the annoying tree ahsdows dissapear gut wtill ugly object shadows are there .

Crypton
11th Oct 2006, 21:18
thx. if i turn low scene complexity the annoying tree ahsdows dissapear gut wtill ugly object shadows are there .
hmm, your card technically should be able to handle the shodows, I have run the game on a 5900 and it can run the shadows on high.

Have you tried a different driver version? (new/old)

May want to install an older driver if your running the newest, and likewise if your running drivers that came on the CD with your card, you may want to install newer drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

HiCZoK4
12th Oct 2006, 14:41
BAAH i am using ati no nvidia :scratch:

Major_A
12th Oct 2006, 15:20
This is why PC gamers complain about ports. There are what 7-8 video options? Being able to disable shadows is a must. When I had my 9800 Pro the shadows in games would kill performance. Turn them off and performance would be what I would consider acceptable. The HDR bloom in this game needs an option to be disabled too. Yes it's the new big thing but I personally don't like it. When I played Oblivion there would be certain parts where HDR would hurt my eyes. I eventually turned it off and some other options up.

PC gamers want full control over the settings for a game. Hopefully in patch 1.1 or later they will allow us to change more options.

Crypton
12th Oct 2006, 16:48
BAAH i am using ati no nvidia :scratch:
ya, i popped in the wrong link, I am so used to goin to nvidias site.
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

HiCZoK4
13th Oct 2006, 13:03
This is why PC gamers complain about ports. There are what 7-8 video options? Being able to disable shadows is a must. When I had my 9800 Pro the shadows in games would kill performance. Turn them off and performance would be what I would consider acceptable. The HDR bloom in this game needs an option to be disabled too. Yes it's the new big thing but I personally don't like it. When I played Oblivion there would be certain parts where HDR would hurt my eyes. I eventually turned it off and some other options up.

PC gamers want full control over the settings for a game. Hopefully in patch 1.1 or later they will allow us to change more options.
that man should be a king :p

HiCZoK4
13th Oct 2006, 13:05
ya, i popped in the wrong link, I am so used to goin to nvidias site.
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

everyone is making mistakes