PDA

View Full Version : They Must Continue!!!

LΞGΞND
8th Oct 2006, 18:10
The must continue the AOD trilogy!!!

I can give reasons why

unfinished story
un awnserd questions
no link 6-7
no reveal 4-5-6
and more...

ditom
8th Oct 2006, 18:33
Yes, they should continue but on Legend engine.

shirl123
8th Oct 2006, 18:56
they should continue it as a novel ;)
but NOT as a new game (TR8?).
it's either AOD or Legend. otherwise it'll be really confusing and pointless - having a completly diffrent game-and-storyline (and gameplay, probably) every once in a while. even her biography is completly diffrent on each game. :rolleyes: it'll be very difficult to follow.
I want a novel :thumbsup:

CatSuit&Ponytail
9th Oct 2006, 12:02
I want it all. ;)

Headache
9th Oct 2006, 18:09
They should at first finish Angel of Darkness, and then make the second Angel of Darkness part with the same Angel of Darkness engine.
I think that would be extremely confusing for some people... And annoying for others.

Treeble
9th Oct 2006, 20:34
And suicide for Eidos. I mean... let's face it. The engine was not the best of AOD. We don't need clumsy, slow controls to ruin the franchise again. As far as the story goes, well, it would fit a novel or a fighting fantasy book just as well.

shirl123
9th Oct 2006, 20:46
I want it all. ;)

your comment got me singing "I want it all" by queen :lmao:

treeble, I couldn't agree more with you. :thumbsup:

Terminatorvs
10th Oct 2006, 04:33
They should at first finish Angel of Darkness, and then make the second Angel of Darkness part with the same Angel of Darkness engine.
NOOOOOOOOO!!! No more AoD controls. Not again. Nor ever! I don't want the game series to be spoilt second time. Stick with the Legend controls. The suit the game just fine.

LΞGΞND
10th Oct 2006, 17:25
Yes they should continue, but not with the legend engine...
they shoulf use their origional plan:

they wanted AOD to have a nex-gen(in that time) engine and graphics, I think they should make part two (wich reveals how she survived TLR) and use better movement controles and faster reaction time like TLR and Legend,

but go examin legend's anims their a bit fast and unreal...

If they use the AOD engine with better graphics and better react speed and more features like legend then it would be great! I think that if they continue the AOD trilogy then CORE should do it...

AND IT WOULD BRING THE FEEL OF TOMB RAIDER BACK!

the fans deserve it!! Hear hear?

LaraGirl216
10th Oct 2006, 18:06
No stick with Legend I love the game!!!!!!!!!! :D

shirl123
10th Oct 2006, 19:42

tomb raider feeling?! AOD?! okay then... :rolleyes:
Legend had MUCH MORE of the classic TRs then AOD, even though it was "diffrent". AOD was more like an adventure game, and not a good one.

they wanted AOD to have a nex-gen(in that time) engine and graphics, I think they should make part two (wich reveals how she survived TLR) and use better movement controles and faster reaction time like TLR and Legend,
If they use the AOD engine with better graphics and better react speed and more features like legend then it would be great! I think that if they continue the AOD trilogy then CORE should do it...

you have a mistake there, my friend.
they wanted to show how she survived on AOD1 ("1"), but it was later cut from the game. they also wanted to turn her into an alcoholic, burn her house down etc... thank goodness they didn't do that.
another thing is that controling Lara on AOD was similar to controling a freezer. :nut:
btw, Core doesn't exist anymore.

edit, version 100.99: don't get me wrong, I still want a novel! but not a game.

Terminatorvs
10th Oct 2006, 22:11
I think it was more like controlling a german Royal Tiger Panzer - slow, with a lot of inertion. I noticed one thing in "AoD", that was only common for "AoD" and never appeared in any other "TR" game. In previous "TRs": when you are walking back and pressing, for example, right - Lara turns right. In "Aod": when you walk back and press right, Lara STEERS left. Just like a car - if you put the gear to reverse and steer the wheel right, you'd rotate counter-clockwise.

Headache
10th Oct 2006, 22:40
Yes they should continue, but not with the legend engine...
they shoulf use their origional plan:

but go examin legend's anims their a bit fast and unreal...

Uhhh.... No. No. And.... NO.

AOD is out of league with the TR series. Rarely seems like TR, IMO.

And maybe the AOD fans would approve, but there were a lot of cons from several, SEVERAL people.

LΞGΞND
14th Oct 2006, 12:20
Ive found reasons on why people didnt like AOD:

the RPG power up thing
-it was only intended for the first part, coz lara was out of training...
she hasnt raided a tomb since TLR.

not much tombs
-the Lux Viritates and Cabal wasnt a old ancient group that lived intombs with spears, so naturaly they stayed in romanish, frenchis, italianish well built houses and temples and halls...

glichy bad ingame graphs
-coz the quality had to be downgraded for consoles and pc's just like HL2,

lara being framed
-tecnicly she was dead to all... so when the news in paris came of a raving lunatic, masacre, murderer, body part stealing wench, the people who knew lara didnt think it was her, and she was partly laying low

second player
-it was optional to see both sides of the story, and it was a new feature... look at legend: u can play as Amanda...

aussie500
14th Oct 2006, 12:51
No you do not play as Amanda in Legend, you can use an Amanda skin for Lara, it is still Lara and we know it is. Kurtis was never "optional" we were not given a choice about playing as him.

glichy bad ingame graphs
-coz the quality had to be downgraded for consoles and pc's just like HL2
Downgraded from what....it was bad and that is a fact, if it had been downgraded at all, it would have been unplayable, as it was my PS2 disc was unplayable anyway, waste of $50. The PC game l have is no where near as bad.

Do not get me wrong l would still like to see a conclusion, and if it is a game l would buy it, but AOD will never be one of my favorite Tomb Raider games, even if there had been no glitches and it had a fantastic control system

LΞGΞND
14th Oct 2006, 13:32
Yeh... I know its a skin, but it looks like that to people who havent played the game...

Did you know: that if you check the extra object models content you find the Lady Croft model right, but she is in the same stance as lara

and sum1 els extracted the models and used as viewer to check it out, and she had the grapple holsters PLS and binocs... lol

I would also play the conclusion but, it wont be my fave... maby my second:

1st - TLR
2nd - AOD
3rd - LEGEND

Treeble
14th Oct 2006, 13:42
Ive found reasons on why people didnt like AOD:

You missed the most important and the key reason AOD was so much hated - the sluggish controls making the whole game a chore to play through.

Bloody Angel of Darkness
14th Oct 2006, 14:02
You missed the most important and the key reason AOD was so much hated - the sluggish controls making the whole game a chore to play through.
The cointrols weren't that bad on PS2.After a while you get used to them. The real problem for me was when I decided to play AoD after I had finished Legend...
But yes they should continue it,but perhaps after Legend is completed.

LΞGΞND
14th Oct 2006, 21:13
Yip! that's the one I forgot!! The controles... (exhale)

If the controles were like TLR with the Extra AOD features like: dont stop when you hit the wall and fastrer climbing stuff and and and...

the things that botherd me bout AOD controles is that she was so slow reacting... like: Oi! a boulder, I shant like that... better run...
then when you press forward and turn she starts like this: step,jogish step, jo jog jog sprint... while on TLR instant sprint!! u know?

and I agree that they should continue AOD part 2 and 3 after Legend, coz after we finish the legend trilogy we wanna know what happend after part 1 of AOD...

so Core Design can work on AOD part 2 and 3 while Crystal Dynamics works on LEGEND part 2 and 3, then CD1 releases the AOD2,3 after CD2 releases the L2,3...

coz I say, CD1 wrote a good sorta engine for AOD, but only used once, so n\if they continue they can modify the part 2 engine on our posts and modify it again for part3 after our part2 posts... wachathink?

shirl123
14th Oct 2006, 21:29
so Core Design can work on AOD part 2 and 3 while Crystal Dynamics works on LEGEND part 2 and 3, then CD1 releases the AOD2,3 after CD2 releases the L2,3...

coz I say, CD1 wrote a good sorta engine for AOD, but only used once, so n\if they continue they can modify the part 2 engine on our posts and modify it again for part3 after our part2 posts... wachathink?

well, there's a problem with that...Core doesn't exist anymore. so it's only up to Crystal now.
and there's also the AOD and Legend plots problem [we don't know what happend when, her biography is diffrent and that includes her age...], but I'm sure THAT can be worked out some how :cool:

Terminatorvs
15th Oct 2006, 04:41
I'm sure, that "Legend" took place after "AoD" - it looks more modern. I think, that CDs could make a sequel to the events in "AoD", but chronologically they should happen after the "Legend" adventure.
Here's my idea: After defeating Karel in "AoD" and finding Kurtis' star and no Kurtis himself, Lara rushes outside. But she loses the trail - the star stais idle. No matter how hard she tries to find Kurtis it's useless - he's gone. The present day: Lara's digging inside her wardrobe and finds a black T-shirt (all right, so this part is a bit corny). She remembers the "AoD" adventure - one dark part of her life - how she was framed, how she was chased by the police, how she had to cover her tracks and prove her innocence. Perhaps, here CDs should show, that Lara didn't kill any officers (you can complete the game without killing) - or else it's guilty at all charge. Back from the memories. Lara revisites the trophy room and notices, that Kurtis' star starts shaking and emitting light. This is the start of a new adventure.
P. S. Lara's 38 years old and I don't find that bad, even if it means, that she's almost two times as old as me.

aussie500
16th Oct 2006, 08:58
Lara is not 38 years old, they ditched the year of her birth in AOD, she is eternally 28 most likely now. Just because Legend "looks" more modern does not mean chronologically it takes place after AOD, Tomb Raider has always been a modern adventure, portrayed by todays standards. ie: they use current technology. Just as in AOD the photo of Lara and Werner showed a Lara more like her AOD self than how she looked in earlier games, even though it was taken long before (chronologically) AOD was made, you cannot judge when an adventure took place by how it looks. l am going on Lara's personality being much like it was in Tomb Raider 1, rather than the more sarcastic and bitter Lara we saw in later adventures. Also we last saw Zip in Chonicles, in an "early" adventure of Lara's, so l would say Legend is from around the same time as that adventure. Considering in AOD Karel was to awaken the sleeper, which would have then caused the second armageddon according to the bible, l do not think it is something that would have waited for Lara to finish her next adventure somehow

Terminatorvs
17th Oct 2006, 15:32
Allright, so the developers removed the year of her birth from the bio. What of it? It doesn't mean, that I forgot, that Lara's birthday is on the 14th of February 1968. Plus: in "The Last Revelation" Lara and Verner were on adventure, when Lara was a teenager. In the game she looks as a 14-18-year old. Not younger. The year then is 1984 (Hey, some of us weren't even born, when Lara was already an adventurer). The fact remains - If Lara existed (and for some of The fans - she does), then today she would be exactly 38.
P. S. Or, maybe, perhaps, Lara is a highlander like Connor Mc'Loud.

LΞGΞND
21st Oct 2006, 01:43
Hey all! sorry Ivé been gone so long heres a couple of stuff Ive compiled... thanx Aussie 4 the one like...

New AOD part 1 and 2

A more comeplete storyline
Extra sections (Parisian Training, Tomb of Ancients & Vault of Trophies extended etc)
Extra Characters (Shaman, Luther etc)
The RPG conversation elements tweaked
Extra Weapons (including dual pistols (duh), Harpoon etc)
Strength Upgraded erased, or implemented better
Underwater Combat (Harpoon with explosive arrows was planned)
Kurtis Developed (originally you were able to use his chirugai, telekentic powers, farsee ability etc)
No bugs
Improved Combat
Maybe a more conclusive ending (depending on whether or not AOD2/3 would ever see the light of day...)
Improved Controls
Multiple routes through levels introduced (as seen in Industrial Rooftops etc)
Faster and easily controlable Lara/Kurtis
Lara's Mansion - ill explain later...

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=75853
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=74943
http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/angelofdarknessfirstinlaratrilogy.shtml

"Our plan for the trilogy is very much to have one out every 12 months" this comment belongs to Core co-founder Jeremy Heath-Smith. With Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness facing constant delays and a European release not yet confirmed, although June 27th on PS2 and July 7th for PC are the most likely dates, you would expect comments about future games to be more modest.

But Heath-Smith, speaking to Computer & Video Games, insisted that AOD was part of a trilogy and that progress on the other two TR titles has already been made, with the final two parts bringing Lara back to her roots.
Even though the dark streets of Paris and Prague do give the game an intriguing atmosphere Heath-Smith claims We don't think we went traditional enough with this game. For the next one, we want to bring the dinosaurs back. According to Core then, even though this game marks Lara's return to old form, the next two games will put her right back into familiar surroundings.
Lara's pretty good in Paris, but in hindsight, we were scared of taking her straight back to tombs. We thought people had had enough of tombs, but the reality is, I don't think people can get enough of tombs and all that stuff. So we're gonna go pretty big on that.

So how far along its development is the AOD sequel? According to Heath-Smith, ...all the design and locations are done, lots of sketches have been done... and we have the main character! Despite all the fuss about the current Lara game, Core are determined to be on schedule with the next two titles. On their side is the fact that both of the follow-up games will utilize the same engine and basic technology as AOD.
So Core, in their own words, are not going to ...touch the technology, so we're going to play with the storyline - and our plan is to spin the next one in a year. Our plan is to have it, I'm hoping, before June next year. Worst case would be in a year, but hopefully before that.

"The overall goal for us was let's use the Nephilim theme and run it across all three games. For us it was great because the second game is going to be a belter, it's very Tomb Raider. It's set in the Nephilim realm under Turkey, Cappadocia. It's all temples and tombs and lost cities, which is all very Tomb Raider-esque; full of fantasy grounded in reality."

Horrible! Heh, saying legendize AOD is like speaking blasphemy. It is fine though to point out that the loading methods could be changed, and her movements are a bit sluggish? but overall, I wouldn't want to see any Legend elements/influences on my fav. TR.

I liked the upgrades, or at least the idea of them, in how they might have been. It would have been cool, imo, to see how Core would have made Lara gain points for intelligence versus physical and maybe something else, throughout the game, err, as the player progressed. I really wanted to see that. Anyway, that added in as well would make a remake of the game damn well worth buying.

UGH if only EIDOS didn't push them

Character evolution
Improve Lara's abilities and witness her adapt to how you play the game. You are rewarded for puzzle solving and exploration in the form of improvements to Lara's jumping ability, brainpower, upper body strength etc.
Character interaction
For the very first time in a Tomb Raider game, Lara has the ability to talk to characters. The choices you make in conversation will affect Lara?s route through the game.
Cutting edge graphics
Brand new game engine designed to fully utilize the power of PlayStation 2. Lara is now made up of over 5,000 polygons as opposed to just 500 in previous games.
Take more direct and fluid control over Lara with an entirely new control system and experience new levels of gameplay with hand-to-hand combat, stealth attacks, last chance grabs and more.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=2867950&pid=468726

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?pid=468726&sid=2867957&tab=related

OK yall now 4 the great news...

LΞGΞND
21st Oct 2006, 01:46
I have been sick with a very high fever... (39-41 maby 42 degrees wow)

and I kept passing out... and when I did I had crazy dreams... one being AOD part 2.. COOOL!!!

Anybody wanna hear?

LΞGΞND
21st Oct 2006, 02:32
note: I dreamed this in game style, much better controles and not game grf-x(thats the odd this) it was motion picture Angelina jolie... and

she kills the sleeper and Karel (played by Neil Patrick Harris)
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/newpost.jpg
when lara walks out... (AODi) she walks into the shadows and sucumbs to her wound... then she blacks out...

she then has flash backs in reverse order from when von Croy got killed and all the way to egypt... she wakes up in a African tribal tent, the shaman saved her... or so she learnt later... she was wearing her TLR ourfit, tourn and dirty, with some tribal stuff...http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/nadapost2.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/nadapost1.jpg

Lara uses some of her multi lang's to try and comunicate... but imbarases herself as the shaman speeks english, sorta,http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/more.jpg

as Lara gets a recap on what happend she relises that she has been in and out of a coma for at least a year and 1/4. she looks for her back pack and politely askes for it... the shaman leads her to the cave where she put her stuff...

No when the "cinimatic ends, and I controle Jolie" I have to go through a sorta training course in wich its hard coz ur basicly as weak as you are at the start of AODi...

in the course your goal is to get ur pack pack and guns, the shaman explained that by completing this you will have deserved your life back... wierd... at first u are meant to fail... coz there will be a ceremony type thing that night... were you will be taught more of ur future and past...

That night (BTW it's now an FMV) the whole tribe gathers round a fire and they dance and do rituals... but when a shooting star pases over laras position the fire turns blue and Seth's face apears... the tribe staggers and hides for cover... while lara stands up and walks to the fire... the shaman tries to stop her but she, not rudly but abruptly, shoves her away, lara then reaches for the fire, then Seth's face turns to an Eagle thats talons grap laras shoulders... it disapears and turns into Werner offering to help lara to safety... he reaches and reaches but lara says shes fine and falls into the fire (into a memory) u replay the last part of TLR and as u want to get out u stagger and sucumb to ur wounds... Werner reaches and you reach back, but it all colapses and she falls through the fire into the cool night dirt... and all you hear is urself sayin not again, not again...

LΞGΞND
21st Oct 2006, 02:38
There is more, but i'll tell later... I'm still tired... night night...

Terminatorvs
21st Oct 2006, 04:32
I've been having some ideas of what happened too. Posted it on http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=58425&page=17
, even though I wasn't having that kind of dreams. The idea is great - you've been thinking about the plot a lot (I'm rhiming), you have the fever, and you'r brain actually showed you a motion picture.
Stay warm, Legend, and get well.

aussie500
21st Oct 2006, 09:48
Hope you feel better soon LΞGΞND, the dream you had sounds fantastic, would be nice if Eidos and Paramount would come up with something like that for the 3rd movie, then make Tomb raider 9 the concluding part of the AOD trilogy. Only one thing, Lara never killed Karel and the sleeper at the end of AOD ;)

LΞGΞND
21st Oct 2006, 20:44
Thanx all of you... :) , my fever has droped... and my examinations stated that i was on the verge of phneumonia... dono how...

Anyway... D'ja wanna hear the rest of the story?

PS: lol. Aus, yeh... hap a tipo there... the sanglyph's beams killed him, but when I played the game and saw the cinimatic I thought that part was too childish... in my motion-dream she partialy killed him outa rage (bullettime kinda shot in the shoulder...) and as he healed all the beams came...:D

LΞGΞND
21st Oct 2006, 21:05
LoL. I made this on Garry's Mod...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/Image5.jpg

Headache
21st Oct 2006, 21:14
I actually like your idea LΞGΞND. :)

(And that graphic is pretty snazzy :thumbsup:)

Terminatorvs
22nd Oct 2006, 04:22
Only one thing, Lara never killed Karel and the sleeper at the end of AOD ;)
How is that? I saw them die in agony in the flash of light.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/Image5.jpg
Pretty cool!
By the way, what happened in the end of your dream?

shirl123
22nd Oct 2006, 07:13

he was supposed to be back as the main baddie in AOD2, if I remember correctly.

aussie500
22nd Oct 2006, 08:42

Nephlim are both immortal and powerful, the sangliph could not harm the sleeper, merely unleash some of the power of the sleeper (and possibly awaken him). Just as power was released and used by ekhardt when the sangliph was reformed, so power was released and used by Karel when the sangliph touched the sleeper. It did look painfull but no doubt both sleeper and karel ended up elsewhere safe and sound ready to cause trouble in Turkey for the second part of the trilogy. In one of the Core interviews we were told Lara had given Karel everything he needed in order to restore the Nephlim race and he had returned to the nephlim stronghold in Turkey to start the process. No doubt what he needed was both the sangliph and the sleeper....although in the original formation of the nephlim a few beautiful human females were needed as well, perhaps karel had plans for Lara

Terminatorvs
22nd Oct 2006, 12:58
Oh. All right then. Nevertheless, Lara has enough crystal shards to kill as much nephelims as she likes. When I played "AoD" recently, I had 21 shard in the end:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Terminatorvs/21shard.jpg
Some people claim to have had more than 50 shards in the end. Yes, It's another bug.

LΞGΞND
28th Oct 2006, 06:42
Here it is:

Lara then wakes up shouting I will not lose my life again!* she relises shes in the long hallway of Ekards lab, examining what happend and trying to figure out how long shes been out... then the "game play" returnd and I was in the controle of Angie again. The place was shook up from the beams and flying objects as you move through the tunnel and struggle up... gripping on cracks, some Legend-ish moves, but ur grip is realy low coz of ur injury... when you get back into the lab, u see the place is messed up, but there is blood every-were some guards layd against the walls and floor, pale as hell, blood comin out their eyes, their chests looks kinda crushed... (trust me, I have a powersfull imagination, so it was horible!)

(from here it started looking like a game again, realy good graphics)
She took some time to patch herself up, lifted her sorta torn top up just under her breasts and revealed a small shrapnel wound... path here,there,wipe,stick,throw away...

she then took out the chirgui-thing (kurt blade) it swivled, and pointed to the lab entrance... as she put it was putting it away she heard the sound of metal against concrete,sliding,scraping.. she spun around and dodged the skeleton's blade, it tried to hit her with it's other arm but she blocked and threw it back. It then lunged forward, rather crookedly, and she triped it, drew her pistol and shot it a couple o times, it slip the blade over the floor and hit her boot causing her to trip and fall... it was ontop of her and was going lke crazy... in the comotion it hit her wound and she kicked it off. drew both guns and fired away occasionally adding a kick... she then threw the Mucked up corps idown the water pit...

she turned around holding her wound, wich started blleding again, andwalked towards the door, picking up her other Vector on the way, when she came back up she was being pounced by a odd shadowy fiqure, she fell back and broke through the floor and fell into blackness...

duh... shes unconsiose...

She wakes up in Egypt... along with the shaman and some other tribe members... she has her backpack and one sorta rusty pistol... and a robe/cape thing for the sun.

Obviosly she was leaving, she mounted a camal and said her goodbyes...

___long part skiped___

she was back in England in the docks, onboard a huge cargo ship. She got snuck off and out the dock...

later ariving in her home neigborhood... ( this part was sad, like I felt her emotions) she was infront of her Mansion... and she sees the statue... damn painfull.. a horror struck her... but she new that itll be allright now... now that shes back at her home, with her family... or would it...

more to come...

aussie500
29th Oct 2006, 02:40
Sounds pretty good, keep going :D

Sophia Leigh
30th Oct 2006, 05:32
The must continue the AOD trilogy!!!

I can give reasons why

unfinished story
un awnserd questions
no link 6-7
no reveal 4-5-6
and more...
I have a feeling they might continue the story in the DVD format, pending the success of AOD in this format... we shall see.

P.S Doogie Houser (spelling?) :lol: Nice match :thumbsup:

aussie500
30th Oct 2006, 13:54
iDVD is fine by me ;)

LΞGΞND
12th Nov 2006, 13:58
Sorry, once again... you'll have to excuse my absence for a while...
if you don't mind...

I will finish this, I just have some rather personel probs.

Heres a sneak peek till I return... in the meen time keep this thread going, convince any ppl who dont think they should continue!

PS: those who havent signed the petition plz do... If u want them to continue.

http://www.petitiononline.com/aodtri/petition.html

I'm number 746...

ditom
14th Nov 2006, 20:47
I'm number 750 :)

aussie500
14th Nov 2006, 23:07
l am number 752 could have sworn l signed it as Annette earlier but having looked through all the signatures cannot find my name. l must have signed some other AOD petition :scratch:

Kipros
25th Nov 2006, 15:53
Tell us the rest of your dream Legend! It sounds cool but is really confussing :scratch: hope your ok x

Kipros
25th Nov 2006, 16:09
iDVD is fine by me ;)

Yeh, a DVD would be good or a book or something! God I really want to know the rest! :p

burt_ie
26th Nov 2006, 10:46
I don't think they should continue the AOD story.
Why?? Because it was bad part o the TR saga which removed TR away from its roots and tried to turn it into something it is not.
In my opinion I don't think they should continue the Legend story in the next game either. None of the first 4 TR games had a story that carried on from the last. Each game had a new story with new artifacts etc and I think this is great as it makes it more refreshing and new and also that you have to learn what the game is all about as you are playing which makes it more interesting as you don't have a clue what to expect.

shirl123
26th Nov 2006, 12:01
true, AOD was a bad GAME. but not a bad PLOT.
IMO, the plot should be continued (although I wouldn't be upset if it wont)...but not as a "normal" PC game, since most people remember AOD for bad reasons. should be continued...as a DVD game, or a book. :)

I disagree with you about not having constant plots. I think it makes the games more shallow that way (as for not having 'em...), and besides...the older games, as much as I love them, had "weak" plots (besides TR1, that had a good ACTION plot, but nothing deep or interesting). if you ever get to play games such as "the longest journey", you'll understand why a deep(er) plot is a big plus for the game and the game-play, and that's something we didn't have on the classic TR's. a constant plot is the solution in this case.

edit: oh, and she did find her artifact :) I'm sure she'll look for something new on TR8 ;)

burt_ie
26th Nov 2006, 14:10
Very valid points, but also having a continues plot can get a bit confusing if it gets to deep or complicated.
New people to the franchise can get confused or lost as they have not played the whole saga and it may put them off.

Mr.LaraCroft
26th Nov 2006, 18:28
i think maybe they should stick with legend for tr8 and then after like in tr8 they can add something at the end that would kind of be telling people they are gonna continue AOD..and also they should just keep the legend engine but just make the clothes like from AOD..cause i really want to know what happened because it was just wide open and i don't like when things end like that..and also because AOD got so many bad reviews from the fans i think if they make another one off the story from AOD then people will be like oh okay their trying to make up for what happened with AOD and then eveyone would be happy..and the plot from AOD was good..

shirl123
26th Nov 2006, 19:15
Very valid points, but also having a continues plot can get a bit confusing if it gets to deep or complicated.
New people to the franchise can get confused or lost as they have not played the whole saga and it may put them off.

thank you :) but as for that - heh, it wouldn't happen. you're forgetting that it's TR, an action game! :p
actually, that's a good exuse for them to complete it ;)

i think maybe they should stick with legend for tr8 and then after like in tr8 they can add something at the end that would kind of be telling people they are gonna continue AOD..and also they should just keep the legend engine but just make the clothes like from AOD..cause i really want to know what happened because it was just wide open and i don't like when things end like that..and also because AOD got so many bad reviews from the fans i think if they make another one off the story from AOD then people will be like oh okay their trying to make up for what happened with AOD and then eveyone would be happy..and the plot from AOD was good..

now THAT will be confusing! this is another reason why I'm against a "normal" PC game for AOD2.
btw, I've heard some-where that the Legend saga is a trilogy, so IF they'll continue AOD after that - we'll get AOD2 in 2010+...err...Duke Nuke'em Forever, anybody?
well, there's the DVD game for that, it gives AOD a better name/credit (I hope they'll release the 2nd and the 3rd parts of the trilogy, not just the 1st)... ;) but I would like to see it as a novel as well.

Advent-Lara
27th Nov 2006, 17:57
CVG have mobilised a new interview with Riley Cooper and Matthew Guzenda, both key architects on Tomb Raider Legend. The duo from Crystal Dynamics reflect on game length, the insatiable Lara Croft, and briefly touch on the tentatively titled Tomb Raider 8.

Mr.LaraCroft
27th Nov 2006, 20:35
now THAT will be confusing! this is another reason why I'm against a "normal" PC game for AOD2.
btw, I've heard some-where that the Legend saga is a trilogy, so IF they'll continue AOD after that - we'll get AOD2 in 2010+...err...Duke Nuke'em Forever, anybody?
well, there's the DVD game for that, it gives AOD a better name/credit (I hope they'll release the 2nd and the 3rd parts of the trilogy, not just the 1st)... ;) but I would like to see it as a novel as well.

yea that is confusing i know..but i really want them to continue it..maybe they will maybe they won't..i hope they do though..where did you hear that Legend's a trilogy?

shirl123
27th Nov 2006, 21:01
yea that is confusing i know..but i really want them to continue it..maybe they will maybe they won't..i hope they do though..where did you hear that Legend's a trilogy?

to be honest, I don't remember...I'm pretty sure I saw it on these forums, it was long ago. :scratch:

LΞGΞND
15th Dec 2006, 17:38
It's now 794 signatures!! great!!!
why can't Crystal Dynamics just buy Core Design's staff? Take the benifits into mind... they both are CD, so Core's people will have no problem adjusting to Crystal's people...
The Tomb Raider Saga will only get better... Crystal's Graphics exCore's ragdoll physics and cinimatic cam angles. TR 1-6 developers said that Tomb Raider was a action adventure game with a cinimatic touch...
the only level on Legend that felt like TR 1-6 for me was Ghana. Go play TR4 and TR2 then ull see that the levels feel and cam angles feel like the previose games. espescialy the part were lara pulls a lever of presure pad and the cam glides and slides through gaps to reveal what uve activated... go on... ull see...

now back to the dream... not much further now...

she walked to the front door and found that it's unlocked... naturally she opened it and sorta sneaked in. everything was nice and clean and well managed by Winston, who came through the kitchen arch with his classic Blue tea pot and cup. #READ BELOW# He was shocked to see lara and droped the set, simutainiously with a noise from the living room. She heard a sound behind her and looked back, when she looked forward she saw that the lights were out, room lit by moon light, and everything was covered with whitwe cloth, the celing collapsed and a boulders crushed the seroundings, one fell on winston and the set came roling down infront of lara, sand then fell on her and she awoke.

Echard's lab had indeed colapsed somewhat suported by the roofs wood collums. the crushed winston was the second skeleton and lights were out but a low light came from the electric equipment in the lab.
from here I don't remember much but picture this... the whole Strahov level onwards destroyed and freaky dark filled with experiments (weak) and Cabal soldiers. After the Mad house level
you see that ur ways cut off. and ur trapped in the underground fortress. And naturally Lara does what archaeologist do best... dig (amanda joke, lol.)
you then find ur way in another unfound tomb, think = the developers and masterminds behind TR 1-6 tombs came together once more to bring life to the saga. (in other words = the best designed tomb yet!)
utilising all of the movements that were iconic in the previose games nl. monkey climb, ropes (hidden, some have to be relesed by gun) destructable walls (to reveal passages and secrets) enemies (creatures, rats, zombish stuff, statues, Boss Statue, (fights you whilst he holds the celing thats a route to your escape #READ BELOW# somewhere outside (far outside) the city...

Now part 2's end is outside back at laras house... she plns to go to turkey...

#LARAS HOUSE#(After I woke up I figured out that, why would he have it when there was no lady to serve? that's when I also remembered a woman (maby Amanda) sitting in a white lether chair (from legend) in the living room, I left this out cos it woulnd make sense with AOD2, when the house collapsed, she fled, thats the noise from the living room)

#TOMB IN TOMB# I added my ideas to the tomb after I woke up to make it more interesting... i love my mind...
That part was a main and long part of the game, showing the player that after the RPG stuff in AODpart 1 (strengs, speed, climb upgrades) that Lara is ready to hit the tombs again.
The cabal soldiers follow you into the tomb, coz they wanna get out too. you hear some talking bout a white angel like creature eating their comrads...(remember corpses in Echard lab)
The boss has an interactive scene (not like LEGEND) you have to dodge the giant statues attacks and destroy him. the celing looks like a circle withe a sun in the middle. The sun thing rotates from time to time and the statue rotates with it untill it stops. he has six arms, one one head two faces, 2 legs, elephantish feat, and a tail that splits into three at the middle...
you must destroy the 4 arms holding the room and attack the other 2, he swithces the arms acording to the celings rotates. when he only has 2 arms left hell concintrates on holding the sun part and squising you with its feat. if you destroy any of his supporting parts he collapses and dropes the sun part revealing a dome covered with blue gems and glowing yellow gems in the middle. through-out ur way in the tomb you must combine stuff like in TR 4-5 to open doors and stuff. you also see a couple of FMV's that explain about the people who lived here.
They were prisoners who got banned here and help to the end of their days... the sun celing was made to show them what they lost in doing their sins. nl. paradise in heaven. gems = riches blue gems = sky yellow gems = sun. and the statue revealed this to them time to time to gloat. saying theil never acend to the paradise... thats the clue to getting out. you must go into the light... nl. the sun, you exit the tomb via the tunnel behind the sun gems.

LΞGΞND
15th Dec 2006, 18:11
:lol: hahaha
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Laurence_croft/Tomb%20Raider/12.jpg
:lol: hahaha

Mr.LaraCroft
16th Dec 2006, 02:26
what's so FUNNY?

LΞGΞND
16th Dec 2006, 10:15
Just the cover I made... imagine it was real...
so what d"ja think bout the story?

ditom
16th Dec 2006, 21:57
It's not funny.

LΞGΞND
18th Dec 2006, 11:27
It's not funny.

The pic or the rest of the story?

Deadly47
18th Dec 2006, 14:31
Both are funny. They should make a remake last revoultion instead.

ditom
19th Dec 2006, 16:02
:scratch:

LaraGirl216
20th Dec 2006, 07:07
Both are funny. They should make a remake last revoultion instead.

NO they shouldn't I am not saying revalation was bad it's just that...

Why on Earth would that make any sense?!?! :nut:

Deadly47
20th Dec 2006, 14:32
Why because there are many who dont have it. Also its a important limstone for lara. That and you wount understand chronicles at all. :D

streetracerx
20th Dec 2006, 19:03
[guys look here will in he next tomb raider that was comeing out n 2007-2008 on ps2 we may need some more online play or some more level not to short or not to longe rahter

LΞGΞND
16th Jan 2007, 01:38
OK, for some wierd reason I am confident that CD will not screw up the next TR game... nothing more nothing less...

unless!!! you count the fact that the only reason it could be a f**** up is if EIDOS told them to make a game wich only CORE couldve!!!...

but, that's spectulation, and I want AOD to go-on... Legends just doesnt feel right to me you know?

so, I dono... maby it's just something in me that trusts CD, SINCE THEY MADE SOUL REAVER!!! YAH!!! C'MON YELL ALL!!! but seriosly... yeh, I still wanna know, is CORE still alive?

aussie500
16th Jan 2007, 06:55
but seriosly... yeh, I still wanna know, is CORE still alive?

In spirit, they work at the Derby branch of Rebellion now, developing games other than Tomb Raider, their next game will be free running on PSP and PS2, using the same engine they would have used on the 10th Anniversary game.
http://www.freerunning.com/

LΞGΞND
28th Jan 2007, 13:22
Why thank you mr.Bond, why doesnt CD (2) hire CD (1) staff... dreamy...

LΞGΞND
13th Feb 2007, 17:58
sooo... Do any of you think now that the first TR is being made over thayll continue the AOD series?

shirl123
13th Feb 2007, 18:14
sooo... Do any of you think now that the first TR is being made over thayll continue the AOD series?

they have to finish the Legend saga at first like they promissed (TR:AE is just a "bonus" game). after that? who knows, all is possible. ;)
however, you saw what happend to the DVD AOD game...

Mertz523
14th Feb 2007, 03:27
I don't know if this is true, but I heard just before AOD was released that they would have made the AOD trilogy and close it up with a third Tomb Raider film.

AOD was the worst Tomb Raider game, and I just keep kicking myself for selling my PS1 and 4 games just to get $40 off this game upon its release. Buggy, glitchy, clunky, yet fun at times. Wasn't worth what I paid to get it, though.

The one thing that kept me going were the graphics and the story. Kurtis Trent was a nice addition (I never beat Boaz, I got a code to skip that level) and it would be nice to see him return in the third film (which is in early script stages). I do agree they should close up the AOD storyline, but maybe just close it up with the third film with more history, mystery, and tombs, and of course, bring back Kurtis.

That's my 2 cents on the AOD storyline. Now bring on Tomb Raider 8, the continuation of the superb Tomb Raider: Legend. Will it be released on PS2?

aussie500
14th Feb 2007, 04:29
At the moment Tomb Raider 8 looks like being released on PS3, XBox 360 and PC with Crystal Dynamics doing the PS3 version and possibly the other 2 being ports done by Nixxes. Have not even heard a whiff of a rumour yet about a current gen version, starting to give up hope. Tomb Raider 8 has always been described as the next gen game in development, and Anniversary as the last PS2 Tomb Raider, does not look good for a current gen version of Tomb raider 8 :(

LΞGΞND
17th Feb 2007, 14:08
they have to finish the Legend saga at first like they promissed (TR:AE is just a "bonus" game). after that? who knows, all is possible. ;)
however, you saw what happend to the DVD AOD game...

AOD isnt bad luck, they just don't listen to us (fans) how to make it great... like their pulling an EA

I don't know if this is true, but I heard just before AOD was released that they would have made the AOD trilogy and close it up with a third Tomb Raider film.

AOD was the worst Tomb Raider game, and I just keep kicking myself for selling my PS1 and 4 games just to get $40 off this game upon its release. Buggy, glitchy, clunky, yet fun at times. Wasn't worth what I paid to get it, though.

The one thing that kept me going were the graphics and the story. Kurtis Trent was a nice addition (I never beat Boaz, I got a code to skip that level) and it would be nice to see him return in the third film (which is in early script stages). I do agree they should close up the AOD storyline, but maybe just close it up with the third film with more history, mystery, and tombs, and of course, bring back Kurtis.

That's my 2 cents on the AOD storyline. Now bring on Tomb Raider 8, the continuation of the superb Tomb Raider: Legend. Will it be released on PS2?

I'd like the 3rd movie to conclude AOD,

At the moment Tomb Raider 8 looks like being released on PS3, XBox 360 and PC with Crystal Dynamics doing the PS3 version and possibly the other 2 being ports done by Nixxes. Have not even heard a whiff of a rumour yet about a current gen version, starting to give up hope. Tomb Raider 8 has always been described as the next gen game in development, and Anniversary as the last PS2 Tomb Raider, does not look good for a current gen version of Tomb raider 8 :(

I dont realy care bout the PS2... I gotta PC and 360... planning on getting a PS3, but I hope it can play PS and PS2 games aswell

shirl123
17th Feb 2007, 15:26
AOD isnt bad luck, they just don't listen to us (fans) how to make it great... like their pulling an EA

just a reminder: AOD killed the series (with the 2nd TR movie), the majority of fans HATED it, the critics gave it 6 out of 10... and when the DVD game finally had the chance to revive it - it didn't happen. AOD is burned out, mate. :-/

okay, so maybe it had a storyline with some potential (sorry, it isn't a masterpiece. want to play a game with a good storyline? look for "the longest journey"), but so did TRL's ending. I don't know what about you, but I'm very curious about the whole Lara-in-Avalon. ;)
there's no use in crying over one, when you can get an new & improved other. CD can still come up with a darker and/or deeper plot.

unlike what-ever-happend-to-Core, CD ARE listening to the fans. you're even insulting them when you say that they aren't: CD changed many things in AE just to please us, the fans. the braid is back (sort of), they changed her looks from the early versions, the game is supposed to be longer and more difficult - something that most of us complained about TRL.
don't forget that they just had their first step, so they couldn't do much with TRL.

I admit that I'm not a fan of the AE-idea, but don't forget Core also worked on their own AE back then, so I guess it's Eidos' "fault". ;)
so please give CD some credit, they deserve it. :)

aussie500
18th Feb 2007, 02:01
Why because there are many who dont have it. Also its a important limstone for lara. That and you wount understand chronicles at all. :D

Well if they do not already have it they can just go out and buy a copy, there was nothing exceptional about Tomb Raider 4 and l doubt if anyone in their right mind would ever remake it

LΞGΞND
29th Mar 2007, 09:07
1209 Total Signatures
@ THE AOD PETITION

Kipros
11th Apr 2007, 17:42
Hmm... impressive, but I don't think it will work. :(
You'll need a hell of a lot more signatures than that.

LΞGΞND
12th Apr 2007, 11:17
Hmm... impressive, but I don't think it will work. :(
You'll need a hell of a lot more signatures than that.

Mmm, yeh, Did you sign? if not then do... meow,

BTW,

1238 Total Signatures
@ THE AOD PETITION

Phlip
12th Apr 2007, 11:27
I've already signed the petition :)

And I'd really like the story to continue with the Legend engine, that would be great :D

LΞGΞND
12th Apr 2007, 11:55
I've already signed the petition :)

And I'd really like the story to continue with the Legend engine, that would be great :D

Yeh, But I would like them to keep the Basic CORE engine stuff and change the graphics, only the graphics,

ElevenTR
12th Apr 2007, 12:13
Character evolution
Improve Lara's abilities and witness her adapt to how you play the game. You are rewarded for puzzle solving and exploration in the form of improvements to Lara's jumping ability, brainpower, upper body strength etc.
Character interaction
For the very first time in a Tomb Raider game, Lara has the ability to talk to characters. The choices you make in conversation will affect Lara?s route through the game.
Cutting edge graphics
Brand new game engine designed to fully utilize the power of PlayStation 2. Lara is now made up of over 5,000 polygons as opposed to just 500 in previous games.
Take more direct and fluid control over Lara with an entirely new control system and experience new levels of gameplay with hand-to-hand combat, stealth attacks, last chance grabs and more.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=2867950&pid=468726

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?pid=468726&sid=2867957&tab=related

OK yall now 4 the great news...

its Tomb Raider not the Sims!!!

LΞGΞND
12th Apr 2007, 12:21
its Tomb Raider not the Sims!!!

HaHa:rasp:

Vey funny, so you like games where , lets say, Lara can move a giant bouilder with one hand, where she is super strong and knows everything like tin that cheap show Relic Hunter?

I on the other hand like realistic games, brain- physical- puzzles,
and the series has mto evolve,

ElevenTR
12th Apr 2007, 12:36
HaHa:rasp:

Vey funny, so you like games where , lets say, Lara can move a giant bouilder with one hand, where she is super strong and knows everything like tin that cheap show Relic Hunter?

I on the other hand like realistic games, brain- physical- puzzles,
and the series has mto evolve,

She isn't super strong, if there's something in the way, she'll blow it up. :)
And if she needs to know something, she do research. ;)

Think about these things before you say them! :rasp:

LΞGΞND
12th Apr 2007, 13:58
She isn't super strong, if there's something in the way, she'll blow it up. :)
And if she needs to know something, she do research. ;)

Think about these things before you say them! :rasp:

Yeh, but I'm talking about AOD, where she hasnt been to Her house since TR4,:rasp:

Kipros
14th Apr 2007, 11:07
Mmm, yeh, Did you sign? if not then do... meow,

I did sign actually :rasp: but I recon it's too late now, that's all I'm saying :rolleyes:

Kipros
14th Apr 2007, 11:16
It's a shame though, I think that was my favourite game :]

vaseline0012
7th May 2007, 11:14
AOD is quite good~Why people dun like it?:scratch:

Atheist
7th May 2007, 11:31
I want it all. ;)

LOL you've got the Queen song in my head now :lmao:

LΞGΞND
18th May 2007, 20:30
LOL you've got the Queen song in my head now :lmao:

DAMN! SAME HERE!!

Atheist
18th May 2007, 21:12
I think they should make a new game after Legend II that explains how Lara escaped TRLR first of all, then what happened to Kurtis, and then finish the game with no questions un answered.

Then AOD will be finished, Tomb Raider can move on and AOD fans can shut the hell up for once.

I would actaully quite like a game explaining how Lara escaped Egypt, and it would be a good idea to merge that with the final part of AOD.

It would'nt be so bad. If they had a good explination and beliveable story combined with exciting and logical gameplay to finish off the LR cliffhanger, AOD haters would'nt care so much that it was an AOD game.

Also, make sure you've got some familer LR scenery, and it would feel more like a classic Tomb Raider game!

cazzer
19th May 2007, 15:32
Then AOD will be finished, Tomb Raider can move on and AOD fans can shut the hell up for once.

AOD fans?:nut:
is there such thing?:lol:

ditom
19th May 2007, 19:12
I'm AOD fan.

StarChampagne
20th May 2007, 13:23
AOD fans?:nut:
is there such thing?:lol:

Unless I am a figment of someone's imagination... :D

LisaB1962
20th May 2007, 14:38
Yes, there's quite a few really. In the way that many folks were able to overlook Legend's shortcomings and love it, some folks are able to ignore AOD's massive faults and love it too. I can understand why they do, I just can't muster the patience to do so myself. I'm on a "low frustration" diet. :cool:

cazzer
20th May 2007, 15:54
Unless I am a figment of someone's imagination... :D
i was a AOD fan, i used to be one when it first came out but when i completed it i found that all of its faults stood out a lot.:o