PDA

View Full Version : No Water!

Jyekkil
8th Oct 2006, 16:47
can anyone help?
for some reason there is no water texturing apart from the lapping waves!
well, I say there isn't, from what I can tell it appears to be in the sky for some reason.
so I have untextured water and a very ugly looking sky.
please someone help!

intrepid_soul
8th Oct 2006, 16:52
can anyone help?
for some reason there is no water texturing apart from the lapping waves!
well, I say there isn't, from what I can tell it appears to be in the sky for some reason.
so I have untextured water and a very ugly looking sky.
please someone help!

I say update your video driver, if you have what is your card name and current driver date?

x-Ammo-Nx-x
9th Oct 2006, 17:03
I have the same problem and have the latest drivers.

System Setup.

3.0 P4
2gigs of Ram
Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

ktipr
22nd Oct 2006, 19:47
Yes i have the same problem too, i also have a ati radeon 9800 Pro, but i got the 128 MB version. Maybe the game is not fully co-operating with the 9800 pro?

Maxx_Fire
22nd Oct 2006, 20:38
Can u post dxdiag info please?

Major_A
23rd Oct 2006, 08:44
My brother in law has this game with a 9800 Pro and it works fine. I believe he is running the Catalyst 6.7 drivers. I say that with some amount of confidence because I'm the only person that updates his machine.

ktipr
24th Oct 2006, 12:03
Ah i've got it too. I installed the latest video card drivers, and the newest directX, and now it works fine. Apart from the usual lag, but that's just my CPU getting old.

Dabien
2nd Nov 2006, 01:36
I've had the same problem, running an ATI Asus X1600, a gb of ram, dualcore Intel 1.86gb processor

All I saw when I first started the game was a vast sandy ground >_<

I've changed changing all the settings to no avail, and I'm running the latest graphics drivers.

Pshaw, damn Eidos, forcing a game out without it actually working properly

~Dab

moosa12
2nd Nov 2006, 01:56
Mind posting a screen shot?

Does your water look like this?

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9747/h2obd2.th.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=h2obd2.jpg)

Dabien
2nd Nov 2006, 13:56
Sure thing

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/654/justcausenowaterwl6.th.png (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=justcausenowaterwl6.png)

As you can see, it just looks like a standard sandy hill. The only effect you can see is the tide moving... looks wierdly like a kind of wind.

~Dab

moosa12
2nd Nov 2006, 17:04
Sure thing

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/654/justcausenowaterwl6.th.png (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=justcausenowaterwl6.png)

As you can see, it just looks like a standard sandy hill. The only effect you can see is the tide moving... looks wierdly like a kind of wind.

~Dab

Try updating you chipset driver and make sure you have
sp2 installed.
Also I'll try get to the same place that you are so that I can do
a direct comparison once I get home. :)

Dabien
2nd Nov 2006, 19:06
I'm on the latest drivers - I even tried a rollback to a previous driver at one point which didn't work either. SP2 is installed too. Tis like that where ever I stand, but thats near one of the safe houses, out on a lil island,where you first get the jeep as the heavy drop.

~Dab

moosa12
4th Nov 2006, 02:36
I can't seem to find that spot you are standing on. Mind posting
the whole map? Thanks! :)

moosa12
6th Nov 2006, 03:51
Never mind, I actually found the exact place.
Now let me do some research on your card and I'll get
back to you as soon as possible.

bTW: what type of card do you have?
I know is a x1600, but is it a x1600, x1600pro, x1600XT?
And what is the ram size for that card?

Dabien
6th Nov 2006, 04:58
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I'd not been on the game in a few days.. no water annoys me..

Heres 2 of the map.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/platos2k/map1.png

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/platos2k/map2.png

Dabien
6th Nov 2006, 04:59
Bah, didn't see that last post... anyways, its a plain X1600, 256mb

~Dab

moosa12
7th Nov 2006, 02:50
hmm...
after doing some research on your card, there isn't
anything different that I see that would make you not see "water"
during game play.

What you can do is try this...
Follow these steps in the order that is given.
Note: Read all the direction first before you
perform them!

1. Go to the AMD's site and download
the latest driver for your graphic card.
link (https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27)

2. Download "Microsoft .Net Framework" and "Catalyst Control Center Package".
If you already have .net framework 2.0 installed then you do not
need to download .netframework.
The site has it labeled as 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.

3. Go to this site site (http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php)

4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and there should
be a download link. Click on it to download "drivercleaner" professional.

5. Once you have drivercleaner downloaded, extract it and then install it.
But do not run it yet.

6. After you have verified both the .net framework and ati drivers
are downloaded.
Go to add and remove programs and uninstall your Ati video card drivers.
If you see anything else that belongs to Ati (except for Ati IGP or which is also know at the Ati chipset. You will only have a Ati chipset
if and only if your motherboard is using one.) remove them too.
Now if the system requires you to restart, do not restart yet!

7. After you have uninstall all of the components that belong to Ati
launch the program "DriverCleaner"

8. In the drivercleaner program, select the option:
"select multiple cleaning filters"

9. Now under "Cleaning Selection" click the South pointing arrow
and a drop down menu will appear. In this list you should see
graphic cards from various manufactures.
Select everything that belongs to Ati except for
Ati IGP (read note)
Note: If you don't have a Ati chipset based motherboard
then add the Ati IGP to your remove list.

10. After you have finished your selection, click on
the "start" button. Now drivercleaner will remove
additional junks that was not remove by the
driver uninstaller itself. This may take a while so be patient.
Also "show or hide details" is optional, it just lets you see what's
being deleted.

11. Once the program has done cleaning, restart your PC.

12. After your PC has restarted, the icons and text size should look really
huge, don't worry about it, that's normal. A windows will appear
saying that it has found a new hardware (which is your video card) ignore it.

13. Now first install .net framework 2.0 if you don't have it in the first place. If you already have .net framework 2.0 installed, then install the latest
graphic card driver you have downloaded.
Once .net framework 2.0 is installed, do not restart your PC

14. Once it's installed, restart your PC readjust your resolution
and fired up the game and try again.

darkavenger06
25th Dec 2006, 21:51
Hi guys, i seem to be having the same problem! I cant believe how crap the support is for this game. Eidos used to be a good company in my eyes and i have always thought highly of them, but because of the many issues in this game and no patch after 3 months, despite knowing these issues, it just seems like eidos dont care! Thats customer service for you!

Problems with the game after playing for 20 mins:

Water is clear instead of blue, i cant even see it! The only reason i know its there is because i see boats hovering 10ft above the floor, and the shore line is visible as the waves splash onto the beach. Other than that... wtf is going on ?

No mouse support in menu's! I mean come on Eidos, u cannot rip a damn console game and just leave everything exactly as it is, expecting it to work perfect for every pc in the world! PC's have a mouse, so use it! You wouldnt miss out buttons when configuring the console version!

Buildings not even touching the floor! Another issue... i mean did ur 10 year old kids make this game? Can you even allign buildings properly?

Loading issues, when playing the game and moving into a crowded area i experience about 5 seconds of loading issues which seems like a crash. This is not because i have a crap pc either. I have a gaming pc and a laptop, so far i have only played this on my laptop, and its a damn good one!

Bought my laptop last week, updated everything, drivers, windows etc so there are no excuses for the problem being my laptop. It has no spyware, viruses etc that would affect the performance of the game.

Another issue, when calling in a vehicle.... the helicopter flies over.... without a box in its winch, and it randomly creates a box in the sky and drops it!

My laptop specs are windows xp, service pack 2

t2300 dual core intel processor
1 gig of ddr 2 ram
100gig hard disk
ati mobility x1600 graphics

All capable of playing the game!

its been 3 months since the release of this game and still no patch. When games from EA come out they usually release a patch within 2 weeks to fix any issues. why cant Eidos do this?

Ryan

AGENT15
28th Dec 2006, 18:58
Well, I just got the game. I pplayed it, adn I had the same problem as anyone here. I updated my drivers and got the latest directX, but my water is missing, or it flashes on and off in a wierd pillar of blue everywhere. Basically, the same problem as everyone else.

My specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 2.4 Ghz
Motherboard: Biostar Gforce 6100
Video: Radeon X850 XT Platinum

AGENT15
31st Dec 2006, 06:11
590 views and NO FIXES? Could anyone post anything they know about this problem?

goergen
5th Feb 2007, 16:59
I have the same problem, i cant believe how anoying it is to have no water. Cause most of the beauty of the game is in the awesome blue water. Did anyone try the solution given by moosa12? cause i have the latest drivers, and they where already on my laptop when i baught it. So there is no use to clean it up, is there?

EDIT: I updated the drivers! and now i can see the water in my game! whooooohoooo!

(i have a ati mobility radeon x1400) i didn't update it from the ati-site, but some driversite i never heard of.

scottparkin69
9th Feb 2007, 11:40
Hi
i'am not having problems i just browsing i thought i'de butt in

the water problem if you read fully is a graphics card/driver issue not an issue with the game so why do they need to release a patch :scratch:

ive also noticed most of you are on laptops get the driver from your maker of you laptop not the maker of your card if you registar your laptop with most companys well toshiba at least they email you everytime theres an updated driver

scott