PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Karima Adebibe

ditom
7th Oct 2006, 20:25
Tell me what do you think about her?In my opinion she is the best model.

Terminatorvs
8th Oct 2006, 04:37
I'm indifferent to her. I only play the game for fun, nothing more.

blue_box
8th Oct 2006, 06:10
She's a posh woman, but doesn't look like Lara.

Sorin
8th Oct 2006, 10:13
She's a pretty little thing, but beyond that I'm neither here nor there about her in regards to Tomb Raider.

CatSuit&Ponytail
9th Oct 2006, 12:00
She's gorgeous, fit, funny, smart, sexy, adventuresome, friendly, and all together a great Lara model. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

ladylinnycroft
9th Oct 2006, 14:18
i think she's absolutely lovely and a great ambassador for Lara....the more photo shots i see of her the better she gets.....i think she's gorgeous down to earth and sexy....i wish i looked like that!

RuumTaedor
9th Oct 2006, 18:16
i think she's absolutely lovely and a great ambassador for Lara....the more photo shots i see of her the better she gets.....i think she's gorgeous down to earth and sexy....i wish i looked like that!
Just a bit of a tangent here. I recall your picture from your trip to Florida, and I think you look just fine, ladylinnycroft. :)

Headache
9th Oct 2006, 18:19
She's a pretty one for sure. But she just doesn't have the personality of Lara. Maybe looks, but that's different.

'Tis just my humble opinion though.

ladylinnycroft
9th Oct 2006, 18:28
Just a bit of a tangent here. I recall your picture from your trip to Florida, and I think you look just fine, ladylinnycroft. :)

aw what a sweetie!.....i gawn all shy now :o

RuumTaedor
9th Oct 2006, 23:28
aw what a sweetie!.....i gawn all shy now :o
Lol I like the way you put that.

I meant to say before that I wish I looked more like Kurtis. Not exactly like Kurtis, but I wish I had more bulk and special abilities like "farsee". Oh well, one must make the most of what one's got, and discover one's hidden potential (ohhh, that was deep).

Headache
9th Oct 2006, 23:32
I meant to say before that I wish I looked more like Kurtis. Not exactly like Kurtis, but I wish I had more bulk and special abilities like "farsee". Oh well, one must make the most of what one's got, and discover one's hidden potential (ohhh, what was deep).
Kurtis is a beast.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n96/IhateyourExistence/hottieedit.jpg

*drools and goes off into lala land...*

.....Uhhhh.... Sorry. :whistle:

RuumTaedor
10th Oct 2006, 03:10
Kurtis is a beast.

*drools and goes off into lala land...*

.....Uhhhh.... Sorry. :whistle:
<sigh>

Terminatorvs
10th Oct 2006, 04:30
Kurtis is another reason, why I think, that "AoD" is a disappointment. To my mind, Core shouldn't have introduced a male character to a game, where the main character is a female. It only works the other way around - example: "Max Payne 2". Whoops, I strayed away from the topic.

GumbyTheBorg
10th Oct 2006, 15:13
Karima is a fine looking woman. I think her body type fits the "Lara Croft" look perfectly, her accent is sexy (but then, I'm a sucker for woman with English or Australian accents) and she has that glint in her eyes which completely fits into the "Lara Croft" personality.

That being said, I think the real question is, would you like to date Karima? If the answer is yes, then she's obviously perfect for the role of Lara Croft. If the answer is no, then you are obviously one of the following:

1) Blind :cool:
2) Stupid :nut:
3) Gay ;) (not that gay people are blind and stupid, I make no inference to this, all I'm saying is that a gay guy would probably not date Karima seeing that she's not a man). That being said, a lesbian might :-)
4) Toddler :scratch: ... Well actually a toddler might be attracted to her breasts, :eek: but for entirely different reasons that grown man are attracted to breasts...

I personally vote for yes on the question.

cheers,
GumbyTheBorg

ditom
10th Oct 2006, 18:15
Me too!

Terminatorvs
10th Oct 2006, 22:09
3) Gay ;) (not that gay people are blind and stupid, I make no inference to this, all I'm saying is that a gay guy would probably not date Karima seeing that she's not a man). That being said, a lesbian might :-)
4) Toddler :scratch: ... Well actually a toddler might be attracted to her breasts, :eek: but for entirely different reasons that grown man are attracted to breasts...

I
5) You already have a girlfriend, that looks a whole lot better.

Headache
10th Oct 2006, 22:43
That being said, I think the real question is, would you like to date Karima? If the answer is yes, then she's obviously perfect for the role of Lara Croft. If the answer is no, then you are obviously one of the following:

I personally vote for yes on the question.

cheers,
GumbyTheBorg

5) You already have a girlfriend, that looks a whole lot better.

Both ya'll.... :lol:

And if you want to go out with someone just because they're hot or whatever.... That's kinda shallow. To me anyway.

dufflover
11th Oct 2006, 12:52
As the Lara Croft model; doing a good job. I haven't really followed the rest so I can't say if she's better/worse than them.

As a woman and I'm a single guy of similar age; hell yeah! ;)

shirl123
11th Oct 2006, 13:10
she's doing a good job as a spokesmodel\spokeswoman. :thumbsup:
she's definitely one of the best TR models [I think that the last 3, including her, were good/fit this job].

however, my favourite is still Lucy Clarkson :p

Night_Heaven
11th Oct 2006, 13:46
Omg..I was more than sure I have made a post in this thread...but is gone...O_O! What....?????

GoranAgar
11th Oct 2006, 14:11
I deleted it. Inappropriate.

shaq
13th Oct 2006, 15:51
Looks nice :D like she was ready for Japan level :D
http://www.codename-croft.com/karima2/karima3.jpg
http://www.codename-croft.com/karima2/karima3.jpg

Night_Heaven
13th Oct 2006, 16:01
Tell me what do you think about her?In my opinion she is the best model.

yea right...

um...no...next model please..or bring the old ones back.

shaq
13th Oct 2006, 17:16
yea right...

um...no...next model please..or bring the old ones back.

I guess she reminds me somebody :p I think she is OK for this role :D

http://gry.wp.pl/g/galerie/_scr/_l/325/325_1001_2.jpg
http://gry.wp.pl/g/galerie/_scr/_l/325/325_1001_2.jpg

http://gry.wp.pl/g/galerie/_scr/_l/325/325_1000_2.jpg
http://gry.wp.pl/g/galerie/_scr/_l/325/325_1000_2.jpg

http://gry.wp.pl/g/galerie/_scr/_l/325/325_40_3.jpg

Terminatorvs
13th Oct 2006, 17:20
Poor girl. This work must be exhausting.

Night_Heaven
13th Oct 2006, 17:43
Indeed.....she cant remember her signature....BRING BACK Rhona Mitra:rasp:

shirl123
13th Oct 2006, 17:50
Indeed.....she cant remember her signature....BRING BACK Rhona Mitra:rasp:

HA! good one! :lol: Karima >>>>>>>> Rhona. no offence to Rhona fans, I think she looks better without the TR outfit(s) ...with NORMAL outfits that is. :rolleyes:

Night_Heaven
13th Oct 2006, 17:56
HA! good one! :lol: Karima >>>>>>>> Rhona. no offence to Rhona fans, I think she looks better without the TR outfit(s) ...with NORMAL outfits that is. :rolleyes:

Rhona looks better with normal outfits...

Jill de gong is better than karima...

shirl123
13th Oct 2006, 18:03
Jill de gong is better than karima...but wait..anyone is better than her:rasp:

if anyone looks better then her, why don't you try to model yourself? after all, she IS a model ;)

Night_Heaven
13th Oct 2006, 18:07
if anyone looks better then her, why don't you try to model yourself? after all, she IS a model ;)

Oki oki..do it your way.:) I was thinking only at first two models.Oh..she is a model..wow....I would never guess that

shirl123
13th Oct 2006, 18:12
Oki oki..do it your way.:) I was thinking only at first two models.Oh..she is a model..wow....I would never guess that

I still don't see YOU modeling. ;)

Night_Heaven
13th Oct 2006, 18:20
I still don't see YOU modeling. ;)

:lol: um..no...:lol:

shirl123
13th Oct 2006, 18:27
:lol: um..no...:lol:

so don't judge her that way.

Night_Heaven
13th Oct 2006, 18:34
so don't judge her that way.

Um..yes..I will judge her ..just because your a fan of hers and the protective fairy dosent meen I will stop...byeeeee

Headache
13th Oct 2006, 20:50
Good LORD!!! Can't anyone be entitled to their own opinion instead of arguing about it anymore?

GoranAgar
14th Oct 2006, 06:31
Good LORD!!! Can't anyone be entitled to their own opinion instead of arguing about it anymore?
It is not the fact that he has a different opinion. It is how he is being totally inappropriate, rude, offending, tacky and impertinent in the way he expresses this opinion that is directed towards a real person.

Headache
14th Oct 2006, 18:05
It is not the fact that he has a different opinion. It is how he is being totally inappropriate, rude, offending, tacky and impertinent in the way he expresses this opinion that is directed towards a real person.
That too.

ambrosia
15th Oct 2006, 13:27
I like Karima as a person, she seems very friendly, but does not look like Lara at all.

Night_Heaven
15th Oct 2006, 15:28
I like Karima as a person, she seems very friendly, but does not look like Lara at all.

Exacly...finaly...:)

ditom
2nd Nov 2006, 14:09

Beleve me she is very frendly.I saw her . She was in my country in Poland(I know you don't know where it is) to pepresent TRL.We were talked 5 minutes(this is quite long for me because I do't speak English very well ).And I thing she is very frendly and very beautyfull ;)

I love her:p

Joshorty
11th Nov 2006, 02:43
Your english is fine in terms of understanding:D And I think Karima is such a woman that brought my heart out for this game - even though in the end this game didn't turn out as well as I thought it'd be - I'll never forget those times with her:D (not that I'm with her - seeing her involve with all this LEGEND-ness:D).

THANK YOU KARIMA:D;)

Monobox
11th Nov 2006, 12:58
I was a big fan of Rhona Mitra when she was doing, Nell McAndrew didnt really seem the part.

Karima Adebibe pulls it off rather well to be fair, I mean when you look at the TR: Legend game, she does actually look like Lara, the only problem is that at no point do Eidos stick with a model it tends to skip and jump around a bit.

If they settled on one model it would probably help TR promotion a lot. Would be more consistant. Karima Adebibe it's first class and a good choice. :)

ditom
11th Nov 2006, 21:17
Thank you!

Joshorty
11th Nov 2006, 21:22
No probs:D

Olgerth Heidern
13th Nov 2006, 14:54
Karima is OK, but she's way too young to be Lara. I like the way in-game Lara looks, but not her real-life model

Which doesn't matter; Karima isn't Lara, and there are a million girls who look just as good or better in LC's outfit, and that's real life for ya.

Screw real life...

ditom
14th Nov 2006, 20:49
She has 21 years old but she looks bit older.I think she is beautyfull women just like Lara.She is just great.

ditom
19th Dec 2006, 15:59
Karima is OK, but she's way too young to be Lara. I like the way in-game Lara looks, but not her real-life model

Which doesn't matter; Karima isn't Lara, and there are a million girls who look just as good or better in LC's outfit, and that's real life for ya.

Screw real life...

So what do you want to see? 71 years old model?

Mr.LaraCroft
19th Dec 2006, 20:15
i love her she sound nice, cool, fun and she's beautiful..i think she's the best model out of all of them..but that's my opinion..

ditom
19th Dec 2006, 20:21
i love her she sound nice, cool, fun and she's beautiful..i think she's the best model out of all of them..but that's my opinion..

That's right.She is beautyfull !

LaraGirl216
20th Dec 2006, 07:12
Karima is a fine looking

What about if your a girl????!!!!

Number6
20th Dec 2006, 14:56
So what do you want to see? 71 years old model?

It might come to just that...Tomb Raider #85: the Last Gasp...er...Frontier

ditom
21st Dec 2006, 13:19
:confused:

Legend_of_Lara
24th Dec 2006, 14:58

I want to be that little boy...:rolleyes: :lol:

Deadly47
24th Dec 2006, 15:10
SO do i.

Ohh right santa came last night. Woot he brought me need for speed msot wanted and tombradier legend. Finnaly my collection of tombradier is complete at the moment. I just have to wait for dad to isntall new dvd drive so i can play it. I may be asking for help today so heads up pepole.:D

WesMordine
24th Dec 2006, 22:18
Karima Adebibe pulls it off rather well to be fair, I mean when you look at the TR: Legend game, she does actually look like Lara, the only problem is that at no point do Eidos stick with a model it tends to skip and jump around a bit.

If they settled on one model it would probably help TR promotion a lot. Would be more consistant. Karima Adebibe it's first class and a good choice. :)

She does have that not-quite-classic-beauty to her, and she's very athletic. I like her a lot as Lara. Eidos obviously changes a lot to further that James Bond-esque vibe Lara has going on.

NightRain'06
24th Dec 2006, 22:55
No offense but I quite frankly don't care about Karima as Lara. Let me know when someone wears a Lara costume. :D At least there's consistency in that... :lol:

If you don't know what I mean, think about Mario and Sonic... or Mickey Mouse. :rasp:

ditom
25th Dec 2006, 19:18
Ok.No problem.It's your opinion

lara_croft_
27th Dec 2006, 11:37
I think that Angelina Jolie is the best Lara Croft!Kraima doesn't have the skils and she doesn't look like Lara as much as Angelina.

ditom
2nd Jan 2007, 13:40
No way! Angelina looks like fish. Karima is very beautyfull.She looks like real Lara.

Advent-Tidus
2nd Jan 2007, 20:12
I think Karima is beautiful! she does look like Lara Croft and is a fit model.

ditom
5th Jan 2007, 14:24
Offcourse ! :cool:

macstu23
10th Jan 2007, 00:08
I'm so going to get flamed here. :whistle:

I'm assuming she isn't British (Tell me I'm wrong, please!), and she has a pot belly, not the wasp-like waistline of our favourite gal. Hope she can do the accent and act at the same time.

I always thought Kate Beckinsale might make a good Lara. She can act and she can do the posh English girl accent without even trying...plus (very big plus) she looks great in a catsuit, judging by her look in 'Underworld'.

RuumTaedor
10th Jan 2007, 03:12
Hi macstu23. Let's see here. Hmm. Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but "pot belly"? You're refering to Karima, right? C'mon man, don't you think you're exaggerating just a bit?

As for flaming, I appreciate that you suspect your post may be "flamable", but we've seen rudeness in the past, and I personally would still categorize your post as civilized. I would hope that most, if not all, of us are above flaming.

macstu23
10th Jan 2007, 07:22
Hi macstu23. Let's see here. Hmm. Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but "pot belly"? You're refering to Karima, right? C'mon man, don't you think you're exaggerating just a bit?

As for flaming, I appreciate that you suspect your post may be "flamable", but we've seen rudeness in the past, and I personally would still categorize your post as civilized. I would hope that most, if not all, of us are above flaming.

There's a relief.

Okay perhaps I was being mean with 'pot-bellied'. A little wide in the hips maybe ?, judging by the early photo-shoots. Then again, she has time to work out.

Karima, I sincerely hope you dont read this post, but just in case you do, please dont take my comment too harshly. I'd still date you, if you're into slightly bald guys in their late 30's. ;)

Joshorty
10th Jan 2007, 20:47
I want to be that little boy...:rolleyes: :lol:
Looking at that makes me wanan go AAAWWWWWWWWWWW LOL:DThat's awesome. I remembered posting in a thread during that day in March-ish...'06..must be in the Archives now..

rabid metro
12th Jan 2007, 05:05
I think that Angelina Jolie is the best Lara Croft!Kraima doesn't have the skils and she doesn't look like Lara as much as Angelina.

... karima is very nice. personally, i like lara's look from AoD. there's an actress, patricia velasquez (from the mummy, etc.) who would have been great, but i think she's older than angelina. in any case, she's got the look: athletic, incredibly attractive, menacing yet serene, etc. but she probably couldn't get the accent.

angelina is the highest-profile, most marketable lara. IMHO, she's not the best ...

ditom
12th Jan 2007, 20:04
Angelina doesn't look like Lara.

shirl123
12th Jan 2007, 20:34
Angelina doesn't look like Lara.

neither does Karima and/or the rest of the models. :rolleyes:

yet, Angelina + most TR models did a superb job.
IMO, actress Kari Wuhrer fits more then Angelina, but I can't say anything bad about AJ...she did a good job as Lara.

however, I hope that there wouldn't be a 3rd TR movie, because both previous TR movies only damaged the TR brand. IMO, AJ was the only good thing about it.

ladylinnycroft
12th Jan 2007, 21:40
angie did a superb job as lara....she's gorgeous and gave lara that flesh impact.....she did a sterling job and i couldn't see anyone else in the role...angie netted more lara fans with her performance....isn't it amazing that "A FISH" has been voted the worlds most sexiest woman 2 years in a row:rolleyes: ......as for karima she is stunning and portrays lara very well and apart from rhona she is my favourite Lara....and i know people who have met her and she is very down to earth and a lovely person....so before you go slagging her off...just think about what kind of people read the boards**** ...i know for a fact karima visits them

Astara
12th Jan 2007, 23:10
Was reading some article that purported to study beauty and the researcher mentioned that the current idea of beauty was to have trout lips. Cracked me up...:lmao:

The only constant across all cultures and times was a relatively thin waist -- even when plump was more "in" (due to thin being associated with death and disease), a _comparatively_ thin waist was still desired...

Someone (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=63884) did up some Lara-look-alikes between Ms. trout-lips and Catherine Zeta-Jones in the Anniversary forum:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/justgrec/Laramodified.jpg

Caption:Left is the Lara we saw in the articles, middle Angelina Jolie and right Catherine Zeta Jones.

I'm not sure they emphasized Angelini's lips enough, though.
A*a

ditom
13th Jan 2007, 21:54
I like all models :D .

macstu23
14th Jan 2007, 20:36
Angelina was great in the role and would be a hard act for anyone to follow. I'm sure Karima will be equally as stunning if not more so, and bring something of her own to the part. But, (without sounding too prejudiced I hope) I would really like to see an English actress play the part, some day at least.

We British (A term I dont often use since I'm a Scotsman) kind of feel like we own Lara, almost in the same way that we own James Bond. God forbid, if the James Bond role ever went to an American actor there'd be a national outcry. No joke! Okay George Lazemby wasn't British but at least he belonged to a Commonwealth country, so we let him off just that once. Pierce Brosnan was of course an Irishman but at least the Irish Republic is still a part of the British Isles if not the United Kingdom, and he was good as 007 so we forgave him. I guess Hollywood wasn't going to let such unashamed bias happen with our Miss Croft...Ah well.

Best of luck in the role Karima. I have come to realise that I was of course gravely mistaken when I thought you had a pot belly and wider than normal hips, and have re-adjusted my monitor settings accordingly. :)

RuumTaedor
14th Jan 2007, 22:15
:thumbsup:

ditom
17th Jan 2007, 16:04
Angelina is very good actress but I don't know why but I don't like her.
I think that the best model of Lara is Karima.
I'm wondering how long is she going to be model?

ladylinnycroft
18th Jan 2007, 14:18
probably for the duration of TR anniversary.....i would think she would still get the gig for TR8, because rumour has it it's a continuation of Legend....

ditom
22nd Jan 2007, 11:49
I don't understand why Lara's models are changing so fast.

Gamerking
22nd Jan 2007, 23:23
You know what?

It doesn't matter guys, I do think she is a good model but so was everybody else..I think they just change her to suit the the powers of their technology.