PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII-2

eligio19
28th Jun 2013, 21:09
Final Fantasy V - I knew what I was fighting for worth it
I played through Final Fantasy VI - I can say one of the best series. Success in Music and Character Scenarios
Final Fantasy XIII - Very Nice and classic for me

And Final Fantasy VII - Everything feels alright...
Until I reached the Temple of the Ancients.
*Spoiler*
I was disappointed that Aerith/Aeris had to die.
That moment affected me and I read that others got affected too.
The moment where I fight Jenova LIFE and fighting for Aeris.
The timing is perfect where Aeris' Theme is played during the fight, it's a great affection.
I treated Aeris like one of the most Important Protagonists in the game..
Although she's gone...
I feel very sad and disappointed during the playthrough.
But it is still a great game though...
I don't know Which one but for me Final Fantasy 7 still tops Final Fantasy 6 FOR NOW...
it's because there are missing parts after Finishing the game.
If there would be FF7-2 released... I will go directly and play it.
I am very curious if ever those missing parts are to be filled, and that one important thing that I remember
During the playthrough..
Cloud Promised Aeris to take her to an Airship!
I know it would take time, I will be patient.
It will cost a lot... you know if the story is good and appealing, hardwork is worth it.
All I can do is to cheer up the ones making the FF7-2 if there ever was...
and I hope that I could see Aeris fighting by my side again.....

Grimoire
30th Jun 2013, 06:53
She pretty much said "good bye" in Advent Children.

sleepyeyes
1st Jul 2013, 06:27
** SPOILER **

Aeris' death remains one of the pivotal moments in video gaming history. It is a part of what makes VII the undisputed champion of Final Fantasy games, and Aeris will forever be remembered in the hearts of us who love the series.

But, they can't bring her back. It'd be like DC bringing back Bruce Wayne's parents.

Advent Children brought Aeris' story to an acceptable close. And, in our hearts, she will never die.

As for VII-2, well, remastering VII would, in many ways, be like starting over on a brand new game. Granted, the storyboard is finished, but that's about it. Still, if the will existed, SE could do it. I hope they backpedel on the statement that VII wouldn't get a remaster until another FF title exceeds it in sales. At the same time, I hope FFXIV, FFXII-LR, and KH3 are blockbusters for SE. And, please, my friends, buy new copies of FFX/X-2 and KH1.5 remasters.

Atma-Weapon
1st Jul 2013, 07:13
A FFVII-2 would pretty much ruin the image of, in my opinion, a perfect masterpiece. I would even argue that Advent Children was a mistake, and a "black spot" on such wonderful work of art.

To me FFVII was and still is perfect as a standalone game, which could only be tarnished by further "milking of the cow".

sleepyeyes
1st Jul 2013, 07:22
I disagree with you about Advent Children, especially the blu-ray version.

FFVII can still be a perfect title, and yet be remastered for current-gen systems. The old fans would buy it, and it would bring new fans into the franchise. By your "milking the cow" reasoning, SE should stop making Final Fantasy games altogether, because all they're doing is trying to make money off of past successes. I hope that's not what you're saying.

Atma-Weapon
1st Jul 2013, 10:41
FFVII - IX have all been separate titles that stand on their own with no affiliation to one another. Now we have spins-offs, sequels, series and the like, taking the spotlight of development instead of producing full on titles that were of the same caliber of the PSone and early PS2 generation games.

By "milking of the cow", I meant more spins-offs of FFVII, which have been done to death, or sequels which so far haven't had a good track record with any Final Fantasy, especially when compared to their originator.

What I'm saying is, I don't want to see a FFVII-2 because it's not necessary, and since the team that developed the original has basically evaporated, I'd rather not see a new team butcher the name in an attempt to cash in on the fan's desire to see anything with the FFVII stamp on it.

Grimoire
1st Jul 2013, 15:25
To each their own. For example, my favourite Final Fantasy title is Dirge of Cerberus, and not Final Fantasy VII.

eligio19
2nd Jul 2013, 03:47
So would you rather play an HD remake of Final Fantasy 7 in ps3 or ps4 than a new story of Final Fantasy 7?

SE still had interest on making 7-2. Maybe I should accept the death of aerith as long as she is an irreplacable character.
and still be seen in 7-2.
Not like Snow in FF13-2. He appeared like a couple of times and then dissapeared.

SE makes the story and it's up to them how the story they made will appeal us and not to do the same story over again.
The concept of the game is still understandable. You will notice the difference when Nobuo Uematsu and Hironobu Sakaguchi
were still in the development of the game.

alanman178
2nd Jul 2013, 20:27
I wouldn't mind seeing another game built into the FF7 world. Maybe the story could take place a few generations after the "Cloud" and friends era. The main characters could be descendants of the previous heroes. I don't know. I'd certainly be interested in playing a fresh story in my favorite FF world. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

DarkTiamatZERO
3rd Jul 2013, 04:36
Dude get over it, seriously. She was supposed to die. It was planned out pretty much from the start that either Aerith or Barett would bite the dust. And they didn't choose Barett because it would have been too cliche. They wanted to throw you a curve ball; something realistic that would tug at your heartstrings and it worked out perfectly. Yeah, I cried at that scene... when I was 9 years old. But I never whined or believed in ridiculous things like "she should come back!" One of the major themes of this game is learning to accept loss and the idea that just because someone has passed away doesn't mean that they're completely gone. They live on through our collective memories, experiences, actions, and ideals. If you really played FF7 all the way through, you'd have known that already.

I never want to see another stupid sequel to this game. I saw one movie and read up on one game already. They were both horrible cash cows a la Final Fantasy: All the Bravest.

Advent Children was loud and abnoxious, incoherent, and a weak story. It was an obvious attempt to show off the new graphics and special effects that you can fit onto a Blu Ray disc. I disregard that movie as noncannon because it was just so offensive. You didn't need an overblown movie like that. The game's original ending was perfect because it was left open to interpretation. You didn't know if anyone on the planet survived or not. They could have all just as easily been wiped out and made room for only the animals and plants to grow on. But then Advent Children came along and ruined everything. Durr... they all survived, the world is a post-apocalyptic mess, horrfic disease is spreading, Sephiroth's back-he just is-don't ask how, Aerith and Zack are ghosts, Cloud is clinically depressed for no reason and hides secrets from his friends (gee, it's almost as if he didn't learn ANYTHING from the lifestream), Tifa gets beaten up by some loudmouth bozo who doesn't even have any martial arts training (and you thought SNOW was bad!?), Rufus is alive SOMEHOW, and Cait Sith and Cid have these really stupid over-the-top racist stereotype accents.

Dirge of Cerberus... I never actually played this one and I hear that the gameplay was terrible. But supposedly the story is decent. And if the story is good, one can forgive a lot. So I'm willing to give this game the benefit of the doubt and check it out someday.

I heard Crisis Core is a good game. I have it on my desk in UMD disk and haven't played it yet, so I reserve judgement until later. But as far as sequels go? Never again for ANY Final Fantasy game.

eligio19
3rd Jul 2013, 05:56
Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children was good. Until then they released a new version of the film and added up to 30 mins of new scenes in the film.
It's not that bad. It wasn't because of the good graphics they made back then in 2005. At least Sepiroth didn't return by himself... At least they made these Remnants who were experimented in the Mako Reactors.

If they were to release another sequel of Final Fantasy 7, they can't make Sepiroth as the antagonist but may appear somehow.
It would be silly to have sepiroth beaten 3 times over the same guy. SE knows how to continue a sequel far from your expectations but more surprising.

Atma-Weapon
3rd Jul 2013, 10:05
SE knows how to continue a sequel far from your expectations but more surprising.

I would argue that Squaresoft knew how to provide a worthwhile sequel, i.e. Chrono Cross. They never overstepped that boundary by proceeding to over expand storylines that would've felt weak and shallow. Square-Enix however, is a different matter of which I would be inclined to disagree with you on this subject given their past reputation with sequels.

Dirge of Cerberus... I never actually played this one and I hear that the gameplay was terrible. But supposedly the story is decent. And if the story is good, one can forgive a lot. So I'm willing to give this game the benefit of the doubt and check it out someday.

The game play was actually quite solid as a third person action game. It was the story telling that was pretty weak and felt superficial compared to the original FFVII atmosphere & tone. Hojo's return was interesting enough, but the execution of it and the rest of plot was just ridiculous.

eligio19
3rd Jul 2013, 10:45
Square Enix and Square Soft are the same. The timeline is different and the theme of the storyline were different.

Grimoire
3rd Jul 2013, 11:02
Did I hear the word "timeline"?

squareenixmembers.webs.com/Timeline.htm (http://squareenixmembers.webs.com/Timeline.htm)

Atma-Weapon
3rd Jul 2013, 11:04
Square Enix and Square Soft are the same.

This is very untrue.

eligio19
3rd Jul 2013, 19:25

This is very untrue.

It's just an evolution of Square. But I know how they make Final Fantasies back then when it was SquareSoft and the Final Fantasy today. That is big Difference

Fastbreak111
4th Jul 2013, 01:05

This is very untrue.

I disagree with what you said that Square-Enix has a poor history with sequels. They made Final Fantasy X-2 after X and did very well with it. Despite certain opinions being against it because of an all-female cast it was a very creative story and innovative battle system reminiscent of FInal Fantasy V, which was a SquareSoft game. Also while it is not the exact same company they are very similar. SquareSoft and Enix had a merger and created Square-Enix. They have all the talent from SquareSoft along with the the talent from Enix, if anything the company has become stronger, and better then ever.

Fastbreak111
4th Jul 2013, 01:20
Did I hear the word "timeline"?

squareenixmembers.webs.com/Timeline.htm (http://squareenixmembers.webs.com/Timeline.htm)

I loved that I never realized how interconnected the worlds of the Final Fantasy seies were. Cloud falls into the lifestream and is summoned to Ivalice where Final Fantasy XII takes place, or Shinra company being decendants of Shinra from Final Fantasy X-2... That was mind-blowing.

Atma-Weapon
4th Jul 2013, 08:44

This is very untrue.

I disagree with what you said that Square-Enix has a poor history with sequels. They made Final Fantasy X-2 after X and did very well with it. Despite certain opinions being against it because of an all-female cast it was a very creative story and innovative battle system reminiscent of FInal Fantasy V, which was a SquareSoft game.

I never said they had a poor history with sequels. I merely pointed out that their past reputation for them has been met with critical dismay and a much weaker reception when compared to their originators, and there are plenty of reasons for this, regardless of my opinion on them. FFX-2 did many things right yes, and I have no problems with the cast or the game play, but the story and its plot however I felt was rather shallow and thrown together. I view Tidus' departure from the story much like someone would view Aeries' departure from FFVII; that it was a profound touch to the storyline which overall had been ended and needed no further continuation in a FFX-2. However this was ruined for me when they decided to simply bring him back out of thin air. In my opinion, I was perfectly happy with FFX and it's ending, and would rather forget X-2 existed at all as the canon extension of the story.

Also while it is not the exact same company they are very similar. SquareSoft and Enix had a merger and created Square-Enix. They have all the talent from SquareSoft along with the the talent from Enix, if anything the company has become stronger, and better then ever.

Whether they're stronger or not is completely subjectional to one's own opinion. Much of the talent you're speaking of from Squaresoft you haven't accounted for; namely the many whose positions were replaced after the merger, and those who've retired, moved on, and were let go ever since. When you collectively look at the pieces you have left over, and which roles they're playing, you see something entirely different. While perhaps not worse, it isn't necessarily better either.

Grimoire
4th Jul 2013, 18:58
I loved that I never realized how interconnected the worlds of the Final Fantasy seies were. Cloud falls into the lifestream and is summoned to Ivalice where Final Fantasy XII takes place, or Shinra company being decendants of Shinra from Final Fantasy X-2... That was mind-blowing.

^_-

pitusa1234xo
4th Oct 2013, 10:24
Hi Square Enix,

Please take some time to read this.

I have been thinking if Square Enix produced FInal Fantasy VII-2, with Genesis Rhapsodos being the main protagonist. A hack and slash game please.

Story:

Genesis has been awaken, and five years later, the remaining Geostigma infectants had wings, and they became monsters, and the monsters were all controlled by Kadaj and Sephiroth in the lifestream, these monsters are so powerful and they are a threat to the Planet. Genesis is then reunited with the new Shinra which is now WRO and was given a task to investigate these 'monsters'. Then the story carries on from there.

cloudsquallxiii
6th Oct 2013, 08:17
sorry pitusa i dont think this would work seein as though at the end of crisis core genesis is picked up by nero and weisse off deepground and at end of doc genesis picks up weisses body so there will be connections there so i think he will be antaganist again

FantasyDreamKey
7th Oct 2013, 11:55
I actually prefer Cloud to be the main character, think of all the cool moves, attacks and limit breaks that he will have in a new game. Plus, I think it will be cool to control Cloud with his fusion swords.
Genesis will be a interesting character to control. I would like to control him as well.
Also would love to control Angeal, he is so sweet and funny as well as being a honorable person.

Maybe the game could be a combination of hack and slash, and turn-based RPG. Also would love several characters to be playable and 3 in a party like in Final Fantasy 7. We can have the main characters of FF7, Shelke and Genesis as the playable characters.

Not sure about the storyline. Maybe Genesis is trying to help the planet from a unknown threat, however, the main characters of FF7 doesn't know that and think that Genesis is up to no good. There will be rivalry between Cloud and Genesis as Genesis still want to prove himself a hero, and he can only do that if he can defeat the person who beat Sephiroth.

pitusa1234xo
7th Oct 2013, 15:28
Genesis could prove himself a hero by saving the world from another threat and gettting into the Lifestream and vanish Kadaj and Sephiroth away for good so that they cannot face the planet any longer. Genesis didn't actually die, his body got collected by Weiss and Nero and he sealed himself in a cave in Dirge of Cerberus or something.

Grimoire
7th Mar 2015, 17:44
Fan Creations

Fans Create “Open World Sequel (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/06/fans-create-open-world-sequel-tech-demo-to-final-fantasy-vii-by-modifying-the-source-code/)” Tech Demo To Final Fantasy VII By Modifying The Source Code (Siliconera)
- It adds seamless exploration of the entire world, a day/night system, house ownership, lost story content, and loads more.