PDA

View Full Version : People with Xbox360 issues!

kaksi5
7th Oct 2006, 08:59
Hello!

I been reading a few forums where some people are getting game crashes when playing just cause but no other game is a problem.

Many people have returned there 360 thinking that the machine is broken...:whistle:

i have been playng just cause for many hours without any problems..until last night game would crash all the time even when rebooting...

to fix the game simply boot the game from the 360 been of and hold down the A button till the game starts. The cache will the cleared and the games performance and crashing issues are gone (until next curruption takes place)

Some tests...

I tested if the clear cache works for this game here are the results..

reboot no cache clearing, time to load save game 20 to 40 seconds.

reboot cache clearing, time to load save game 30 to 1min

I tried many times and the cache clearing time depends on how much data has been put on the 360..

i think MS and GD should always clear the cache when booting the game..:cool:

I hope Eidos can confirm this is the case...

Crypton
7th Oct 2006, 19:45
cool stuff :thumbsup:

Hopefully that helps many others with issues, thanks for sharing.

Agent Nico
7th Oct 2006, 21:58
This happend with my origonal xbox too, when i was in a plane once i took off the game just crashed for no apparent reason.:mad2:

intrepid_soul
8th Oct 2006, 17:04
Some tests...

I tested if the clear cache works for this game here are the results..

reboot no cache clearing, time to load save game 20 to 40 seconds.

reboot cache clearing, time to load save game 30 to 1min

I tried many times and the cache clearing time depends on how much data has been put on the 360..

i think MS and GD should always clear the cache when booting the game..:cool:

I hope Eidos can confirm this is the case...

I will check with out QA team and see if this title supports that feature. It sounds by your experiements that this may work. :) It is a very good step to try though, if it pans out I will be recommending it over the phone. :thumbsup:

intrepid_soul
9th Oct 2006, 16:53
I just got off the phone with xbox support, surprisingly they were very helpful. They confirmed the A button clear the cache trick. They also said that if a 360 game is crashing that you should call them as they have specific steps to try to solve the problem for the 360.