PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean for JC

sleeplessone
5th Oct 2006, 21:24
OK so there is no techsupport forum for Just Cause .. yet ? Why?

So any way , this might have been posted,

but when vising the avalanche web site to see what it was like ...

i found this on the contact tab.

Tech support (Just Cause) :
As much as we would like to help out customers who bought Just Cause and experience problems, this is something that we refer to Eidos and their distributors.

So Eidos are responsible for patchs ... ? :confused:

I hope they are reading this forum... :scratch:

I love JC, its a great game without the bugs :)

intrepid_soul
5th Oct 2006, 23:51
I think the lack of a support forum is due to a changing of the guard in regards to our community manager. I'll go chat with him about creating one, but there isn't alot of traffic here so tech questions are noticed here.

intrepid_soul
5th Oct 2006, 23:56
So Eidos are responsible for patchs ... ? :confused:

I hope they are reading this forum... :scratch:

I love JC, its a great game without the bugs :)

There is a long complex story about the relationship between a publisher and a developer that I could go into here but I won't because it makes my head hurt. :mad2:

As customer support supervisor I usually come to the forums to see what people have come up with creative work arounds to some nagging issues. I chime in when I can, but due to the nature of job I can't be here all the time. :nut:

I can tell you that I file a weekly report, every week ironicly, where I list off the top issues of the previous week. When things crop up, I even step up the pressure to get answers for our users. It may not be very visible but you have an advocate here, and I try my best to fight the good fight and let your voices be heard.

Crypton
6th Oct 2006, 00:30
There is a long complex story about the relationship between a publisher and a developer that I could go into here but I won't because it makes my head hurt. :mad2:

As customer support supervisor I usually come to the forums to see what people have come up with creative work arounds to some nagging issues. I chime in when I can, but due to the nature of job I can't be here all the time. :nut:

I can tell you that I file a weekly report, every week ironicly, where I list off the top issues of the previous week. When things crop up, I even step up the pressure to get answers for our users. It may not be very visible but you have an advocate here, and I try my best to fight the good fight and let your voices be heard.
:thumbsup: good to know someone is listening, thanks and keep up the good work. Hopefully we can look forward to some fixes then :) Still good game though, even if some bugs. Anywho, better go finish reparing this Acer notebook with an attitude. Customer is quite patient considering the ammount of stress the thing has caused him lol. Sadly, the notebook even with a slightly slower hdd is better than my main desktop I use 0o. Beast of a machine. hot as .. too.

intrepid_soul
6th Oct 2006, 02:52
:thumbsup: good to know someone is listening, thanks and keep up the good work. Hopefully we can look forward to some fixes then :) Still good game though, even if some bugs. Anywho, better go finish reparing this Acer notebook with an attitude. Customer is quite patient considering the ammount of stress the thing has caused him lol. Sadly, the notebook even with a slightly slower hdd is better than my main desktop I use 0o. Beast of a machine. hot as .. too.

Well I have to standard disclaimer this as we do not test nor design for laptops. So due to the specific nature of hardware for laptops it might be possible you may run into problems that we won't be able solve for you.

That being out of the way, many of the hardware specific issues are due to driver specific problems. There are creative solutions out there that solve these problems, but most of them are not supported anywhere so its not something "we" can recommend. ;-)

Crypton
6th Oct 2006, 03:18
Well I have to standard disclaimer this as we do not test nor design for laptops. So due to the specific nature of hardware for laptops it might be possible you may run into problems that we won't be able solve for you.

That being out of the way, many of the hardware specific issues are due to driver specific problems. There are creative solutions out there that solve these problems, but most of them are not supported anywhere so its not something "we" can recommend. ;-)
lol, yeah I would imagine, though I was not asking for help with it :P

that problem has been solved though.. :p

intrepid_soul
7th Oct 2006, 18:52
lol, yeah I would imagine, though I was not asking for help with it :P

that problem has been solved though.. :p

I know you weren, it was more of a thinking out loud in a public forum so everyone else understands laptops. :rasp:

Crypton
7th Oct 2006, 19:37
I know you weren, it was more of a thinking out loud in a public forum so everyone else understands laptops. :rasp:
lol, aye, I know, and I completly appriciate one with a sense of humor :P Not everyone has one :/. need more of it, makes life a bit more fun. :thumbsup: