PDA

View Full Version : Another hitman

Scion Eon
4th Oct 2006, 02:51
Will there be another hitman game after Blood Money?

--Xan--
4th Oct 2006, 15:20
Will there be another hitman game after Blood Money?
It's quite too early to talk about it, because the latest game has just showed up, but I think that this serie won't be forgotten.

Xcom
5th Oct 2006, 11:25
It's my personal opinion, but I think there will most certainly be another Hitman. After all, it's Eidos' 2nd best selling franchise.

intrepid_soul
6th Oct 2006, 02:37
It's my personal opinion, but I think there will most certainly be another Hitman. After all, it's Eidos' 2nd best selling franchise.

Yeah what's up with that? I would choose Hitman over some box-pushing-lever-flipping adventure game any day. The day Bloodmoney shipped, I was already asking what do you think will be in the next one?

Xcom
15th Oct 2006, 09:19
Yeah what's up with that?

Several generations of dedicated fanbase, apparently.

ltolman
30th May 2007, 17:07
Using my favorite search engine: Wikipedia

The time tables show each game releasing every 2yrs so its a possibility that Hitman 5 will be releasing in 2008 some time, could be Holidays 08; could be June of 08

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman_%28computer_game_series%29

PS Last night though I had a dream about the new Hitman; I honestly dont know how or why I had this dream as I havent played the game Hitman in months (after beating Blood Money of course) so out of the blue it was like I got a sneak peek at the new hitman; do I remember anything from my dream? Course not, the only thing I remember about my dream was 2 girls I work with, they were in my dream that I would love to go out with them HA HA HA

16th Jul 2007, 23:19
lol itol man, i hopefully hope that a new hitman game will be released, pitty old 47, after the game i tought he was dead 4 reea...ANd xcom why the lol do u use "franchise word? u have just playd 2many hitman :lmao:

grihn
31st Jul 2007, 19:27
Look at it this way...most games that have 1 or more sequels/expansions die out due to burnt out story...that's the beauty of Hitman...there's not really a story. He's a hitman, he kills people, and he's damn good at it. Until they decide to kill off agent 47 (a personal belief of mine is that this is what they'll do when/if they decide to end the series), they'll keep making Hitman games. But you've gotta give them time to dream up some new ways to kill people before you start asking about another sequel.

butcher.LSN
3rd Aug 2007, 17:36
Look at it this way...most games that have 1 or more sequels/expansions die out due to burnt out story...that's the beauty of Hitman...there's not really a story. He's a hitman, he kills people, and he's damn good at it. Until they decide to kill off agent 47 (a personal belief of mine is that this is what they'll do when/if they decide to end the series), they'll keep making Hitman games. But you've gotta give them time to dream up some new ways to kill people before you start asking about another sequel.

damn, i was gonna say exactly the same thin, but ya were here before me, bummer

grihn
3rd Aug 2007, 19:52
damn, i was gonna say exactly the same thin, but ya were here before me, bummer

Great minds, my friend...

MikeGTS
4th Aug 2007, 05:50
Good point grihn ;)

I also think that this would be the last Hitman sequel, 47 is too old... I mean, why do u want to kill people all your life ? From what we know 47 has a big bank account full of millions of $, he's got nothing more to achieve in his life, that's just sad if you ask me... So I recon this would be the last Hitman Eidos will ever make.. He may be killed or he retires on a sunny beach with his new wife Diana of course :)) ..I don't know..

The Thief series was closed due to lack of people to work on the project...and of course I don't think Thief made that much money either ;). Money talks anywhere. I definitely want the Hitman game to continue for the next two years...but 47 is Human after all, he's not a robot to live forever..

ltolman
8th Aug 2007, 16:51
While I agree on some parts that hitman is becoming too old.

Take a look at Splinter Cell

Due out in March of 2008; is Splinter Cell 5

Course the next Hitman would be Hitman 5

Splinter Cell 1-4 was all about Stealth; this time in #5 hes out in the open; a different gameplay experience. Hitman 5; well again lets just see.

I actually love the hitman series; though I didnt beat 1 or 2; 3 and 4 was pretty good.

On another aspect and in which I'm sure this almost doesnt co incide of what were talking about.....take a look at Tomb Raider; 7 of them right?

sortmasivci
19th Aug 2007, 03:11
Its just a game lol. Characters in games dont become too old or anything. Well actually 47's face has kinda changed...but still dont cut out people's hopes for sequels lol. :lmao:

Good point grihn ;)

I also think that this would be the last Hitman sequel, 47 is too old... I mean, why do u want to kill people all your life ? From what we know 47 has a big bank account full of millions of $, he's got nothing more to achieve in his life, that's just sad if you ask me... So I recon this would be the last Hitman Eidos will ever make.. He may be killed or he retires on a sunny beach with his new wife Diana of course :)) ..I don't know..

The Thief series was closed due to lack of people to work on the project...and of course I don't think Thief made that much money either ;). Money talks anywhere. I definitely want the Hitman game to continue for the next two years...but 47 is Human after all, he's not a robot to live forever..

sortmasivci
19th Aug 2007, 03:15
I love this game so much. Its my favorite game. If Eidos doesn't make a sequel after Hitman Blood Money i'm going to be pretty pissed, but i still have thoughts that there is infact gna be a sequel, after all 47 does stays alive and Diana seems to be reopening the Agency (Wikipedia :D ). Anyways for those of you who like the Hitman series you obviously have great taste in games, for those of you who don't..then its the opposite :rasp: .

grihn
19th Aug 2007, 21:08
Don't worry, my friend. Eidos would be insane not to make at least one more Hitman game...espicially considering how Blood Money ended.