PDA

View Full Version : Championships

ZeroFernir
4th Oct 2013, 01:59
Is there any chance we see championships of nosgoth in the future? like they do nowadays with LoL and DotA? I would love to see that, as I made part of 2 eSports leagues already...

TheIrtar
4th Oct 2013, 02:06
I imagine.

This game is a competitive arena game. It will live or die based on its competitive community. Better competitive community by giving them a reason to compete. Prize pools are easier than proper progression, and in game rewards.

TheMaskedFeeder
4th Oct 2013, 06:30
A good way to keep things fresh is holding weekly zero risk public tourneys and streaming them on twitch.

MrMilky
4th Oct 2013, 10:01
Twitch.tv for competetive gaming is great but not sure how good of an idea is that. An automated bot would be nice to have because I'm sure that the comments will be quasi-1337 talk.

ZeroFernir
4th Oct 2013, 12:00
I really hope for a "Nosgoth pro tour" or something =D that would be so cool!

LordNekronom
4th Oct 2013, 13:06
Or a monthly championship between guilds/clans organized by the devs, with special customizations/skins as rewards for the competing members of the winning guild/team, this way a larger guild can change their roster each week so everyone gets a prize.

ZeroFernir
4th Oct 2013, 13:56
hm... I think that each guild should have it's own championship team... As for Vae Victis, we already have a brazilian sub-guild for competitions, in which I include... Plus, I think that out-game prizes would be much more attractive, for long term championships, like anual or anything...

Kainslegacy
4th Oct 2013, 15:21
I think it would be amazing to have a competitive nosgoth scene. I would love to watch a championship or be a part of one where you can watch vampires and humans tear each other apart. that just seems unique to me lol.

Rynfear
4th Oct 2013, 15:49
In order for Nosgoth to be a spectator sport, it needs to have spectators first.

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 20:13
With the competitive nature of the game I'd imagine a tournament is likely at some point. I could see them have regular tournaments. It helps keep interest for players and gives them a goal to work towards outside of just adding new stuff to the game all the time.

Raziel1228
4th Oct 2013, 21:34
An easy way to make this game look more competitive and make it more competitive is youtube videos. Something like the top 5 plays of the week or a 10 min compilation of plays. It makes the game look so epic and wants you to play so you can relieve what you saw. Take a look at this video and tell me you don't want to play Dota after seeing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfIoHnTeCAw
Imagine seeing a scout in Nosgoth baiting 2 vampires into a chase to get 1 killed by a trap he set and killing the other right after a dodge from the enemies leap with a arrow in his head. Thats awesome and seeing that wants me to play the game.

ZeroFernir
4th Oct 2013, 22:56
An easy way to make this game look more competitive and make it more competitive is youtube videos. Something like the top 5 plays of the week or a 10 min compilation of plays. It makes the game look so epic and wants you to play so you can relieve what you saw. Take a look at this video and tell me you don't want to play Dota after seeing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfIoHnTeCAw
Imagine seeing a scout in Nosgoth baiting 2 vampires into a chase to get 1 killed by a trap he set and killing the other right after a dodge from the enemies leap with a arrow in his head. Thats awesome and seeing that wants me to play the game.

Yeah, think you are right... Maybe I do myself some of those =P

Raziel1228
5th Oct 2013, 00:02
Yeah, think you are right... Maybe I do myself some of those =P

Hell if I had the alpha or beta I would gladly join you and help. A top 5 plays of the week or/and a top 5 fails of the week. Those are always enjoyable to watch.

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 02:59
Hell if I had the alpha or beta I would gladly join you and help. A top 5 plays of the week or/and a top 5 fails of the week. Those are always enjoyable to watch.

Surelly! no need to be Alpha or Beta, probably even after that that the things will heat on... Do you wanna join my guild? It has a topic here somewhere...

P.S.: found it! http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7338

VVZigel
8th Oct 2013, 14:20
Twitch.tv for competetive gaming is great but not sure how good of an idea is that. An automated bot would be nice to have because I'm sure that the comments will be quasi-1337 talk.

Actually Twitch.tv might be a solid idea. I'm pretty sure that it's not a problem to aquire a bot to clear the comment section from time to time and it won't be hard to find mods for the channel - I am convinced a lot of fans would be happy to volunteer, provided such an opportunity would exist. Speaking of actual success - Smite can be a good example. If you don't know - it is a new MOBA in town, pretty good one, and these guys have a channel that is kept alive 24/7 by volunteering streamers and you know what? - They are slowly, but surely, getting more and more viewers.

ZeroFernir
8th Oct 2013, 14:44
Actually Twitch.tv might be a solid idea. I'm pretty sure that it's not a problem to aquire a bot to clear the comment section from time to time and it won't be hard to find mods for the channel - I am convinced a lot of fans would be happy to volunteer, provided such an opportunity would exist. Speaking of actual success - Smite can be a good example. If you don't know - it is a new MOBA in town, pretty good one, and these guys have a channel that is kept alive 24/7 by volunteering streamers and you know what? - They are slowly, but surely, getting more and more viewers.

So you are suggesting that the fans create a twitch.tv channel?

VVZigel
8th Oct 2013, 14:57
So you are suggesting that the fans create a twitch.tv channel?
Not entirely.
Channel should be created and orginized by professionals form Squeenix - I'm sure they can pull this one out. Then they should put someone appealing from the staff to be their representative and also make him a streamer. The rest of the crew might(and, imo, should) be recruited from the forums here, I'm sure there would be no lack of enthusiasts...

ZeroFernir
8th Oct 2013, 15:41
Not entirely.
Channel should be created and orginized by professionals form Squeenix - I'm sure they can pull this one out. Then they should put someone appealing from the staff to be their representative and also make him a streamer. The rest of the crew might(and, imo, should) be recruited from the forums here, I'm sure there would be no lack of enthusiasts...

That may work... But for such, we would have to take people from the same area, right?

ZeroFernir
8th Oct 2013, 23:57
..and maybe we can equip our avatars with Team Squenix logos for corporate endorsement. Oh, and we need T-shirts, souvenirs programs, foam fingers, and a Budweiser endorsement, too.

I, for one, can't *wait* to see Nosgoth devolve into a "L33t5" vs "noobs" facerollfest. Because, eSports what the franchise is all about.

"Squenix, what is it that you do here?"
"Merchandising! Merchandising, where the real money from the franchise is made. Nosgoth-the T-shirt, Nosgoth-the Coloring Book, Nosgoth-the Lunch box, Nosgoth-the Breakfast Cereal, Nosgoth-the Flame Thrower. (The kids love that one!) -With apologies to Mel Brooks.

No need to be that rude. It is normal for a dev. to make it -.-'

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 00:39
Rude? Hardly. Sarcastic? Definitely.

Let us not forget, for even a moment, that eSports is BIG business:

" The largest international eSports league, the ESL, reports that 33 million hours have already been spent this year watching their eSports video content, up almost 100% since last year. Over 750,000 gamers visited ESL’s Intel Extreme Masters Series 7 events.

Global prize money for the bigger eSports events will be over $12 million this year, four times higher than in 2010. An increasing number of non-gaming companies are jumping on the opportunity to become partners of eSports events, including RedBull, Logitech and Plantronics " -Gamasutra, Oct 3, 2013 (Link (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/201582/PC_Gaming_leading_the_way_with_eSports_and_VideoStreaming.php))

It's no large leap of faith that should Nosgoth succeed as an eSports franchise, Corporate sponsorship and "pro teams" will be the next logical step, if Squenix's Wheel of Fate spins for them.

http://na.lolesports.com/sites/default/files/styles/featured_top_right/public/XPEKE-FNC.eSPORTS.PLYRPROFILE.jpg?itok=J7oa7skE

I do not find it bad, actually, as I aspire to be a pro gamer in nosgoth, and that would be a good chance to new LoK fans.

VVZigel
9th Oct 2013, 03:43
That may work... But for such, we would have to take people from the same area, right?

No we don't. We just have to build it around certain UTC. Ofcourse it would be easier to manage if players would belong to the same time group or ones which are closely located, but overall it isn't much of an issue! Even if stream would have "dead hours" - it won't necessarily be a problem - everyone needs to rest, viewers themselves can't keep up with the stream 24/7. There are, however, other complications, like there should be one stream channel for casual public and one for pros, since these kinds of people don't mix and have hard time tolerating each other... but hey - this idea hasn't even been greenlit yet and neither has anyone recieved an invitation! We should probably put it away for some other time.

Rude? Hardly. Sarcastic? Definitely.

Let us not forget, for even a moment, that eSports is BIG business:

" The largest international eSports league, the ESL, reports that 33 million hours have already been spent this year watching their eSports video content, up almost 100% since last year. Over 750,000 gamers visited ESL’s Intel Extreme Masters Series 7 events.

Global prize money for the bigger eSports events will be over $12 million this year, four times higher than in 2010. An increasing number of non-gaming companies are jumping on the opportunity to become partners of eSports events, including RedBull, Logitech and Plantronics " -Gamasutra, Oct 3, 2013 (Link (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/201582/PC_Gaming_leading_the_way_with_eSports_and_VideoStreaming.php))

It's no large leap of faith that should Nosgoth succeed as an eSports franchise, Corporate sponsorship and "pro teams" will be the next logical step, if Squenix's Wheel of Fate spins for them.

http://na.lolesports.com/sites/default/files/styles/featured_top_right/public/XPEKE-FNC.eSPORTS.PLYRPROFILE.jpg?itok=J7oa7skE

And if it does spin... we are all in luck. Or maybe I'm just being romantic about it... but I prefer to think if Nosgoth ends up being successful - Squeenix might actually revive the original games... or at least make a bloody HD remake of those! Either way - all we can do now is to wait and observe. There is no point in crucifying that poor bastard of a game just yet - it doesn't even bear "LoK" title, so lets give it a chance, shall we? We would have enought time to sink the ship and flee from it if anything goes west.

Besides... if it does "devolve" into what the rest MOBA kind of games are - it has to evolve into something good first, thus the history should repeat itself.

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 11:37
No we don't. We just have to build it around certain UTC. Ofcourse it would be easier to manage if players would belong to the same time group or ones which are closely located, but overall it isn't much of an issue! Even if stream would have "dead hours" - it won't necessarily be a problem - everyone needs to rest, viewers themselves can't keep up with the stream 24/7. There are, however, other complications, like there should be one stream channel for casual public and one for pros, since these kinds of people don't mix and have hard time tolerating each other... but hey - this idea hasn't even been greenlit yet and neither has anyone recieved an invitation! We should probably put it away for some other time.

I agree, I was just trying to understand your idea.

or at least make a bloody HD remake of those!

Have you heard about the Blood Omnicide project yet?

MasterShuriko
9th Oct 2013, 11:49
Only came across Blood Imnicide on youtube after watching the old playthrough. It was a nice experiment. Could be fun to have in the game library =D

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 11:58
Only came across Blood Imnicide on youtube after watching the old playthrough. It was a nice experiment. Could be fun to have in the game library =D

I am part of the dev team =P

MasterShuriko
9th Oct 2013, 12:34
I am part of the dev team =P

:eek:
How far is the project now then?

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 12:42
:eek:
How far is the project now then?

We are actually taking it slowly, as the money from donations isn't sufficient and we need a lot of money (that we are taking from our own) to make this project going... But some stages are already done =P

MasterShuriko
9th Oct 2013, 12:53
We are actually taking it slowly, as the money from donations isn't sufficient and we need a lot of money (that we are taking from our own) to make this project going... But some stages are already done =P

Have you started a collection on Kickstarter or are you relying on other methods?
Advertisement?
Steam?
Get some of the fans here and a link =D

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 13:01
Have you started a collection on Kickstarter or are you relying on other methods?
Advertisement?
Steam?
Get some of the fans here and a link =D

We actually don't have any of these. We have a site where you can do donations, download a demo and an alpha (version 0.1) and that's all.

MasterShuriko
9th Oct 2013, 13:07
We actually don't have any of these. We have a site where you can do donations, download a demo and an alpha (version 0.1) and that's all.

Alrighty.
But out of curiosity, does the other methods require you to dump a amount of money to them before they can help you put your game up and raise money for?
Can you link me to your site so that I may have a looksie? =)

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 13:22
Alrighty.
But out of curiosity, does the other methods require you to dump a amount of money to them before they can help you put your game up and raise money for?
Can you link me to your site so that I may have a looksie? =)

I'm sorry, I think I hadn't understood your question... It happens that English is not my first language.
About the link, I am sending to you in a PM.

MasterShuriko
9th Oct 2013, 13:51
I'm sorry, I think I hadn't understood your question... It happens that English is not my first language.
About the link, I am sending to you in a PM.

Rephrasing: You rely on other methods of funding your game right now.
Howcome you havent applied to Kickstarter or "steam Greenlight" since they can help you get your game out there?
Do these things cost a initial fee to start and thats why you havent used these options?

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 13:54
Rephrasing: You rely on other methods of funding your game right now.
Howcome you havent applied to Kickstarter or "steam Greenlight" since they can help you get your game out there?
Do these things cost a initial fee to start and thats why you havent used these options?

I actually do not know, It isn't my part to go to spreading methods =P neighter the finances.