PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Analog Right Stick To Look Correctly Via .ini File And Avoid Crashing

ZoLRaK
2nd Oct 2006, 17:29
HELLO:

I have an XBOX 360 WIRED CONTROLLER to play my pc games.
but trying to make the right analog stick is a great pain!
I can only use DOWN & UP, but no LEFT & RIGHT in my analog right stick

after this all my buttons works correctly.
the only problem is this: the crash when mapping tha use and atack buttons and the look around.

is there a way to make it work propperly via .ini file?
any help will be apreciated.

maddermadcat
3rd Oct 2006, 02:05
I don't think this is the right place for that kind of question.
Then again, I could be wrong...

Peter_Smith
3rd Oct 2006, 04:32
You are correct, maddermadcat. But then again, I could be wrong...

Try a forum that specializes in your type of device, e.g., at the manufacturer's site.

ZoLRaK
3rd Oct 2006, 13:02
the control works properly and the problem is the game:
THE PROBLEM IS:
HOW CAN I CAHNGE THE INI SETTINGS FOR THE CONTROL?
If I can´t have the help I need here then sorry for buggung then

crap game....a waste of money

Peter_Smith
3rd Oct 2006, 15:59
No need to get testy! And no need to SHOUT. You did not make yourself clear as to what the problem was.

Most people who play the PC version use keyboard and mouse. I am pretty sure the game was not tested on the PC with a variety of xbox controllers. It is unlikely that someone will come by who knows exactly how to modify settings for your controller. It could happen, though.

I can think of a couple of things. Sometimes USB controllers give problems, even when using keyboard and mouse. There may be no solution other than to unplug the controller and use keyboard and mouse. All I can suggest is: (a) remove all other USB devices and see if that works; (b) look for an INI file and see if you can figure it out.

ZoLRaK
3rd Oct 2006, 16:35
what i want to know is how to tweak the ini file.
as far as I know the xbox version and the pc one are the very same.
so analog control, i supose, is the same.
the control works perfectly, the problem is that only one funtion is for the right analog stick.
by example: only UP & DOWN are configured, it means taht only you can look up or down, but if you want to rotate right or left and you change this in options only left & right works. by exmaple : after doing this left is up and right is down...and would be very nice to have the proper configuration.
all I ask is someone to help me with this.

Am I the only user here with an xbox360 controller in his pc?
please help me, playing this game witha controller is very nice.
the only problems are the triggers and the analog right stck.
after this everything is ok

I was pocing the ini and not jumps where is supoused to look right and shoots in ethe left side like in deus ex, when I made another mess.

please send me a ini file with the configuration already done.
in my next edit I will post screenshots of my doing.

Komag
4th Oct 2006, 00:41
I used an Xbox 360 wired controller to play T2X (And Morrowind and Oblivion and others). I have a program that configures it all, Pinnacle Game Profiler, which I paid $20 for (I think) and it's GREAT! It's very complex though, with a bit of a steep learning curve, but it allows amazing extra benefits such as a shift button to get nearly twice the command options, advanced joystick commands, etc.

I have no idea about any ini files, either I can't remember or I didn't do anything like that. I remember some troubles getting the axis to work correctly, but messing around with the advanced settings, setting the axis different (U, R, X, V, Y, Z, etc, or something like that) and I eventually got it working right. Sorry I can't help any more specifically than that

theBlackman
4th Oct 2006, 06:59
Like Peter said, shouting is unnecessary. As far as the game goes, you are entitled to your opinion, but the game is not at fault, your setup is.

I suggest you go to a XBOX site and post your question there. Perhaps someone may have a "tweak" that they have used.

You are unlikely to get a INI file sent you as tweaks done by a particular gamer is likely to be configured for them, as all mine are individual to my wants and needs.

Try the manufacturers site, or as Komag says try the application he mentions.

ZoLRaK
4th Oct 2006, 13:20
I used an Xbox 360 wired controller to play T2X (And Morrowind and Oblivion and others). I have a program that configures it all, Pinnacle Game Profiler, which I paid $20 for (I think) and it's GREAT! It's very complex though, with a bit of a steep learning curve, but it allows amazing extra benefits such as a shift button to get nearly twice the command options, advanced joystick commands, etc.

I have no idea about any ini files, either I can't remember or I didn't do anything like that. I remember some troubles getting the axis to work correctly, but messing around with the advanced settings, setting the axis different (U, R, X, V, Y, Z, etc, or something like that) and I eventually got it working right. Sorry I can't help any more specifically than that

YOU ARE RIGHT!! THAT APP IS GOOD!

but where´s the carck???? still in trouble!
so config the ini is my only chioce
so please help me!