PDA

View Full Version : Need help on mission 12

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 08:28
How are you supposed to plant the beacons? Do you need to get out of your helicopter and do it on foot or do i do it while still in the helicopter? Everytime i even go NEAR the buulding like 6 rockets come along and blow my helicopter into peices :( Thnx in advance

BTW Im using the xbox version.

Ceano
1st Oct 2006, 08:56
How are you supposed to plant the beacons? Do you need to get out of your helicopter and do it on foot or do i do it while still in the helicopter? Everytime i even go NEAR the buulding like 6 rockets come along and blow my helicopter into peices :( Thnx in advance

BTW Im using the xbox version.
You use the helicopter to get up there then you have to go on foot to plant the beacons, go close to the red rings and you will get a text hint in the corner what to do.

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 09:26
Hey thanks for the really quick reply but have you or anyone else got any tips on how to dodge the rockets that come flying at you when you get close to the building? I am going to go and try it again now and do what you said tho :)

Ceano
1st Oct 2006, 10:46
Hey thanks for the really quick reply but have you or anyone else got any tips on how to dodge the rockets that come flying at you when you get close to the building? I am going to go and try it again now and do what you said tho :)
You don't approach from the front come in from behind, ones i did get out of the helo i abandoned it and did the rest on foot.

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 10:54
Ohh ok thanks heaps for your help :):D

blakey83
1st Oct 2006, 11:14
i use a trainer so i dont die.unlim health,ammo,grenades.:rasp:

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 11:16
i use a trainer so i dont die.unlim health,ammo,grenades.:rasp:

Ummm.... Cheats like that make games get boring MUCH MUCH quicker.... so im not jealous.... :rasp:

blakey83
1st Oct 2006, 11:20
i only use them when im messing around and creating havok.not on missions tho,the game is to easy as it is!:)

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 11:35
i only use them when im messing around and creating havok.not on missions tho,the game is to easy as it is!:)

Oh ok then lol, i wonder tho... whoever made that trainer must have been bored to include invincibility... u dont really need it haha :P

Crypton
1st Oct 2006, 11:46
Here is how I went about that mission:

In the chopper, went up high (real high) then, I jumped.. free fall down to the highest point (where the beacon is in the back at highest point)

Land there, place becon. Then, the large area where the next becom is (near all the silos ect..)

Head that way from first becon, jump off mountain side, almost immediately (very brief free fall) open your chute, you can then glide to the next one, just circle to make sure you land up on the building so you do not have to run up.

Next.. From the 2nd becon, you can jump off from it (semi high point) immediatly open your chute, you should be able to glide all the way down to the last becon.

From there, steal one of the AI's vehicles, preferably the higher armored ones, and there is a backroad there to take you up the mountain to the location where you program the missles.

After that.. off to the last part (wont spoil last part)

Anyhow, that was how it worked for me.

btw, anyone notice that chopper takes no dmg when you ditch it in the air?? I found it halfway up the backroad and was still usable..

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 13:06
Here is how I went about that mission:

In the chopper, went up high (real high) then, I jumped.. free fall down to the highest point (where the beacon is in the back at highest point)

Land there, place becon. Then, the large area where the next becom is (near all the silos ect..)

Head that way from first becon, jump off mountain side, almost immediately (very brief free fall) open your chute, you can then glide to the next one, just circle to make sure you land up on the building so you do not have to run up.

Next.. From the 2nd becon, you can jump off from it (semi high point) immediatly open your chute, you should be able to glide all the way down to the last becon.

From there, steal one of the AI's vehicles, preferably the higher armored ones, and there is a backroad there to take you up the mountain to the location where you program the missles.

After that.. off to the last part (wont spoil last part)

Anyhow, that was how it worked for me.

btw, anyone notice that chopper takes no dmg when you ditch it in the air?? I found it halfway up the backroad and was still usable..

Wow thanks for that huge reply, i will try every tip posted in this thread tomorrow and let you know how i went :cool:

Crypton
1st Oct 2006, 14:43
no probs, that was my fav mission of all of them, plenty of action going on :D

Have fun.

Crypton
1st Oct 2006, 23:24
Aiight, for your viewing pleasure, here is Mission 12 done the way I did it as mentioned above.

And.. please excuse that it is not running smoothly, game started the slowdown thing again when I reached the location where the mission starts and you hop in the chopper. :/ The stuttering you see is actually being caused by the slow mo effect + fraps running. I usualy don't get that, butmy pc has not been rebooted in a few days so, possibly needs it. (Oh, wait, Windows, most definately needs it)

Since I did not want to sit here and try recording several times in case I failed lol.. I decided to look up a cheat online, well, could not find cheats, but found a trainer, so.. I am using it in this video, as you can tell, im not too worried about being shot lol :P But, seriously I do not recommend cheating as it just ruins game play. But did give me a chance to notice some things since I can stand around shooting whatever I want. Seems bullets cannot pass between railing in this game, :( Need to work on that collision detection Avalanche! :P (small quirk, no biggie)

I didn't realize I had the "record sound" option in fraps turned off 0o. sorry.

Both Videos can be considered "Spoilers" So please, if you want to figure it out on your own, or figure out your own way do not view these..

Video 2 is the second part of mission 12, probably more of a spoiler than the 1st, I just put it up for anyone wanting to know where the back road was and how to go about getting the mission complete. Again, don't view if you hate spoilers...

Enjoy!

Requires DivX 6 to view: http://www.divx.com

Download Video 1 (http://www.savefile.com/files/124196) Mission 12 Part 1

Download Video 2 (http://www.savefile.com/files/124238) Mission 12 Part 2

Anyhow, off to bed, bout to have keyboard keys inprinted in my face...

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 23:54
Haha thanks for the video's :) i got the mission done and i saved it then my xbox foze :( but lucky i got to save it hehe...

Crypton
2nd Oct 2006, 08:37
Haha thanks for the video's :) i got the mission done and i saved it then my xbox foze :( but lucky i got to save it hehe...
cool :thumbsup:, was dead tired, just woke 0o. Xbox froze? Not running windows is it? lol j/k

Citnarf
2nd Oct 2006, 11:36
cool :thumbsup:, was dead tired, just woke 0o. Xbox froze? Not running windows is it? lol j/k

:lmao: it was an extremly hot day so it probably overheated.. oh well.. apparently the ps2 version freezes like every 10 mins on a cold day.