PDA

View Full Version : How is Lara new manor will look like?

ilie
1st Oct 2006, 02:12
I hope that now we can go outside her manor.:)
The current manor pleased me but I had expected it to be bigger:( . Anyhow Trl is the best Tomb Raider I have ever played. Please contact me at : fusarau_iliealexandru@yahoo.com

Headache
1st Oct 2006, 02:29
Lara's manor is big enough as it is, if you ask me. If got any bigger, you may as well call it a castle. (Not that it's exactly a bad thing)

And why would we have any need of contacting you?
Just asking.

aussie500
1st Oct 2006, 05:41
Frankly l am quite happy with the new manor, it looks better, is more realistic and has better furnishings. True l expect to get some outside area's in the next game, a few more rooms and possibly a few more hidden area's, but apart from that l thought the new manor was great.

ditom
7th Oct 2006, 21:17
The TRL manor is great but in TR8 the pool should be bigger.

Headache
7th Oct 2006, 23:52
The TRL manor is great but in TR8 the pool should be bigger.
:eek:
Im hearing everything needs to bigger and better. :mad2:

But that's besides the point.
I disagree.

Terminatorvs
8th Oct 2006, 04:24
Bigger doesn't mean better. In previous "TRs" everything was bigger because of the grid system. All the levels consisted of 2x2x0.4 metre blocks (I think the hight is 0.4 metres). It's easyer to build a big, rather than a small level of these type of blocks.

Sorin
8th Oct 2006, 10:22
The manor was generally fine. I too thought it was a bit on the small side, especially with no outdoor area, and with unuseable doors. But being a bit small might not be bad if her "run" speed stays the same. Takes awhile to get from one end to the other sometimes (but I suppose it pales in comparison to many of the areas in EQ2 :eek: )

StarChampagne
8th Oct 2006, 13:42
I personally would love to see more rooms in the manor, and also a huuuge outside... assault course, racing track, maze and all those bells and whistles. I love the current manor but I would also love to see more rooms :)

I remember wishing I could go outside the TR1 manor... and how excited I was when I could in TR2/3 :) It all seems so blocky now...

LΞGΞND
8th Oct 2006, 17:20
I would like them to take the design of the croft manor (1-3) and renevate it with things from the movie and legend...

plus I want them to bring back the trophy chamber... lol. that was nice...

nut theres a delema...

(ask what it is plz...)

ditom
8th Oct 2006, 18:54
The pool should be bigger!

aussie500
9th Oct 2006, 02:16

Well it was a bit strange that in the concept art for the Japan level there was what looked like a nice collection of artifacts with a wall sized aquarium. l always thought maybe they did not use that concept in the game because they were going to have something similiar to that later on in a future game.....something like a hidden trophy room perhaps

The pool should be bigger!

Its a pool not a lake, the pool is big enough

Terminatorvs
9th Oct 2006, 04:20
Having a trophy room back is a good idea. With ALL the artefacts from ALL the games of the amazing "TR" series. Plus a T-Rex head hanging on the wall, just like in "TR3".

LΞGΞND
10th Oct 2006, 17:21
Good one Terminator!! lol...

do ya'll agree with my old post? (below)

I would like them to take the design of the croft manor (1-3) and renevate it with things from the movie and legend...

nut theres a delema...

(ask what it is plz...)

ditom
10th Oct 2006, 19:15
I should be bigger!:mad2:

Terminatorvs
10th Oct 2006, 22:16
Good one Terminator!! lol...

do ya'll agree with my old post?
Perhaps, they should.
You wrote about some sort of a dilemma. What is it?

Headache
10th Oct 2006, 22:36
Yes, a trophy room would be charming alright. :cool:

Joshorty
11th Oct 2006, 00:21
I prefer the mansion over the manor - the mansion has MORE to EXPLORE - I feel like I'm in a birdcage when in the manor:( so boring...don't get me wrong - it was fun and all but even the mansion in the past can beat this...

shirl123
11th Oct 2006, 12:38
I prefer the mansion over the manor - the mansion has MORE to EXPLORE - I feel like I'm in a birdcage when in the manor:( so boring...don't get me wrong - it was fun and all but even the mansion in the past can beat this...

yeah, you had more things to do and/or explore in the mansion. ah, I miss those timed-trainings [the assault course and the racing track]. :p
I usually got back to the manor to collect the rest of the "secrets" and try the unlocked outfits. don't get me wrong, it was real fun! but it could've been better.

in TR8 I would like to get outside, have some timed-and-non-timed trainings\mazes, more rooms and secret rooms...I hope it isn't too much to ask for :p

StarChampagne
11th Oct 2006, 19:14
in TR8 I would like to get outside, have some timed-and-non-timed trainings\mazes, more rooms and secret rooms...I hope it isn't too much to ask for :p

I second that :)

Joshorty
11th Oct 2006, 19:46
EXACTLY:D!! But I don't blame them for not having an outside field 'cause they said themselves "Time was their enemy"- aiya even Eidos was kinda pushing them/rushing on Crystal Dynamics. as CORE was pushed too :(

LΞGΞND
14th Oct 2006, 12:11
delema:
if they make a trophy room they will probably add the chirugai and Echards sanglus, sigils, blablabla blade thing, but we wont know how she got it...

Do any of you know bout the Shaman woman?

shirl123
14th Oct 2006, 16:25
EXACTLY:D!! But I don't blame them for not having an outside field 'cause they said themselves "Time was their enemy"- aiya even Eidos was kinda pushing them/rushing on Crystal Dynamics. as CORE was pushed too :(

very true, but Core worked on it for 3 years. if it weren't for Eidos, AOD could've ended like Duke Nuke'em: Forever :lol: (for those of you who don't know: that game's being devloped since 1997. 9 years. yep.) ...you probably remember that AOD's original release date was sometime in 2001. so yep, AOD needed to be rushed at some point.
CD did a superb job in 18 monthes. rushed? well, they did a great "rushed" job ;)

LΞGΞND - that's a good point. we can't really know what came when. they also changed her whole biography.
but even if they added it - we know the stories aren't related... so it could be just a nice "easter egg". :)

Treeble
14th Oct 2006, 16:46
Do any of you know bout the Shaman woman?

Her name is Putai and rumour has it she helped and healed Lara when she stayed in the north African tribes after escaping the pyramid. (Core)

Lara is found barely alive and seriously injured by a journalist who takes her to a hospital (official TR novel, "The Amulet Of Power") - this isn't quite accurate, but it's somewhere along these lines. I've read the book a few years back, might be a good idea to read it again any of these days...

aussie500
15th Oct 2006, 04:15
Well since Legend probably takes place before AOD l do not think it will ever matter, you will see nothing from AOD in the manor anyway