PDA

View Full Version : DVD not recognised - PC version

Johnny Tee
29th Sep 2006, 19:15
I've just bought this game, installed it and it won't even run because Securom is unable to authenticate the DVD within the time limit. Absolutely brilliant.

Sorry, but I am not impressed with this. What do you want? Do you want me to send you my receipt and the box so you can see I bought the freakin' game? I BOUGHT IT. It is mine. I should be able to play it.

How do I sort this out?

And don't tell me to buy a new DVD drive. Mine works. It is ONLY this game that doesn't work on it.

Mike_B
29th Sep 2006, 20:02
Do you have daemon tools or any other virtual drive software installed? Or alcohol and what not. I believe securom goes nuts over these things.. If so you might want to unistall them and try again. If not I believe you can right click the shortcut and choose launch analysis and send it to support@securom.com for help.

Crypton
30th Sep 2006, 05:47
Your drive may be just having problems reading the disc. Sounds like it is not able to spin up at a high enough speed and read the data properly. This is common with SecuROM and StarForce protected games.

How old is your drive? Most new drives can handle the spin up and read of the protections implemented, unless they are weak/failing. Even if they read others fine. Not saying your drive is at fault.. It could be a bad burn on the disc and just not able to read it properly. Anyhow.

As mentioned by @m, insert the disc, then right click the games exe file (JustCause.exe) then choose the Launch Analysis. Then follow @m's post and email support, they may be able to get you fixed up to play.

Hope your able to resolve this.

// Regards,
Crypton

Johnny Tee
30th Sep 2006, 06:44
I don't have daemon, alcohol, any of that virtual drive stuff. If it's a problem with my DVD drive then, as I said, I'm not buying a new one to play a game that I only paid 17.99 for on play.com.

Until they bring out a patch that fixes their own protection issues I am having to resort to doing what medriller (above) has had to do.

Thanks for the replies, by the way - any further suggestions or comments are most welcome.

Ole123
30th Sep 2006, 13:28
Well, same poroblem here. No Daemon Tools or stuff like that. The DVD-Drive is 2 years old, so that might be the problem, but i'm pretty sure, i won't buy a new one just for one game.

Well, wrote to the securom-supportadress, but aslong as theres neither a patch nor a reply from securom i guess i'll have to go with mrdriller's "solution" too.

Ole123
2nd Oct 2006, 18:05
Hm, got a reply from securom, telling me to download a new .exe, and it actually works.

I'm quite surprised, they were really fast with that ... mailed them today, got an answer today ...

Crypton
2nd Oct 2006, 18:44
Hm, got a reply from securom, telling me to download a new .exe, and it actually works.

I'm quite surprised, they were really fast with that ... mailed them today, got an answer today ...
^^ yep, they are pretty good at giving support when the problem is on their part. May have been hardware incompatibility, in which case the file you sent them will tell them that and allow them to resolve it in future versions of their protection.

intrepid_soul
6th Oct 2006, 02:56
If its not a Securom related issue we usually find updating the DVD driver and the firmware solves this issue.

warbo2008
10th Oct 2006, 16:41
i have the same problem and would like to no where you get the new .EXE,

other than that i had i look round the net and found this....

You are trying to start a copy-protected application which requires the original disc to be in the CD/DVD-ROM drive. Please check to make sure your disc is an original.

If this message occurs while using the original disc, please check if the correct communication mode is chosen for your drive. Please check to make sure the DMA mode is enabled by using the Device Manager:

Open the Device Manager.
Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels.
Right-click the icon for the channel to which your CD/DVD drive is connected, select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab.
In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select 'DMA if Available' if the current setting is 'PIO Only.' If the drop-down box already shows 'DMA if Available' but the current transfer mode is PIO, then you must toggle the settings. That is: - Change the selection from 'DMA if available' to PIO only, and click OK. - Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to DMA if Available.

Now i havent tried this yet but i hope it works my self other than that ill be getting a crack for it.....