PDA

View Full Version : Cant Install

afdsgadfg
29th Sep 2006, 17:29
Anytime i put in the cd into my DVD it does nothing, doesnt load up the installer, doesnt even register with any of my DVD drives. The CD's completely scratch free and brand new.

Any issues concerning this?

ive also uninstalled all my demon tools, securom etc in case this caused any conflicts.

Cheers.

Mike_B
29th Sep 2006, 20:19
Did you clean up the register as well? If not jv16 powertools is pretty easy to use although it's a trial version. Or you could go in and find the keys yourselve and delete them.

afdsgadfg
30th Sep 2006, 12:43
Yeah ive ran that, quite a handy tool btw, but still the problem persists, cant say its the CD though it runs fine on my brothers comp. Like when i insert the disk, i see the green lights of my drive flash a few times likes its trying to load then nothing. And any other CD i use works fine. A strange one this :mad2:

Byunjoe
11th Jun 2007, 17:05
dude I had the same problem on my computer I think you cannot install because youre dvd reader isnt a super multi all cd/cdr/cdrw/dvd/dvdr/dvdrw7hddvd/bluray disk reader;)

hugh750
14th Jun 2007, 23:28
dude I had the same problem on my computer I think you cannot install because youre dvd reader isnt a super multi all cd/cdr/cdrw/dvd/dvdr/dvdrw7hddvd/bluray disk reader;)

Super multi has nothing to do with it, my 5 year liteon dvd reader plays just cause just fine (and it's not super multi, it doesn't support blue ray or dvd hd but it does read rw's and regular cd's and dvd's):thumbsup: .
He just most likely would want to check for a firmware update for his reader and see if that helps.:whistle: