PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause reboot the PC

dbo
29th Sep 2006, 15:34
I installed the game here. The game enters normally in the menu, but when I go in New Game, opens the Loading game then the PC is reseted (sometimes its show a blue screen of errors before reset). :mad2: :scratch:

Someone knows what could be??

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 15:46
Could be a number of things, drivers, hardware, software conflict (again possibly drivers)

Can you post your PC Specs and tell us what driver versions you are using for Video/Sound ect..

dbo
29th Sep 2006, 15:57
PENTIUM IV 1.8 GHZ
512 ram
FX 5200 (lasted drivers, 91.47)
Sound Blaster PCI 16 (lasted drivers, 2004, that was the last release, but a never had problems buecause of this before)

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 16:02
PENTIUM IV 1.8 GHZ
512 ram
FX 5200 (lasted drivers, 91.47)
Sound Blaster PCI 16 (lasted drivers, 2004, that was the last release, but a never had problems buecause of this before)
Have you checked your fans for dust build up and possibly see if the CPU/Video card are overheating?

Could possibly be the memory as well, 512 is a bit low, if you figure Windows XP (assuming that is what your using) will use roughly 110-150MB on a clean boot (given you do not have anything else loading in the background like AV, ect..) Then add in anything that is running in the background you can easily have windows using 200MB+ that leaves only around 300 for the game. An extra stick of 512 is very cheap these days, you probably use what PC-2100?

When you do not get a blue screen, do you get any visible errors? Such as a dialog saying it crashed and asking to send a report?

One thing I noticed about it though, it seems touchy when it comes to Codecs. If you have DivX installed ect.. You may want to uninstall them, unistall the game, then reinstall codecs, then reinstall the game last. This fixed the crash issue for me.

dbo
29th Sep 2006, 16:05
Have you checked your fans for dust build up and possibly see if the CPU/Video card are overheating?

Could possibly be the memory as well, 512 is a bit low, if you figure Windows XP (assuming that is what your using) will use roughly 110-150MB on a clean boot (given you do not have anything else loading in the background like AV, ect..) Then add in anything that is running in the background you can easily have windows using 200MB+ that leaves only around 300 for the game. An extra stick of 512 is very cheap these days, you probably use what PC-2100?

When you do not get a blue screen, do you get any visible errors? Such as a dialog saying it crash and asking to send a report?

not, the pc just reboot.

But 512 is in the minimum requeriments isn't?

So, I'll try do disable, anti virus, and other running programs to see what happens.

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 16:13
not, the pc just reboot.

But 512 is in the minimum requeriments isn't?

So, I'll try do disable, anti virus, and other running programs to see what happens.
512 is min requirements for the game, not for windows + the game.

If you wanted to really have base min requirements (512) for the game, you would technically need about 768MB of ram total, this would give windows the 110-200 it needs and still have roughly 512 left for the game. Hope that makes sense to you.

dbo
29th Sep 2006, 16:25

If you wanted to really have base min requirements (512) for the game, you would technically need about 768MB of ram total, this would give windows the 110-200 it needs and still have roughly 512 left for the game. Hope that makes sense to you.

Ok, makes sense. But when Eidos release the minimum requeriments, Eidos must consider that the game willl run in the Windows, so in the requeriments, Eidos include Windows XP on it. So in think, 512 is already considering the Windows XP.

Sorry by my English.:D

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 16:33
Ok, makes sense. But when Eidos release the minimum requeriments, Eidos must consider that the game willl run in the Windows, so in the requeriments, Eidos include Windows XP on it. So in think, 512 is already considering the Windows XP.

Sorry by my English.:D
it's not including XP :), When they say 512 for the game, it means just that, 512 for the game, Windows has its own requirements, which I believe is 128 or 256, anyhow add them together, 768 :) even with 128, that would be a total of 640, which is why it is recommended to have 1GB at least on XP this way your always a little over the min requirement. But I do not think the 512 is the issue, I think it is codecs, reinstall of the game after removing codecs may solve the issue. You should still look into getting another stick of 512 memory.

dbo
29th Sep 2006, 16:41
OK, i'll try to remove the Klite coed tha I have here.

dbo
29th Sep 2006, 17:14
I removed the codecs and the problem continues.... :mad2: :D

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 18:12
I removed the codecs and the problem continues.... :mad2: :D
But did you uninstall the game and reinstall the game after you removed the codecs?

Also be sure to reboot the PC after removing any codecs.

dbo
29th Sep 2006, 18:46
Yeah, I did all this...

Mike_B
29th Sep 2006, 20:11

Err since when :scratch:

Make sure of the following: right click my computer/properties/advanced/startup & repair settings /settings/uncheck reboot the pc automaticly
(I'm translating from a dutch version so I'm guessing that's what it will say in English)

And see what that gives also the questions was asked before but I don't believe it was answered, are you sure your pc isn't overheating? Does the rebooting and blue screen happen with other games as well? I believe Just Cause is quite graphicly intense so it could be that's why it's getting hot and not when you are performing regular task or running less intensive games.

dbo
29th Sep 2006, 20:30

Make sure of the following: right click my computer/properties/advanced/startup & repair settings /settings/uncheck reboot the pc automaticly
(I'm translating from a dutch version so I'm guessing that's what it will say in English)

And see what that gives also the questions was asked before but I don't believe it was answered, are you sure your pc isn't overheating? Does the rebooting and blue screen happen with other games as well? I believe Just Cause is quite graphicly intense so it could be that's why it's getting hot and not when you are performing regular task or running less intensive games.

I did it and now it shows the blue screen of error and didn't reboot, so I have to reset the PC.

I don't know more what can't be.... :mad2: :scratch:

:D

Crypton
30th Sep 2006, 00:38

I said technically. And when counting games requirements, 512 memory, does this not mean the game needs 512 free memory? If so, then does windows not use memory when it is running?

Be kinda like saying I have a half liter of apple juice here and a liter of orange juice here, and then trying to put them both into the same 1 liter container.

Xcom
30th Sep 2006, 00:59
I did it and now it shows the blue screen of error and didn't reboot, so I have to reset the PC.

What does the error say?

dbo
30th Sep 2006, 02:55
not specific, its a blue screen of error and talk about recent prograrms drivers instaleds(a default error mensagem), then hava a tecnical mensagem "STOP" fallowed by numbers e symbols.

sorry the english

angel.tdw
22nd Oct 2006, 19:58
sir i m suffering the same problem, as dbo does....

the menu and everything starts good....

but during loading, after the loading gets completed,,,,

the entire pc gets restarted. i have switched off the blue screen of death.

and auto start on, so my pc restarts directly without any message...

aint having any problem with other games,,, like hitman - BM, toomb raider

and others,,,, i have geforce fx 5200 card, same as bdo has.....

help needed...

thanx

angel

Maxx_Fire
22nd Oct 2006, 20:36
it's not including XP :), When they say 512 for the game, it means just that, 512 for the game, Windows has its own requirements, which I believe is 128 or 256, anyhow add them together, 768 :) even with 128, that would be a total of 640, which is why it is recommended to have 1GB at least on XP this way your always a little over the min requirement. But I do not think the 512 is the issue, I think it is codecs, reinstall of the game after removing codecs may solve the issue. You should still look into getting another stick of 512 memory.

All games have "system requirements" on the back of the cover... i.e. Your PC must be fitted with this as the minimum in order to play...

Do you think game makers test the games without having windows running??!? :scratch: :lol:

If he has 512Mb of ram in his PC then thats enough, although more never hurts (unless they are different brands/speeds! ;) )

@DBO

What are the numbers after "STOP"? They can help to figure out what the problem is, it will also give an error message like "not greater than or equal to..." and also it should mention a file, like nv4disp.dll

Next time it happens have a peice of paper and a pen handy ;)

Major_A
23rd Oct 2006, 08:48
Believe it or not that address error 0X000000F (as an example) and Google can help find the problem. I had an issue with a computer loading Windows and rebooting indefinately. After I was able to see the error a Google search later I found out it was due to a faulty CD/DVD drive. I replaced the drive and didn't see the error again.

Aksels
15th May 2008, 10:22
I think it is somehow relatet to teh Video Driver (Nvidia?).
I had DP DS running for several Months.
Then I Decided to reinstall my PC.
After that the Game worked fine, so I tried to install the Nvidia 3d STereo driver.
With this driver installed, wether or not you activate it. The Game will reset the computer when proceeding from the mainmenu.
If you deinstall 3d stereo, it works (on my PC).
Sad thing: if you ever played thief in 3d with Shutterglasses or similar, you donĀ“t want to play without ever again.
So I moved to other Games.......

Sincerly,

Aksels