PDA

View Full Version : Commanding Officers

Marshall Thomas
28th Sep 2006, 18:07
I really wish that officers in Imperial Glory could effect battles. I suppose that the designers created the rules reguarding officer's ablity to command units as a way of restricting large attacks early in the campaign.

Do starting captains, like Napoleon and Wellington, often end up as generals(or Field Marshals)?

I suppose that there is no way to mod IG so that generals, in addition to being able to command a number of units, could also effect performance in battle? I'm sure that this must be impossible or else someone would have already done it.

Would anyone please offer some thoughts on officers and their role in your campaigns? Thanks in advance

_five_by_five_
29th Sep 2006, 01:19
Do starting captains, like Napoleon and Wellington, often end up as generals(or Field Marshals)?

Well, if you make sure they don't die heroically before that, yes ;)
But usually it's hard to predict, I often end up with a field marshall named Kader Beh or the like because Russia never stops going on my nerves in Egypt :D

Concerning the nonexistant roles of generals on the battlefield: I don't mind, because the real "general" is you, the player, anyway ;)

Marshall Thomas
29th Sep 2006, 02:29
I suppose commanding officers rules are somewhat realistic as Napoleon's greatest strategic ability was to rapidly deploy large armies more effectively than his contemporaries. And, as you wrote, because tactical battles are not abstract in IG - you play the role of field general.