PDA

View Full Version : More Divorsity

IzzyIzzRealE
21st Jul 2012, 17:13
I wish there was more diversity from the japanese created charcacters like Sora, Riku, and all those others not the disney characters and I know that they live in japan and they don't see alot of other people besides japanese people but the creater of Afro Samurai is japanese who lives in japan so with that being said I'm giving them no excuse not to make any other type of characters besides Japanese characters and for those white people out there who like to think that sora and all those other characters like him are white think again Japanese artist have always purposely made their characters look white with blue eyes and blonde hair even though they are actually japanese characters cause some japanese people are confused so with that being said there are technically no white characters either. Just to be perfectly clear I'm Black and I'm not just asking for Black characters I'm asking for hispanic characters, Native american Characters, arabian characters, actual white characters just all around f**king diversity, look I'm a artist to and I draw more then just black characters cause the world that I live in consist of diversity, it demands it and I know that if they did these japanese artist would have so much to work with cause we all know that the coolest looking characters in Kingdom Hearts are the Japanese created characters not the disney ones. So who else is down for some diversity in Kingdom Hearts?

member_10751449
22nd Jul 2012, 00:19
I don't see why not. Just as long as they don't use lazy design.

member_10074094
22nd Jul 2012, 13:48
*diversity

IzzyIzzRealE
22nd Jul 2012, 14:02
*diversity

Thanks now tell me how u feel about "Diversity" in Kingdom Hearts?

member_10074094
22nd Jul 2012, 14:20
I agree with you. The character's are 'anime' so they have big eyes, which is somewhat deceptive because they are asian (sorry if that sounds racist... but its true). The only racial diversity we see is in the disney worlds, not in any characters introduced for the purpose of KH... we don't even see any of the more diverse FF characters appear. As long as they can avoid offensive stereotypes, I 100% agree that they need to have more in it.

EDIT: although, to be honest, I never notice differences when they are in front of me... people are people to me

IzzyIzzRealE
22nd Jul 2012, 16:18
I agree with you. The character's are 'anime' so they have big eyes, which is somewhat deceptive because they are asian (sorry if that sounds racist... but its true). The only racial diversity we see is in the disney worlds, not in any characters introduced for the purpose of KH... we don't even see any of the more diverse FF characters appear. As long as they can avoid offensive stereotypes, I 100% agree that they need to have more in it.

EDIT: although, to be honest, I never notice differences when they are in front of me... people are people to me

And I notice that they did have some diversity in FF, that one black guy I saw is kinda a stereotype but I can't get mad cause these are japanese artist in japan and they don't see alot of black people or any other type of people for that matter and I have to take into account that they use alot of hiphop magazines, black tv shows, and movies as reference and I know as a black person our own ***** can be stereotypically offensive but at atleast they're trying even if it comes out that way "A wise man see's failure as progress" and if they do it enough times they will get it right its the effort that counts instead of just avoiding the issue all together that gets us nowhere as a people my man.