PDA

View Full Version : (PC) Do Not Buy This Game Till a Patch Comes Out !!!

WorkinfortheCIA
27th Sep 2006, 16:48
...seriously. Shame on Eidos and shame on Avalanche. I don't know who is more to blame. Did Eidos rush Avalanche to bring it out on a certain release date or are Avalanche just lazy and dumb programmers that have never played a PC game in their life. I don't know. If the latter is the case, Shame on Eidos for not having good quality control. I guess Eidos didn't learn anything from the fiasco of the buggy Hitman-BM release. Whatever. Eidos and Avalanche, you suck hairy donkey balls.

This game is so full of bugs I don't even know where to begin.

Ok, let's begin with the sound. The game keeps freezing for 2-5 seconds when there is alot of shooting, sirens blaring, or helicopters flying around. And don't tell me it's system specs. Other games run fine. Plus the sound synchronization is terrible. If I hear a helicopter, I want to know in which direction to look for it. I'll just hear the sound of a heli likes it right over my head, but in actuality it's way off to the right. And what's with the constant "stop ! Polizia !" wherever you go, without a wanted level. You can even hear it when flying around in a plane or helicopter.

Graphics: Graphics generally run smooth, except for the glaring brightness ! The sun reflecting off water can make you go blind. Literally ! And no settings to adjust the gamma ? The game becomes absolutely unplayable when it's dark out. Generally there should be more settings to tweak the graphics to your system.

Gameplay and physics: Terrible ! Which is a shame. The concept of the game is wonderful. How one can so totally nullify a good concept with such bad programming is beyond me. If you are going to make a GTA-type game, then learn from the masters. Vehicles should have at least SOME semblance of realism. Cars should have grip and mass and not feel like your skidding over an ice skating rink all the time. And planes and helicopters without rudders ?!? Come on, you're kidding right ?

And paragliding with the grappling hook. Maybe I'm missing something here. I thought you could hook on to a car and enjoy the scenery and not be thrown off after a few seconds. I have only been able to climb into a heli once. All other times when I try to pull up to one, I get thrown off. Like I said; maybe I'm missing something. So I'll give the programmers the benefit of the doubt.

Battles: Enemies spawning out of nowhere left, front and back. It makes everything chaotic. It's just a rush and a dash to complete the next checkpoint. There's no room to develop a strategy or battle plan. That sucks.

Safehouses>The garages: You can drive a car into a garage. All is well. Now try to leave the garage. The door won't open unless you get back in the car and drive out. Which is...well...pretty pointless.

Menu and controls: No point and click with the mouse in menus ? What is this ? DOS ?!? And no gamepad support. Are you guys nuts ?

Bottom line: Bring out a massive patch that fixes things or your game will go the way of Driv3r and True Crime, which was straight to the dustbin.

gasdorf
27th Sep 2006, 17:41
but its easy to crash into your target car and will loose controll and flip...the flipping of a car is quite funny....as for you commit about night time how dark is it ....in the jungle at night??? you have a flash light? night vision? :nut:

this game has alot of lazy programer errors quite funny , i only have a laggy demo right now but i what to play it just for the unrealness .:lol:

WorkinfortheCIA
27th Sep 2006, 22:21
but its easy to crash into your target car and will loose controll and flip...the flipping of a car is quite funny....as for you commit about night time how dark is it ....in the jungle at night??? you have a flash light? night vision? :nut:

this game has alot of lazy programer errors quite funny , i only have a laggy demo right now but i what to play it just for the unrealness .:lol:

Yeah you can still laugh. I'm happy for you, I really am. you didn't buy the game yet.

I did ! :mad2:

Wrath_of_hitman
27th Sep 2006, 22:33
ok i understand your anger but Eidos only publishes games they not developing them,this in particlular Avalanche :nut:

Sarkamen
27th Sep 2006, 22:35
thats true but as far as patches go i am fairly sure its up to Eidos weather they get made or not...please Eidos i hope your listening....

WorkinfortheCIA
27th Sep 2006, 22:48
ok i understand your anger but Eidos only publishes games they not developing them,this in particlular Avalanche :nut:

I'm not so sure about that. Doesn't Eidos set the release date ? I suspect Eidos puts the dev companies under alot of pressure to make the deadline. I could be wrong though.

blakey83
27th Sep 2006, 23:39
its a real shame i have to wait a few weeks(or months) until the probs r resolved.i cant realy play the game as the sound/freezing bug is my biggest problem.:(
but lets face it.....what game has ever been released faultless on the pc?any ideas?:confused:

Wrath_of_hitman
27th Sep 2006, 23:40
I'm not so sure about that. Doesn't Eidos set the release date ? I suspect Eidos puts the dev companies under alot of pressure to make the deadline. I could be wrong though.

ok even so,but don't you think that regular users like us could spot those glitches after 30-60 minutes of gameplay it's too obvious,i mean come on this game probably never saw any alpha testers,not even talking about beta :whistle:

blakey83
28th Sep 2006, 00:09
ok even so,but don't you think that regular users like us could spot those glitches after 30-60 minutes of gameplay it's too obvious,i mean come on this game probably never saw any alpha testers,not even talking about beta :whistle:

good point.it seems as if the game was built around very,very specific hardware.so far there has been gpu,cpu,sound,and control conflicts.
did avalanche playtest this at all with an average gamer in mind:confused:

WorkinfortheCIA
28th Sep 2006, 07:41
its a real shame i have to wait a few weeks(or months) until the probs r resolved.i cant realy play the game as the sound/freezing bug is my biggest problem.:(
but lets face it.....what game has ever been released faultless on the pc?any ideas?:confused:

Well let's see. GTA-SA actually had to bring out a patch later. Not because there were bugs, no far from it. They were court ordered to remove an EXTRA feature that they had hidden in the game.

blakey83
28th Sep 2006, 07:49
Well let's see. GTA-SA actually had to bring out a patch later. Not because there were bugs, no far from it. They were court ordered to remove an EXTRA feature that they had hidden in the game.

yeah but at least san andreas was playable to an extent.i cant seem to get on with this 1:scratch:

WorkinfortheCIA
28th Sep 2006, 14:54
yeah but at least san andreas was playable to an extent.i cant seem to get on with this 1:scratch:

me neither. It definately needs polishing.

Disciple
28th Sep 2006, 15:40
...seriously. Shame on Eidos and shame on Avalanche. I don't know who is more to blame. Did Eidos rush Avalanche to bring it out on a certain release date or are Avalanche just lazy and dumb programmers that have never played a PC game in their life. I don't know. If the latter is the case, Shame on Eidos for not having good quality control. I guess Eidos didn't learn anything from the fiasco of the buggy Hitman-BM release. Whatever. Eidos and Avalanche, you suck hairy donkey balls.

This game is so full of bugs I don't even know where to begin.

Ok, let's begin with the sound. The game keeps freezing for 2-5 seconds when there is alot of shooting, sirens blaring, or helicopters flying around. And don't tell me it's system specs. Other games run fine. Plus the sound synchronization is terrible. If I hear a helicopter, I want to know in which direction to look for it. I'll just hear the sound of a heli likes it right over my head, but in actuality it's way off to the right. And what's with the constant "stop ! Polizia !" wherever you go, without a wanted level. You can even hear it when flying around in a plane or helicopter.

Graphics: Graphics generally run smooth, except for the glaring brightness ! The sun reflecting off water can make you go blind. Literally ! And no settings to adjust the gamma ? The game becomes absolutely unplayable when it's dark out. Generally there should be more settings to tweak the graphics to your system.

Gameplay and physics: Terrible ! Which is a shame. The concept of the game is wonderful. How one can so totally nullify a good concept with such bad programming is beyond me. If you are going to make a GTA-type game, then learn from the masters. Vehicles should have at least SOME semblance of realism. Cars should have grip and mass and not feel like your skidding over an ice skating rink all the time. And planes and helicopters without rudders ?!? Come on, you're kidding right ?

And paragliding with the grappling hook. Maybe I'm missing something here. I thought you could hook on to a car and enjoy the scenery and not be thrown off after a few seconds. I have only been able to climb into a heli once. All other times when I try to pull up to one, I get thrown off. Like I said; maybe I'm missing something. So I'll give the programmers the benefit of the doubt.

Battles: Enemies spawning out of nowhere left, front and back. It makes everything chaotic. It's just a rush and a dash to complete the next checkpoint. There's no room to develop a strategy or battle plan. That sucks.

Safehouses>The garages: You can drive a car into a garage. All is well. Now try to leave the garage. The door won't open unless you get back in the car and drive out. Which is...well...pretty pointless.

Menu and controls: No point and click with the mouse in menus ? What is this ? DOS ?!? And no gamepad support. Are you guys nuts ?

Bottom line: Bring out a massive patch that fixes things or your game will go the way of Driv3r and True Crime, which was straight to the dustbin.

I feel exactly the same; word for word.

Downloader
28th Sep 2006, 16:42
I paid for and love tha game jsut as it is. An the patch ure asking for is to be found in a new/other game, get over it.

HiCZoK4
28th Sep 2006, 16:44
i sign in .
but about that garage - sometimes it works correctly and sometimes not .dont known why.
and "SPTO POLIZIA" yes it is hear very very often ,but its called not to you but other citizens/criminals....but still to often ,,,

and why the hell there are helicopters attacking everyone everywhere i got !!! that is hilarious :mad2:

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 12:57
Most likely some will have worse issues than others, agree the game needs to be patched, but I am actually finding it very addicting, loved GTASA and GTA Series, but this game so far has taken the cake (for me that is) it is a bit more exciting and the feel of it is great. Now, if they patch it up and "spice" it up a bit with some other things, it would be a much greater game. Definately alot of potential with this one. Lets just hope they listen to us.

blakey83
29th Sep 2006, 13:02
i would like 2 see some modifications to it in the future.maybe an online mod,or maybe some new vehicles and ariel stunts!
who knows what could happen with this great game engine,but lets hope its done with more care next time.
without a doubt its an awesome game,but the bugs and glitches r preventing it from being top of my list.:)

kotd
19th Oct 2006, 13:47
Going back to WorkinfortheCIA first post, i feel io have to comment on this.

I agree the game has some serious fundemental flaws, like graphic and sound lagging, and flawed battles with "randomly" generated foes appearing all around adding to a "rush for the flag" or "kill the end boss" routine,removing the joys of battle.

I hope in some ways these can be improved upon in a sequal to Just Cause, in the mean time Eidos "the Publisher" and Avalanche "the developers" need to publish a pretty big patch for the game, (PC Version), Sorry to the guys and Gals of consoles.

To summeries I would like to see the games stuttering sounds, jerky graphics and yes the helicopter following the user everywhere, so the slightest wrong doing is treated by an onslaught from death from above, All looked at.

I enjoy the game even with these problems, but I would seriously rethink about purchasing another Avalanche, and Eidos without seeing a vast improvement beyond "look how big the map is", and will wait if not pass on future releases.

FunkyMunky
22nd Oct 2006, 12:58
The audio bug is by FAR the most annoying because it happens so frequently.

Avalanche need to make this their biggest concern when patching the next version.

Major_A
23rd Oct 2006, 09:00
With all the problems this game has I'd be more than content with just deleting the "stop right there citizen" sound byte. I physically cringe when I hear that. Someone would think I was crazy if they walked by and saw me cussing at my monitor in response to that annoying byte.

I said it before but this is why PC gamers complain about port jobs. The lack of options is more than an inconvenience. We want full control over the games we play. If I want to turn off HDR let me. If I want to mute the dialogue I should be able to.

gurugeorge
23rd Oct 2006, 18:26
I have to say I'm ambivalent about this game for the PC. Actually at the moment I'm very annoyed because I've just installed and played a bit of it, and I just realised I've lost a whole bunch of gameplay that was pretty exciting, but that I don't want to do again because I'm a moderately busy man who has a bit of time for relaxation with a videogame, but not enough time to spend going over the same bit loads of times.

But I've taken some deep breaths and calmed myself down :)

Creativity wise and graphics wise it's great and it's running fine on my system (old 533Mhz FSB Pentium IV 3.06, 1 Gig Ram, ATI X1600 AGP videocard, smooth at 1024x768). But there are a number of annoying problems:

1) Control lag - the mouse is just not responsive. And compared with Oblivion, say, it's difficult to select things to "E" them - it requires too much maneuouvering around, which just detracts from the immersion.

2) Standard PC "home comforts" missing. This may not seem very important, but the absence of them is just a constant irritation that takes away from the game. I think a little bit of thought on the little touches that make a PC game wouldn't have gone amiss. Standard things like mouse control of menus and ability to alter mouse sensitivity. But the real biggie in the missing PC "home comforts" department is:

THE SAVING SYSTEM,
THE SAVING SYSTEM,
THE SAVING SYSTEM,
THE SAVING SYSTEM,
THE SAVING SYSTEM,
THE SAVING SYSTEM,
THE SAVING SYSTEM,
THE SAVING SYSTEM,

Did I mention the fricken' SAVING SYSTEM????

Really, there's no point in having a PC game without quicksave and the ability to save and load named games. This is the 21st century.

One thing: I'm never going to trust a PCZone (Brit mag) review again. The review was laudatory, but didn't point out the flaws.

Mugman
16th Nov 2006, 22:07
Bump

Not one mention of a patch coming out. This game is garbage. I think I'm gonna have to just throw the POS out 'cause every time I see the disk I get pissed how I wasted my $$.

Should've known better after Deus X 2.

I'm guessing Eidos pressures the devs to just get something out the door no matter what.

Grats Eidos!!! You have made the list along with EA and Lucas arts. I refuse to spend any more $$ on any product published by anyone on that list.

Whitefalcon684
17th Dec 2006, 01:23
Most likely some will have worse issues than others, agree the game needs to be patched, but I am actually finding it very addicting, loved GTASA and GTA Series, but this game so far has taken the cake (for me that is) it is a bit more exciting and the feel of it is great. Now, if they patch it up and "spice" it up a bit with some other things, it would be a much greater game. Definately alot of potential with this one. Lets just hope they listen to us. i agree with you completely but it could take a good while for them to fix all the bugs in the game...i have the same freezing problem and the "STOP POLIZIA" problem aswell but it doesnot make the game unplayable for me but overall its a good game very addicting

SergioDokic
22nd Dec 2006, 03:30
For me what's more anoying is the camera, when you wanna face the enemy on your back you have to run making a big circle and moving the mouse some 4 times to the direction you want to turn. The planes are so dificult to manouver, I still haven't managed to make a landing. And some veicules... like the monster truck near the vulcano it's like just a rubber bumbing car instead of smashing other cars that crap even if it's a tiny car blocking us it goes on the air and bounces like a toy. The jeeps look like if were driving on a icy road just like that need for speed kind of racing car in that island with the inner lake, when I saw that i thought it would be one of the best cars of the game, even that WWII time small wolkswagen is better then that. Other thing is the lack of boats, there should me more peers along rivers and coast but with boats. And the re-spawing like you people said it sucks, I thought I could use the armed helis on the aside missions when we have to blow somthing or someone up but like you guys must have experienced after we fired some half a dozen missiles we get 2 goverment helis after us and always reaparing when we finish them.
Other thing that i deslique on these gta kind of games is the garages, when we get a veicule in a garage it should be saved for ever even if we don't return it to the safe house, it's pointeless to save a favorite car in a garage if we can't use it afraid that it get lost or blown before the end mission save.
I've tried some of these kind of games but for me not even these modern ones beat the gameplay and veicules simulation of Mafia City of lost haven.

ghotten
16th Jan 2007, 20:01
the main message dude is right. Although, where it freezes, that's called lag - and you're right, it's not your PC. its your hard drive. Right now i have my eyes set on a 500gig external hard drive with 7000 rpm - apparently, this handles brilliant ammounts of data, Just cause wont be a problem for it. and your game shouldn't really lag. I have a GeForce 7300 at the minute, comes under "recommended" on the back of the bloody case, and i still lag like ****. :mad2: i even put my resolution on 800 x 600 or whatever, something my PC shouldn't even have to go anywhere near, and yet still it lags. I've played it on xbox 360 and the graphics and gameplay are so much better on that. The only downside on 360 is the trees, their res is crap when they're beyond 30 foot from you. besides that we played the "rocky" music while running up a stunning realistic cliff to the whorehouse. I pitied myself for having to come back to my piece of bull. those idiots at the companies should get about making a mod to fix up that dodgy sky aswell. If you've left your game on main menu long enough, it shows a trailer. THAT's what it looks like on 360, not PC.

CCJ
10th Jan 2008, 02:26
Well that won't work. It's already being more than a year and what did we get? Yep, nothing. NOt even support.

DZorro
26th Aug 2008, 20:23
Well that won't work. It's already being more than a year and what did we get? Yep, nothing. NOt even support.

I am with you there, we should all boycott the new game, if they could not even fix this one how can can we hope to have a better one next time ??:rolleyes:

transient
23rd Nov 2008, 05:09
Ok, this game is just broken. I truly cannot believe that absolutely no patch was issued to deal with the many many many problems in this game.
None the less, I can't stop playing it, hidden under all those bugs is an amazing game.
So, the bug that annoyed me most was the "Stop Policia" etc. etc. that you'd hear all over the place for no apparent reason. The thing that broke the camels back was as I was gliding around in my parachute high in the sky with absolutely nothing in site, I hear quite loudly coming out of nowhere "Stop Policia" ARGH!?! I'm trying to immerse myself in the game here.
So either way I found a little work around to shut the cops up completely. It gets rid of all the police sound effects but I think it's quite worth it just to stop this annoying bug.
go into your game directory.
Go into SFX.
Go into Dialogue.
Go into English. (this is assuming you have the english version I guess?)
Rename DLG_ENG_GENERIC_POLICE.sab -> DLG_ENG_GENERIC_POLICE.bak
Now you've removed the annoying cop sounds.
If you ever want them back just rename the file back to the original name.
(but why would you want them back?!?!)

I also hate the phantom helicopter, but I don't want to get rid of all helicopter sounds :(

Well, probably no one plays this game anymore but I thought i'd post this up anyway.