PDA

View Full Version : SCi annual results, some info on Tomb Raider AE

MissLara2U
27th Sep 2006, 08:42
"We will continue to exploit established brands. During the 2007 financial year we will release Tomb Raider Legend on the Nintendo Gamecube, DS and GBA platforms. In the second half of the financial year we plan to launch an Anniversary edition of Tomb Raider, celebrating ten years of the legendary Lara Croft. We will launch a new version of Championship Manager, fully updated for the 2006/7 football season achieving our objective of moving this franchise to an annual release early in the football season."

"Our 2008 products will include new versions of Tomb Raider (including a PS3 version) and many of our other key franchises. We also plan new franchises, including completely new products from both Crystal Dynamics (developers of Tomb Raider) and Io Interactive (developers of Hitman and Kane & Lynch)."

CONDENSED PRESS RELEASE AND STATEMENT (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2944.html)

enoch
27th Sep 2006, 13:47
Interesting info. However, no actual news about what platforms to which the AE edition will arrive. It may seem more suitable should they decide to make it for the 360 (I hope not) given the fact that it will be released in the first or second quarter of 2007. At that time all three nextgen-consoles have arrived and the ps2 may be a bit outdated?

DKSM
27th Sep 2006, 16:15
If you view the whole report you will see that they state they are not developing anything for the PS3 until it establishes itself.

You can view that report here (http://miranda.hemscott.com/servlet/HsPublic?context=ir.access&ir_option=RNS_NEWS&item=36352603381022&ir_client_id=3144). ML2U has weeded out all the applicable TR information, so I don't know how interesting it will be to you.

MissLara2U
27th Sep 2006, 16:29
ML2U has weeded out all the applicable TR information, so I don't know how interesting it will be to you.

It fired my imagination.

Legendary Lara Croft
27th Sep 2006, 17:15
so anniversary edition will be out this year or next? which platforms it if going to be made for? i heard before about pc, ps 2 and psp versions

DKSM
27th Sep 2006, 18:56
Second half of their financial year, which ends in June '07(?) so expect it (unless there are delays) in early 2007. They didn't mention platforms, but PS2 and PC seems likely.

enoch
27th Sep 2006, 19:35
If you view the whole report you will see that they state they are not developing anything for the PS3 until it establishes itself.

You can view that report here (http://miranda.hemscott.com/servlet/HsPublic?context=ir.access&ir_option=RNS_NEWS&item=36352603381022&ir_client_id=3144). ML2U has weeded out all the applicable TR information, so I don't know how interesting it will be to you.

The article on tombraiderchronicles.com doesn´t say anything about 'untill it establishes itself'. I understand it as TR8 will be released in 2008, my only q about the AE was wether they would release an 360 or Wii version as well since ps2 gets a bit dated when we reach the spring of 2007.

DKSM
27th Sep 2006, 19:50
That's why I provided a link to the whole report. It gives information about the company as a whole and their direction. So no confirmation the AE.

"Our 2007 line up illustrates the breadth of our products and our spread across hardware platforms. We have 19 new release planned on over 60 platforms (plus further releases on mobile phones). These new releases will include versions on PC, Sony Playstation 2, Sony PSP, Microsoft Xbox 360, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameboyAdvance, Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo Wii

We have not planned any releases on the Sony Playstation 3 platform in the 2007 financial year. This is consistent with our policy to launch titles on a new platform when the platform reaches a commercially viable installed base.Therefore we are not adversely affected by Sony's recent announcementthat the European release of the PS3 has been delayed until early 2007. Our PS3 products in development are planned for release from the 2008 financial year onwards."

So the only confirmation I can get from this is that the AE will not be on the PS3, at least when it's initially released in the second half of the financial year. But, it offers a chance of it being on the Wii. I suggest to wait on it, because TRL kept getting expanded console coverage as time went by. The same thing might occur here.

Treeble
27th Sep 2006, 21:51
it offers a chance of it being on the Wii.

Whohooo! Oh, I mean... Wiiiiii! :D :thumbsup:

MillaFan
28th Sep 2006, 20:03
As cool as the Wii sounds, we're not likely to be getting many games that are on all of the consoles anymore. The controller would make it much more of a job to port them over, just because it's so different.

That's not to say I won't get a Wii though. I think it's a really great idea.

Treeble
28th Sep 2006, 20:39
I'm definitely only getting a Wii. The first party franchises Nintendo has have been enough for me in the past decades, so I don't see that changing in the near future. If there's a Tomb Raider game out for it, it's a bonus. I'm not crazy about spending thousands on a Sony product for a single game (and its sequels, possibly). :)