PDA

View Full Version : Map Ideas

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 13:11
Come on, guy, who there have already thought in some cool maps for the game? Post here your design ideas, maybe they (the developers) see this topic and find some worthy information =)

For an Example, I would love a map in Avernus Cathedral, one in Vampire Citadel and one around the Pillars (maybe a King of the Hill map here).

GeorgeCST
3rd Oct 2013, 13:29
How about in the Sarafan Stronghold? In SR2 and Defiance there were nice open spaces in the gardens, corridors and high walls and stuff vampires could climb on,

Also in the swamps where Raziel meets Vorador in SR2.
Uschtenheim - the snowy mountain city in SR2.
The Vampire City where he found Janos in SR2 - tall map.
Vorador's Mansion/Courtyard?

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 13:50
Surelly sarafan's stronghold is a cool place to fight, and the defiance parts are really great for a 5x5 combat...

Kainslegacy
3rd Oct 2013, 14:18
I would personally like to fight in meridian. i think that would be and awesome map because its such a dark and cluttered city.

The_Hylden
3rd Oct 2013, 15:01
A lot of these places are probably nothing but barely standing ruins. We've seen the Stronghold a bunch of times. If it's shown, it would be nice to see it crumbling near total collapse. Same goes for Uschtenheim, Avernus, Janos' Aerie already was collapsed in on itself, etc. Like what's left of Nupraptor's Retreat in SR1, there probably is barely anything left of most of these places. Avernus was already burning and crumbling, but it would be nice to see a new human settlement, with the ruin of the cathedral in the background.

Vampmaster
3rd Oct 2013, 15:06
I remember at the community event George mentioning he'd like to have a blood fountain somewhere. What if the blood from the fire forge had trickled down towards Uschtenheim and gotten into the fountains water supply? The town would look drasticly different if that had happened as well as it falling apart over the years. Maybe it's been too much time for that or maybe it had been maintained by people or vampires living there.

Denam_Pavel
3rd Oct 2013, 15:46
I'd like to have a map in the Ancient Vampire Citadel, restored to prestine shape by Kain to contrast all the ruins.

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 16:10
Yeah, the ruins of Sarafan's stronghold would be awesome! Statues broken in pieces, it's walls shattered... would be a REALLY COOOL place to fight *-*

The_Hylden
3rd Oct 2013, 16:15
One problem with the Vampire Citadel, everyone, is that Kain does not know of its existence in this time period. No-one knows of its existence.

In the future, Kain and Raziel travel back to the past, and then wind up fighting the EG there, and after future Kain's declaration to it to remain buried deep, he wouldn't return there to do anything with that place, either.

Nice idea, Vampmaster. I do like the concepts shown of human places where thy look to have built into the walls of rock. The surrounding sheer rock walls in Uschtenheim would be ripe for this.

Denam_Pavel
3rd Oct 2013, 21:30
One problem with the Vampire Citadel, everyone, is that Kain does not know of its existence in this time period. No-one knows of its existence.

In the future, Kain and Raziel travel back to the past, and then wind up fighting the EG there, and after future Kain's declaration to it to remain buried deep, he wouldn't return there to do anything with that place, either.

Well if future Kain said he wanted it to stay buried then that's the end of that but Kain and Raziel not knowing about it before Defiance isn't really a big deal. Raziel has been dead for a couple of centuries now and Kain has gone AWOl and certainly isn't spending his time gossiping with rank and file Turelim and Dumahim, let alone the other factions in this game.

The_Hylden
3rd Oct 2013, 22:01
No, he can't find it now, because Moebius only will tell him of it in Defiance, when he's gone back in time. The Lake of Tears will be shrouded in fog and he won't know what's there, until he solves the puzzle and goes there.

Now, the Citadel will be a ruin in Nosgoth that essentially could be visible after this point, one would think, but Kain has apparently never seen it. This leads me to believe it actually sinks into the Lake after the events of Defiance and so nothing will remain to find.

Reidbynature
3rd Oct 2013, 22:11
I remember at the community event George mentioning he'd like to have a blood fountain somewhere. What if the blood from the fire forge had trickled down towards Uschtenheim and gotten into the fountains water supply? The town would look drasticly different if that had happened as well as it falling apart over the years. Maybe it's been too much time for that or maybe it had been maintained by people or vampires living there.

Would be interesting to see an arena flooded with blood.

*queue Monty Burns "the blood usually gets off at the second floor". :p

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 22:36
The idea of the sinking actually makes more sense then the fog thing. The whole idea was that there is no need to kain to know that there had once been a battle there. the vampires that did battled could be dead by the time Kain comes back, you know?
But anyway, other place I would like to see would be Lake of Lost Souls... Imagine how difficult it would be to the vampires to fight close to the water!
That said, it would be the only chance to Aquamen (oops, Rahabim) to show its powers =PPP

MrMilky
4th Oct 2013, 00:05
A place where I'd fight in "Nosgoth"?

Well two locations come to my mind

The abyss and the pillars.

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 01:14
Would be nice to fight on a recreation of the sight of Raziel's execution. I imagine falling into the abyss would kill both vampire and human considering it's a large drop into a vortex.

ZeroFernir
4th Oct 2013, 01:21
I think that the abyss would be a bad idea, since it would be a huge open stage, so humans would be getting a lot of vantage here...

The_Hylden
4th Oct 2013, 07:26
I forgot to mention this before when it was suggested, but fighting at the Pillars would mean fighting within the Sanctuary of the Clans. I don't think that would make too much sense that humans could infiltrate there. Plus, of course, Kain locks the chamber with the Reaver. Perhaps he left it open in his absence, but still getting into the place should be next to impossible for humans, and also suicide. The heaviest of forces probably guard the place. They did wind up infiltrating Dumah's high walls, but right now they appear to be fighting small skirmishes, and if they attack the vampire cities, it's probably only the start of such campaigns. Anyway, it would be nice to see the Santuary from afar.

ZeroFernir
4th Oct 2013, 12:03
Surelly! The sanctuary is a beautiful place... now that you said, It's true: humans could not come into the Sanctuary of the Clans....

MrMilky
4th Oct 2013, 12:05
Surelly! The sanctuary is a beautiful place... now that you said, It's true: humans could not come into the Sanctuary of the Clans....

Too bad, I was under the clear impression that they could've used the cranes :D

Vampmaster
4th Oct 2013, 12:10

That'd will be why the door was barricaded in SR1. ;)

ZeroFernir
4th Oct 2013, 12:12
That'd will be why the door was barricaded in SR1. ;)

Surelly... dunno how I could forget it =P

Umbralim
5th Oct 2013, 05:58
I really like the idea of a huge water lock level with a lake being held by a dam and the humans can open the water lock temporarily flooding the map in which case all vampires need to get to high ground,
Or learn how to doggy paddle and not melt in water.

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 15:32
I really like the idea of a huge water lock level with a lake being held by a dam and the humans can open the water lock temporarily flooding the map in which case all vampires need to get to high ground,
Or learn how to doggy paddle and not melt in water.

I think that it would be not good to play in... the humans would have a vantage other than the initial range vantage... that map would make them OP...

The_Hylden
5th Oct 2013, 19:28
Unless there are Rahabim there, but then you run the risk of making it exclusive/overpowered the other way.

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 19:35
Unless there are Rahabim there, but then you run the risk of making it exclusive/overpowered the other way.

But as long as vampires saw the map, there would be 5 Rahabim there, agains 5 humans. Vampires all die once, but then respawn as rahabim (if that is permitted, to change classes between deaths) and then vampires go 10/1 frag, because if devs make a water-class rahabim vampire, it NEEDS to be OP in water, because it would suck out of it.

Reidbynature
5th Oct 2013, 19:36
I think if you were careful about how much advantage it gave to either side a map with some of those qualities could be pretty interesting. On the one hand it offers some environmental advantages for humans, but if there are Rahabim present then they could just cut through those defenses easily and force the humans to adapt.

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 19:47
I think that there shouldn't be water-style rahabim, neighter maps with great amounts of whater. Why would vampires go fight in a place that they know being close to a water font. Are they nuts? They would go fight anywere else.

Reidbynature
5th Oct 2013, 20:09
Yet there are areas within vampire territories that have vast amounts of water and you can't always pick your battlefields.

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 20:23
Yet there are areas within vampire territories that have vast amounts of water and you can't always pick your battlefields.

But it would have little battles in places with water. I think that it is a bit unfair making a map that has a large amount of water. Little water, ok, like a fountain or something, but not enought to make vampires go to high places all over the map.

Reidbynature
5th Oct 2013, 20:33
It depends on the layout of the map in my view. Give enough ground for humans and vampires to fight on and vampires need not be in danger of falling in all the time. Plus while water isn't like acid for a human it could still be a danger in game. In game the humans could easily drown as opposed to the vampires burning up. It could be a hazard that works both ways.

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 20:40
It depends on the layout of the map in my view. Give enough ground for humans and vampires to fight on and vampires need not be in danger of falling in all the time. Plus while water isn't like acid for a human it could still be a danger in game. In game the humans could easily drown as opposed to the vampires burning up. It could be a hazard that works both ways.

I think that the drowning idea would seem stupid for the new audience. In nowadays games, everyone want the characters to know how to swim.
A thing to oppose the water, in my opinion, is the Lore bar that I posted in the other topic.

Vampmaster
5th Oct 2013, 20:46
I think that the drowning idea would seem stupid for the new audience. In nowadays games, everyone want the characters to know how to swim.
A thing to oppose the water, in my opinion, is the Lore bar that I posted in the other topic.

Maybe that's what George meant when he said the lore is watertight! LOL

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 20:48
kkkkkkkkkkk, SURELLY! Damn, he see the future =P

Reidbynature
5th Oct 2013, 20:50

Yet not every game will allow your character to swim. I don't see it as a big deal personally. Plus I would argue that what some of the gear the humans are wearing that an ability to swim wouldn't stop them from drowning under all that weight anyway. Certainly for the hunter at least.

Though maybe it would be worthwhile adding a swimming ability for the lighter looking human classes since many will want to see the Rahabim added and feature some swimming ability. It could make things more nuanced. You could make the humans slower in water and unable to fire if they are submerged, but the upshot being that it's another possible escape from vampires.

I'm not sure as to what you're referring to when you mention "lore bar". Could you explain, please?

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 21:25
Yet not every game will allow your character to swim. I don't see it as a big deal personally. Plus I would argue that what some of the gear the humans are wearing that an ability to swim wouldn't stop them from drowning under all that weight anyway. Certainly for the hunter at least.

Though maybe it would be worthwhile adding a swimming ability for the lighter looking human classes since many will want to see the Rahabim added and feature some swimming ability. It could make things more nuanced. You could make the humans slower in water and unable to fire if they are submerged, but the upshot being that it's another possible escape from vampires.

I'm not sure as to what you're referring to when you mention "lore bar". Could you explain, please?

First of all, I will make explicit that I oppose to Rahabim having water abilities. I think water shouldn't be a determinant factor in any game, and I want to see Rahabim being playable in non-water maps too.

As for the Lore Bar, it is the thing that Umah teaches Kain in the beggining of BO2. When Kain drinks blood, his Lore Bar rises, and when it goes full, he get some special abilities. He glows red and goes stronger. I would like to see that in Nosgoth, as Umah said to him that it was nothing but a ability all vampires had, but didn't knew how to use (or something like that)

Reidbynature
5th Oct 2013, 21:45
First of all, I will make explicit that I oppose to Rahabim having water abilities. I think water shouldn't be a determinant factor in any game, and I want to see Rahabim being playable in non-water maps too.

As for the Lore Bar, it is the thing that Umah teaches Kain in the beggining of BO2. When Kain drinks blood, his Lore Bar rises, and when it goes full, he get some special abilities. He glows red and goes stronger. I would like to see that in Nosgoth, as Umah said to him that it was nothing but a ability all vampires had, but didn't knew how to use (or something like that)

Well the ability to swim doesn't automatically negate their ability to walk around on land. Remember that this is centuries before Raziel's rebirth and even then they had legs and were found on land. At this point in time they're are probably closer to human in appearance than fish-like. They could still be formidable on land as well.

Ok. Now I know what you're referring to (haven't played BO2 in a long time). It sounds like a leveling up ability. Though I don't follow whey you would say it could oppose a water ability. Also with any sort of leveling system I would imagine there would be a player matching system that generally means you fight other players of similar levels.

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 21:55
Well the ability to swim doesn't automatically negate their ability to walk around on land. Remember that this is centuries before Raziel's rebirth and even then they had legs and were found on land. At this point in time they're are probably closer to human in appearance than fish-like. They could still be formidable on land as well.
The idea of playable, for me, is not only you can play with it, but it is good playing with. I want Rahabim to be as good as the others while out if the water.

Ok. Now I know what you're referring to (haven't played BO2 in a long time). It sounds like a leveling up ability. Though I don't follow whey you would say it could oppose a water ability. Also with any sort of leveling system I would imagine there would be a player matching system that generally means you fight other players of similar levels.

Nope, it is a bar that when gets full, would be slowly going down, and until it is empty, you get some bonuses. So the effect of it would be a mid game, temporary bonus. It is now exactly opposed to water, but could be used to balance the things.

Reidbynature
6th Oct 2013, 17:49
The idea of playable, for me, is not only you can play with it, but it is good playing with. I want Rahabim to be as good as the others while out if the water.

And why do you assume they wouldn't be? Just because they could have a water ability means they would be useless on land.

Nope, it is a bar that when gets full, would be slowly going down, and until it is empty, you get some bonuses. So the effect of it would be a mid game, temporary bonus. It is now exactly opposed to water, but could be used to balance the things.

Ok, so you mean it to be applied as a mid game ability bonus. You still don't explain how that opposes water. I'm afraid I need that one explained to me.

RainaAudron
6th Oct 2013, 18:22
They said Rahabim are unlikely to be added, so my bet would be on Zephonim/Melchahim.

Reidbynature
6th Oct 2013, 18:25
Damnit. That's annoying. I mean why set it in the vampire vs human war if you're going to leave out any of the clans?

Denam_Pavel
6th Oct 2013, 23:05
If they can already crawl over walls and pointy ears are out for fear of alienating new buyers then I don't see them having much interest in adapting the Zephonim.

Vampmaster
6th Oct 2013, 23:16
If they can already crawl over walls and pointy ears are out for fear of alienating new buyers then I don't see them having much interest in adapting the Zephonim.

They mentioned at the community event that climbing walls isn't the only ability the Zephonim could have. I'm think they might be planning something related to their webbing.

ZeroFernir
6th Oct 2013, 23:49
They mentioned at the community event that climbing walls isn't the only ability the Zephonim could have. I'm think they might be planning something related to their webbing.

Webbing or, what I think is more probable, Stealth. Zephonim were the stealth ones.

Paradoks_db
7th Oct 2013, 15:03
Avernus was already burning and crumbling, but it would be nice to see a new human settlement, with the ruin of the cathedral in the background.
Avernus was in ruins, but the cathedral's fate is unclear. While Raziel says that it "would not be immune for long", Kain viewed the situation differently sating: "Though the city lay in ruins, the Cathedral remained untouched. The demons knew better than to bite the hand that feeds them".
It definitely is in ruins at the time Nosgoth takes place, but if Kain was correct, then some parts of it may still be accessible. I think it could be a great opportunity.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 15:42
Avernus was in ruins, but the cathedral's fate is unclear. While Raziel says that it "would not be immune for long", Kain viewed the situation differently sating: "Though the city lay in ruins, the Cathedral remained untouched. The demons knew better than to bite the hand that feeds them".
It definitely is in ruins at the time Nosgoth takes place, but if Kain was correct, then some parts of it may still be accessible. I think it could be a great opportunity.

Maybe, and that would be a cool option.

Vampmaster
7th Oct 2013, 16:06
Webbing or, what I think is more probable, Stealth. Zephonim were the stealth ones.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. I don't really consider stealth an ability, more of a characteristic or a style of ability. Imagine using the web to snare an enemy from a distance and then they'd be completely unprepared for the beating you'd give them up close. Sounds pretty sneaky to me.

You did give me an idea though. What if when you're playing as a Zephonim, enemies had a blind spot? As long as you're within a 30 degree cone behind their back, you'd appear as a faint haze from their point of view.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 19:44
And why do you assume they wouldn't be? Just because they could have a water ability means they would be useless on land.

Ok, so you mean it to be applied as a mid game ability bonus. You still don't explain how that opposes water. I'm afraid I need that one explained to me.

Yeah, but would be worst then the others. About the lore, it would be a bonus to oppose the water setback.

They said Rahabim are unlikely to be added, so my bet would be on Zephonim/Melchahim.

I would love to see a character for all the clans, and I don't think it would make sense for them to put only some of the classes. That would make us, fanbase, even more mad than if they put only some random vampires.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. I don't really consider stealth an ability, more of a characteristic or a style of ability. Imagine using the web to snare an enemy from a distance and then they'd be completely unprepared for the beating you'd give them up close. Sounds pretty sneaky to me.

You did give me an idea though. What if when you're playing as a Zephonim, enemies had a blind spot? As long as you're within a 30 degree cone behind their back, you'd appear as a faint haze from their point of view.

I think the webbing think could not be done, because, as I think you mean, it would be done from a distance, and vampires are meant to melee. I loved the idea, but I think that it is not enough... maybe they could be hazed if they walk slowly too, so they would be hazed for everyone.

Vampmaster
7th Oct 2013, 20:20
Yeah, but would be worst then the others. About the lore, it would be a bonus to oppose the water setback.

I would love to see a character for all the clans, and I don't think it would make sense for them to put only some of the classes. That would make us, fanbase, even more mad than if they put only some random vampires.

I think the webbing think could not be done, because, as I think you mean, it would be done from a distance, and vampires are meant to melee. I loved the idea, but I think that it is not enough... maybe they could be hazed if they walk slowly too, so they would be hazed for everyone.

IMO, grabbing an enemy from a distance wouldn't count as a ranged attack because it wouldn't do and damage by itself. You'd still have to defeat them with melee attacks once you'd brought them towards you.

If that's overpowered, maybe enemies would deflect it if they saw you or maybe it would have to recharge between use like the other special abilities.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 20:35
IMO, grabbing an enemy from a distance wouldn't count as a ranged attack because it wouldn't do and damage by itself. You'd still have to defeat them with melee attacks once you'd brought them towards you.

If that's overpowered, maybe enemies would deflect it if they saw you or maybe it would have to recharge between use like the other special abilities.

But would be a bit unfair if a Turelim joins a zephonim... the zephonim pulls the human and then the Turelim kills him like, two~3 hits.

Vampmaster
7th Oct 2013, 20:46
But would be a bit unfair if a Turelim joins a zephonim... the zephonim pulls the human and then the Turelim kills him like, two~3 hits.

Well that's just good teamwork.

EDIT: It was at least 6 hits in the demo.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 21:15
Well that's just good teamwork.

EDIT: It was at least 6 hits in the demo.

anyway, it would be fast. And this teamwork is not hard to do, you know?

Vallass
10th Oct 2013, 16:07

I would think that instead of it being a ranged grab, it could be a placed snare ability. Say you place it and humans can't see it till they step on it, next to it, etc. Kind of like a trap door spider, you don't see it till it's too late. They could even give it a light outline that can only be seen close up.

ZeroFernir
10th Oct 2013, 16:15
I would think that instead of it being a ranged grab, it could be a placed snare ability. Say you place it and humans can't see it till they step on it, next to it, etc. Kind of like a trap door spider, you don't see it till it's too late. They could even give it a light outline that can only be seen close up.

Maybe both. There is a lot of space for new abilities, not only one for each class.

Vampmaster
10th Oct 2013, 16:22
anyway, it would be fast. And this teamwork is not hard to do, you know?

Humans were *not* easy to kill even if you could get up close. You could still be killed by the victim's buddies before you finished him off. Also, the grab isn't any more advantage than the Dumahim pounce, it's just instead of you moving to them, you'd be bringing them to you. It's essentially the same amount of damage.

EDIT: It was absolutely essential that you got them while they were alone and got the heck out of there once you were done.

ZeroFernir
10th Oct 2013, 16:32
Humans were *not* easy to kill even if you could get up close. You could still be killed by the victim's buddies before you finished him off. Also, the grab isn't any more advantage than the Dumahim pounce, it's just instead of you moving to them, you'd be bringing them to you. It's essentially the same amount of damage.

EDIT: It was absolutely essential that you got them while they were alone and got the heck out of there once you were done.

I saw that in the trailer =P Poor Dumahim...

RemovedQuasar
10th Oct 2013, 16:33
Sarafan Tomb:

Vampires:

Profane the crypt of the Sarafan Warriors

Humans:

Stop the vampire before they could profane the tomb.

(Of course NOT the same Saraan Tomb of Raziel and his brothers, but just another ^^ )

ZeroFernir
10th Oct 2013, 16:46
Sarafan Tomb:

Vampires:

Profane the crypt of the Sarafan Warriors

Humans:

Stop the vampire before they could profane the tomb.

(Of course NOT the same Saraan Tomb of Raziel and his brothers, but just another ^^ )

why would vampires want that? u.u

Vampmaster
10th Oct 2013, 16:53
why would vampires want that? u.u

Good question. It offers no strategical advantage whatsoever.

RemovedQuasar
10th Oct 2013, 16:59
Well they could revive other Sarafans like Kain already did in the past. But i think this would no respect so much the lore of the game.

What about the contrary?

Ruins of the Sarafan Stronghold:

Humans:

Defend the holy site from the vampires

Vampires:

Conquer the ruins

We don't know what happened to the Saran Stronghold during the Kain Empire, so i think that could be a possible battle scenario for the game :D

ZeroFernir
11th Oct 2013, 00:29
Well they could revive other Sarafans like Kain already did in the past. But i think this would no respect so much the lore of the game.

What about the contrary?

Ruins of the Sarafan Stronghold:

Humans:

Defend the holy site from the vampires

Vampires:

Conquer the ruins

We don't know what happened to the Saran Stronghold during the Kain Empire, so i think that could be a possible battle scenario for the game :D

That would actually be a normal match in the Sarafan Stronghold scenario.

LordNekronom
11th Oct 2013, 19:16
That would actually be a normal match in the Sarafan Stronghold scenario.

As far as I know the Sarafan Stronghold is sealed away and unreachable, it is unearthed by cataclysms during Raziel's fall, but the world isn't that devastated yet. Though it isn't implausible that an earthquake unearthed it by now, it's not that likely

Bazielim
11th Oct 2013, 21:40
As far as I know the Sarafan Stronghold is sealed away and unreachable, it is unearthed by cataclysms during Raziel's fall, but the world isn't that devastated yet. Though it isn't implausible that an earthquake unearthed it by now, it's not that likely I think you'll find that's the Sarafan Tomb (in the area of the Cemetery, South-west of the pillars). The area of the Sarafan Stronghold (by the Great Southern Lake, South-east of the pillars) is not visited in SR1. ;)

LordNekronom
12th Oct 2013, 02:31
I think you'll find that's the Sarafan Tomb (in the area of the Cemetery, South-west of the pillars). The area of the Sarafan Stronghold (by the Great Southern Lake, South-east of the pillars) is not visited in SR1. ;)

explain why the stronghold is the same as the tomb in sr2 then :D

The_Hylden
12th Oct 2013, 04:09
:scratch: It's not the same place. Bazielim is correct.

The only thing I can think of that you mean is the circular room with Raziel's statue and his brethren painted in murals? That's just a room within the Stronghold, not their tomb, nor does it become their tomb.

TheIrtar
12th Oct 2013, 06:11
The Ruins of Meridian

Once the great city of the South, Meridian was picked clean by the Vampires when it fed to fill their pens. The once great avenues and buildings of Meridian have mostly fallen, but the ruins provide places for a resurgent humanity to hide, and to strike. Fight your ways through the crumbling pipes and infrastructure of one of the greatest cities of humanity.

We know that nature has been a bit on the backheel since the pillars crumbled, and so I don't know how much of Meridian would be overgrown with vegetation, or it would also be in a state of entropic decay like most of Nosgoth.

We know that, despite all the paradoxes, time changes very little, so I imagine Meridian was also an industrialized power which was formerly one of the few strongholds to give Kain pause. Maybe in this timeline Kain met defeat at the hands of Meridian as well?

And maybe the Vampires will meet it there again?

The Turelim Arena

A great space, where Vampire Warriors may test their mettle against Human Prisoners for prestige and glory. The stage is set to give each side as level a playing field as possible, to truly test the mettle of these gladiators. There would be no fun if there was no risk. Let those who triumph bask in glory, or at least get to live to see another sunrise.

A wonderful excuse to set up a very gamey, very balanced map. Just make it an arena, maybe with vampiric spectators watching on. Why Turelim you ask? Just from the unused soundtrack for the Turelim from SR1, the Turel combat music sounds very fitting for an arena. I just imagine that soundtrack, with a crowd of bloodthirsty vampires cheering on the bloodbath below.

Soundtrack in question: http://youtu.be/v1aQscbID2w?t=19m8s

The Jungles

With the rise of the Empire, Humanity fled to any hole or crevice they could find. The jungles to the south-east of Meridian have given a number of humanity haven for years. The torrential downpours and numerous waterways give even the most veteran vampire host cause to halt. Push on, drive them out, for the glory of Kain!

A hazard map. All sorts of water, and the like. Imagine, as a vampire, having to move from cover to cover to avoid the rain. Stand out in it too long, and you risk the water overcoming your vampiric healing factor. Would be a reverse of the standard maps (with vampires crowding for cover, and the humans taking the open ground) though would need some work on balancing. Could be an interesting change of pace.

The Ruined Aerie

With the fall of grace of the Razielim after their Lieutenant's heresy, they were chased from one home to the next. From one fortress to the next, they have fled for centuries. With the truce amongst the clans, the Razielim have gone to reclaim on their aeries. Imagine their surprise when they found humans nesting there instead.

Large, open map. Lots of ruins for cover. Make it high up so there's a lot of falls which should make play risky for most humans and vampires. Maybe make the map a little TOO open, aerially, so that if the Razielim get too comfortable in the air they will get rained upon easily by archers.

AlterRequiem
12th Oct 2013, 23:34

maybe they dont have to swim in a body of water to gain benefits. maybe they are the only class that can use fountains, waterfalls and small bodies of water to rejuvenate themselves. not in the same way feeding does, but maybe a buff that applies when a rahabim has soaked in water recently. that way, it may become an objective for the humans to lock down bodies of water so that rahabim are less effective.

also the lore bar only gave him a slightly bigger health bar every time you hit the cap.

RemovedQuasar
12th Oct 2013, 23:47
It's not the same place. Bazielim is correct.

The only thing I can think of that you mean is the circular room with Raziel's statue and his brethren painted in murals? That's just a room within the Stronghold, not their tomb, nor does it become their tomb.

Yep, the Sarafan Stronghold isn't see again after the Post-Blood Omen Era during SR2, the Sarafan Tomb is a different place. But perhaps the ruins still existed during Kain Empire.

ZeroFernir
13th Oct 2013, 00:12
maybe they dont have to swim in a body of water to gain benefits. maybe they are the only class that can use fountains, waterfalls and small bodies of water to rejuvenate themselves. not in the same way feeding does, but maybe a buff that applies when a rahabim has soaked in water recently. that way, it may become an objective for the humans to lock down bodies of water so that rahabim are less effective.

also the lore bar only gave him a slightly bigger health bar every time you hit the cap.

That was a great idea *-*! I think I it would be great olaying rahabbim like that =P