PDA

View Full Version : game crashes after couple of minutes...Radeon?

klsh
26th Sep 2006, 21:01
Hello!
I bought this two days ago, installation was ok, then first run and... whoa! Cool. I like it! And then, suddenly after... i don't know,2-3 minutes game crashed andi saw my beautiful desktop. I've tried to find a txt bug report, but it looks that game doesn't generate any reports (i only have this:
AppName: justcause.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: justcause.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000539a9)
and place when this bug report should be is empty.
I have:
Pentium 4 HT 3,2 GHz, 2048 MB RAM, 400 GB HDD, ATI RADEON 9550 256 MB(catalyst 6.5 now) and Sound Blaster 24Bit Live (External).
I download new drivers to Radeon (6.8, then 6.9, all with this stupid Control Centre), and I've spend whole day trying to run this (drivers) properly, check and defrag hdd,then installing new direct x (9.0c). I think that 99% of this problem causing bad drivers for graphic card. I had this problem with Elders Scroll IV Oblivion, but I've changed 6.9 drivers to 6.5 and this was ok. Apparently Just Cause need newer drivers, but after install 6.5, 6.8 and 6.9 game crashes too. I don't know what to do else. I learned how to catch a car with Protec Grappler G3 and I want more fun! My girlfriend too-she like that kind of games :) HELP!

bheroniphr
26th Sep 2006, 21:21
Hey there,

Can't help with your exact crash issues but can help with the bloody ATi control panel ****e.

On the downloads page, only download the DRIVER from the LOW BANDWIDTH area. I run an office with 50 odd PC's all with ATi and the catalyst hydravision thing annoyed the hell outta me.

This means you just get the standard windows display options (inc dual monitor etc) just without all the useless guff.

Soz can't help with main issue!

Ben

klsh
27th Sep 2006, 17:24
I think i've done everything to make that game run properly. Still nothing. Game crashes after couple of minutes. Crap!:mad2:

zeekadet
1st Oct 2006, 14:13
:mad2: i have tried clean windows install with latest driver :
sb xfi, ati 1900xt amd x2 4600 2gb msi am2 mainboard . other games work fine.

i also use windows vista , with vista no crahses but it looks worse than xp pro
i hope sone for a update !!!

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 22:52
Crashes like this can also be caused from corrupt RAM sticks.

Crypton
1st Oct 2006, 23:01
Crashes like this can also be caused from corrupt RAM sticks.
yep, but he is able to run it on Vista no prob and, Vista is VERY tempermental when it comes to hardware working properly. Found a bad stick of ram in one of my other systems about a month ago when I attempted to install Vista Beta on it :P

Citnarf
1st Oct 2006, 23:05
yep, but he is able to run it on Vista no prob and, Vista is VERY tempermental when it comes to hardware working properly. Found a bad stick of ram in one of my other systems about a month ago when I attempted to install Vista Beta on it :P

Zeekadet got it to run on Vista not Klsh.;)

Crypton
1st Oct 2006, 23:22
Zeekadet got it to run on Vista not Klsh.;)
lol, yeah, misread, its that time for me, bedtime. waiting on this last bit of video to upload.