PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen on a Mac Book Pro!

unik
26th Sep 2006, 11:34
I've recently switched to a mac, just thought I'd let you know that I've installed Tomb Raider Legend on my Apple Mac Book Pro with Boot Camp, Windows XP running. With 2 GB of Ram, the Next Generation Content runs absolutely smooth, things do slow down however with the shadows switched on.

I've replayed the complete game in Next Gen mode in it truly makes a difference! The water effects are stunning, so is the vegetation, Ghana is pure bliss. The Ice cave an temple in Nepal are simply beautiful. Makes me wish I could simply walk around for hours without any enemies, bosses or jaguars.

RuumTaedor
26th Sep 2006, 16:23
Hi unik. That's great news! I don't have an Intel Mac yet, but my local Apple dealer allowed me to install the Legend demo on an Intel iMac, and it worked fine. Glad to hear your positive news about Next Generation content.

I've mentioned this before, and I'll continue to mention that there have been Mac versions of previous Tomb Raiders, but so far, Legend is being released on every other platform on the planet except the Mac. :( Maybe we'll year some news in the near future.

CatSuit&Ponytail
27th Sep 2006, 07:30
there have been Mac versions of previous Tomb Raiders, but so far, Legend is being released on every other platform on the planet except the Mac.
Yes, that's very odd. What would our collection of TR games be without the Mac version! :D

THE True Lara
27th Sep 2006, 13:53
Aspyr usually take a while to do the mac version for us though, don't they.
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and waiting patiently.

CatSuit&Ponytail
27th Sep 2006, 15:10
That's true, TTL :)

RuumTaedor
27th Sep 2006, 16:34
As I've also mentioned in the past, I only learned with Legend that apparently Aspyr developed the Windows version, so, theoretically, there is hope that a Mac version will be forthcoming. I just wish Eidos would confirm this, or state their intention, or something.