PDA

View Full Version : PC tunnel Run in Bolivia

Fugitive
25th Sep 2006, 05:18
what the hell is wrong with game makers??
why does this game take away control and put you in a cutscene stabbing keys like a monkey to get a treat? whers the gameplay?
I HAAAATE THAT.
software geeks, always messing up games...jeeezuz.

OK, now thats out, I have the pc U.S. version, and I can walk, now what is the arrow down with the ghostbusters red circle thru it mean when Im running out the tunnel at the end of level in Bolivia??
what am I supposed to do? Ive tried every key and nuthin!

ELEN
25th Sep 2006, 07:04
You just need to press the keys that appear. If the Down arrow appears, press the Down arrow key. If the Up arrow appears, press the Up arrow key. (Try the 4 arrow buttons on the right hand side of your keyboard, to the left of numpad.)

Fugitive
25th Sep 2006, 13:44
You just need to press the keys that appear. If the Down arrow appears, press the Down arrow key. If the Up arrow appears, press the Up arrow key. (Try the 4 arrow buttons on the right hand side of your keyboard, to the left of numpad.)

I did. nuthin! on screen all that appears is a down arrow crossed out by a red ghostbusters-like ring. WTH? You think I need that patch? I have the US ver and can make her walk with shift.

why take away control like this? its stoooo-oooopid.
poor PC gamers always get some ported over from console crap version of games. all the moneys in console games, so our controls are clunky and poorly thought out.

might as well go ahead and help bury pc gaming and join the mind numb button pushing masses of console gamers.

-------------EDIT-------------------------
I got it. For PC its hold down shift (to walk?) and use the arrow keys.
for this run its shift+down arrow first, the next one is shift+up arrow as she dives then jumps over and the blades. made it, but sheesh, camon devs-this is stoopid.

aussie500
25th Sep 2006, 20:52
We only had to press the arrow keys indicated, not shift as well, do not know why yours would be different. Maybe you get it crossed out if you miss it, or press the wrong key?

Headache
25th Sep 2006, 22:44
If the arrow points 'UP' press the up arrow on your arrow keys. If it points 'DOWN' press down on your arrow keys. If it points 'RIGHT' press your right arrow key. And if it points 'LEFT' press your left arrow key.

Oiy. No offense to anyone, but why is it that so hard?

Terminatorvs
25th Sep 2006, 23:48
Hm... There's nothing special with those interactive cutscenes - just press the directional keys. Perhaps, you have a defected version of the game. Can you tipe here the version of the product? (It's written in the lower right corner of the title screen, just in case).

aussie500
26th Sep 2006, 03:16
No just a player not paying attention seems more likely. l actually went back and deliberately pressed the wrong buttons in the cut scene and managed to get this red thing Fugitive is talking about, since l usually do not press the wrong buttons l had not particularly noticed it (also l have not played the game for a few months). All you have to do is press the directional button as indicated same as the rest of us did, press it when it comes up, that simple. It has NOTHING to do with the walk button, also the cutscene is not at the end of the level

NightRain'06
26th Sep 2006, 04:15
It was frustrating for me at first too when I saw those interactive keys to press during the cutscenes. You just have to be quick enough to react and press the corresponding arrow keys when the arrow symbols appear. Don't worry, you'll get past it. :)

Personally, I think it was creative the way they input that feature because you feel like you're participating during the scenes. Well, that's exactly the intention I guess.

Fugitive
26th Sep 2006, 17:50
It was frustrating for me at first too when I saw those interactive keys to press during the cutscenes. You just have to be quick enough to react and press the corresponding arrow keys when the arrow symbols appear. Don't worry, you'll get past it. :)

Personally, I think it was creative the way they input that feature because you feel like you're participating during the scenes. Well, that's exactly the intention I guess.

frustrating...yes! now games are a movie where you watch while stabbing keys when prompted?? o god, what has happen to gameplay?
gimme the original tomb raider in 640x480 with a lara with razor sharp pointed boobs, no other people in the game. just some tombs, traps and an occasional critter.
great graphics DOES NOT make up for gameplay and interacting with a cut-scene by stabbing keys when prompted is like taking an open-book test, no thinking required. you see? its dumbed down for you, just look at the pretty pictures. awwwwwwww. participating? wow...errr, uhhhh...ok.

Treeble
26th Sep 2006, 21:28
frustrating...yes! now games are a movie where you watch while stabbing keys when prompted??

This is just a rough estimative, but all of the interactive cutscenes (or super actions, if you prefer) summed up represent less than 3 minutes of the whole game length (I think it doesn't even sum up to 2 minutes, TBH), so that what you say is quite unfair.

Some might argue that with all the dying and reloading they take up half an hour or something, but if that's the case, then the whole game obviously lasts much more than 20 hours. The game can be finished in 1:30 and even less, but even so, the interactive sequences represent 1 or 2%. That much hardly makes the game a movie where you simply watch while stabbing keys when prompted. :)

Headache
26th Sep 2006, 23:17
frustrating...yes! now games are a movie where you watch while stabbing keys when prompted?? o god, what has happen to gameplay?

interacting with a cut-scene by stabbing keys when prompted is like taking an open-book test, no thinking required. you see?
Consider it an extra. You still get your good old fashioned cutscenes.
But the interactive cutscenes... I wouldn't really consider them cutscenes, personally.
And if it's so easy, how come you didn't get it before? :scratch:
Missing a move is kinda the same as missing a question on an open book test. Plus, knowing what you're looking for takes a bit of thinking; hence paying attention to what arrow keys you press.

Lunideth
30th Sep 2006, 10:59
That "red ghostbusters" thing what appear mean thet u press WRONG button.

RayEden
1st Oct 2006, 12:31
Those "interactive cutscenes" are for people who like seeing alternatives or Laras death, IMHO. :scratch: