PDA

View Full Version : Which level is the best in Your opinion?

shaq
24th Sep 2006, 13:58
Which level is the best in Your opinion? Please choose one option:

1) Bolivia: Tiwanaku
2) Peru: Return to ParaĆ*so
3) Japan: Meeting with Takamoto
4) Ghana (West Africa): Pursuing James Rutland
5) Kazakhstan: Project Carbonek
6) England: King Arthur's Tomb?
7) Nepal: The Ghalali Key
8) Bolivia Redux: The Looking Glass
9) Croft Manor

Treeble
24th Sep 2006, 16:25
Nepal! :thumbsup: It's got fabulous music, fantastic scenery and a special feel. There's also good platforming in there and only a handful of enemies. I'd only wish it was longer, but the way it is today makes it awesome and fun to play, I never get tired of it. :)

Lord Of Games
24th Sep 2006, 18:03
JAPAN!! definatley. Nepal's just annoying i think:)

Headache
24th Sep 2006, 20:24
Kazakhstan for me. I loved the motorcycle ride, the train, unknown entity... :thumbsup:

But Croft Manor, Peru, West Africa, England, and Bolivia are right up there too.
Geez, why don't I just list all of them?!

Terminatorvs
24th Sep 2006, 22:21
All of the levels are great! But I voted for Japan. This is only because I like the urban scenery of that place, otherwise I'd vote for Ghana. Also I liked Japan for its unusuality - the way barefooted Lara runs through the skyscraper shooting baddies, the way she performs all those stunts on scaffolds, and finally, that magnificent jump on a bike. :eek:

shaq
25th Sep 2006, 17:30
I guess it is hard to say which level is the best because each level has something special and all together create nice story but I like the Japan level the most of too... :) maybe because is much more realistic (no dragons, devils, clear, nice music, modern scenry, superbike etc...), Ghana is also cool because of water... nice scenery... maybe I don't like some parts of Englad level...

Headache
25th Sep 2006, 22:49
To be honest, Japan was one of my least favorites.

ditom
9th Oct 2006, 17:49
Nepal is the best but maybe too short.Great music and fantastic scenery makes this level the best.

Headache
9th Oct 2006, 17:54
Nepal is the best but maybe too short.Great music and fantastic scenery makes this level the best.
I didn't like Nepal that much. If anything, the music and scenery. I only disliked the end of the level though. Took me abouot 50 billion times to get across :mad2:

nash164
11th Oct 2006, 22:20
The game's levels are all top notch really as regards everything save length and size! I love all the levels!

I distinctly remember saying this before on a similar thread..**** :rolleyes:

Sorin
11th Oct 2006, 22:58
It's hard to pick just one, as I liked all of them in their own uniques ways except for Kazakhstan and most of England. When it comes to music, Nepal is my favorite, but I like that little tune during the party at the beginning of Japan.

Treeble
11th Oct 2006, 23:38
but I like that little tune during the party at the beginning of Japan.

That's one of my top favorite tunes in the whole score too. :thumbsup:

Headache
11th Oct 2006, 23:46
That's one of my top favorite tunes in the whole score too. :thumbsup:
The bass shakes my whole room. As well as the main theme. ;)

\m/

LaraGirl216
12th Oct 2006, 17:14
Ghana was my favourite.

It had great scenery and music!!! :D :D :D

Estherkim102
18th Oct 2006, 08:40
well i loved them all but mostly i loved Nepal it had great scenes and music and its really fun and japan was cool too but it was soo not lara's type.. shes not a girl with like 999 outfits she's a girl ,,ADVENTURE..:)

Headache
18th Oct 2006, 23:24
japan was cool too but it was soo not lara's type.. shes not a girl with like 999 outfits she's a girl ,,ADVENTURE..:)
Amen to that.

Mangar The Dark
19th Oct 2006, 14:28
It's surprising to see Japan has the most votes so far. All this talk about how people want Lara back in the tombs, and then the most popular level turns out to be the only level in which she's NOT in some kind of tomb-like environment.

I'd say Ghana was the best. It really felt like classic Tomb Raider, to me.

Terminatorvs
19th Oct 2006, 22:26
That doesn't mean everyone doesn't want the tombs back, it's just that it looks good. I liked all the levels. But, perhaps, I liked evening Lara the most in the Japan level.

LaraGirl216
20th Oct 2006, 05:16
Well, I guess not too many people like Peru...

Don't read this unless you have voted!

Sorin
20th Oct 2006, 07:50
I actually really liked Peru, except for the bike chase. The level was a bit long, but I'd play it more if the bike chase were a lot shorter or skippable.

I like the beginning because there's plenty of targets in a short period of time, which makes it good for practicing the different combat moves. I also like the flashback sequence for some reason. The part after the falling floor is really nice too. Or pretty at least.

It's just the bike sequence that really turns me off. If I could only copy and paste the physics of how the PCJ 600 in GTA Vice City works...After logging many hours on that, handling the TRL bike feels like old school NES Excitebike, minus the fun. It's clunky and slow to respond, and trying to kill stuff on it royally sucks.

Treeble
20th Oct 2006, 15:40
I like Peru, but I think it's kinda... too long. Funny saying that for such a short game actually, but while the first 4/5 are good - including the bike chase, one of the reasons I like replaying Peru -, just the backtracking in the end (after the balls puzzle) is kinda annoying. :)

Terminatorvs
21st Oct 2006, 04:34
I like Peru mostly for the bike ride - it's fast, dynamic with a lot of shooting. Really great! I like Kazakhstan for the same reason.

LaraGirl216
21st Oct 2006, 06:04
I like Kazakhstan for the same reason.

I hated that bike part!!! :mad2:

Headache
21st Oct 2006, 21:22
Well, I guess not too many people like Peru...

Don't read this unless you have voted!
Shoulda been multiple choice.
And the bike ride scene was the best part ^ :eek:

Sorin
22nd Oct 2006, 04:47
I am apparently a minority when it comes to the bike part in both Peru and Kazakhstan. Bummer. :(

shirl123
22nd Oct 2006, 07:28
I loved the bike parts! both of them.

it was very difficult to decide, and vote for just one level. I love 'em all almost equally.
but, at the end I voted for Bolivia: tiwanaku. such an excellent way to start the game. :thumbsup: it reminded me of the good 'ol TRs, but yet it was fresh and diffrent (in a good way, of course).