PDA

View Full Version : Is that...*squints*....a volcano?

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 11:33
Correct me if I'm wrong... but that does indeed appear to be a volcano in the Announcement trailer.

.....why is there a volcano there? :scratch:

Swagraven
3rd Oct 2013, 11:39
The real question here, I think, is why shouldn't there be a volcano?
I could give you several ideas about why it might be a good idea to have one there, but I think they can all be summed up quickly just by saying volcanoes are awesome.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 11:43
I suppose this could be a whole part of ' this world is wrecked with cataclysms" thing but it seems startlingly out of place. Given that so far Nosgoth's areas are all down south along near the coast, exactly where did this volcano pop up and what from because it certainly wasn't there before

Swagraven
3rd Oct 2013, 11:46
Yes, there is a volcano in Nosgoth. Dark Eden was surrounded by lava.

Edit: Good old Blood Omen and it's map...
http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/bo1/mapbig1.php

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 11:47
Lava yes but not exactly a volcano... and it don't look like the remains of Dark Eden to me. The lava you could just credit to the corrupt land under Dark Eden's dome.

Swagraven
3rd Oct 2013, 11:51
Well, there is one in the map, and a volcano is a volcano whether or not it's a huge mountain.
I'm just throwing this out there. Nosgoth does have volcanic activity in it. It's not completely insane.

LOFO1993
3rd Oct 2013, 11:58
I think the problem is not about the volcano, but the environment itself. What we see in that map is almost tropical: palm trees, small wooden houses, a volcano... that reminds me of somewhere near Brazil, or Argentina, not at all the German-like lands of Blood Omen nor a wasteland which is going to be the world of Soul Reaver. A volcano isn't wrong on it's own, but in my opinion it would make sense only if surrounded by the right environment, for example something similar, if not so grey and dead yet, to Soul Reaver's world, or the Dark Eden itself.

Yes, there is a volcano in Dark Eden as the map clearly shows, even if the game never lets you go there, but there is a huge difference between having a volcano in a hell-like world and having one near a small village with palms.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 12:00
Looks like an area that'd fit more in Dead sun. then again, those cranes in the announcement opening sorta look like they're right from dead sun too... but never mind - the volcano thing looks way out of place and the tropical environment, even the building style looks like its from another world entirely.

LOFO1993
3rd Oct 2013, 12:04
I think someone at some point said that the whole map was made up of placeholders, and that it will most likely be heavily changed later in the development (probably on NeoGAF, but I'm not sure). My only question is: why focusing so much on something you want to change anyway? Was that again terrible advertising?

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 12:06
Personally I think half the textures and 'placeholders' are from directly from Dead sun and they want to change it to make it a little less obvious. I'm not opposed to a volcano but it has to actually make geographical sense

Swagraven
3rd Oct 2013, 12:07
The game maps we know about are both in a more coastal, Southern part of the world, closer to Meridian. Not knowing too much about the planet Nosgoth is located on, I'll have to assume that area of the world is nearer to the equator, and possibly located in a kind of Nosgothian Ring of Fire kind of area. We never really get to see the way the natural plantlife looks in BO2 for that area, considering Meridian is almost completely industry and city.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 12:09
Meridian certainly didn't strike me as sitting in the tropics and I'm pretty sure we saw some examples of trees in the Canyons level - covered in demon webs I grant you, but they certainly weren't palm trees

Swagraven
3rd Oct 2013, 12:14
I was going to make a point, and then I realized I don't even know where the canyons are geographically located.
They never really do tell you were anything is in BO2, do they? Or the scale of anything. (Not that the other games were perfect for that, but you at least had an idea.) Or how he even got there.
Screw it all, volcanoes are neat.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 12:17
Agreed - but they didn't have to exactly. The canyons are supposed to be just outside Meridian leading north

http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Canyons

LOFO1993
3rd Oct 2013, 12:18
My point is: such an environment is not incompatible with Nosgoth at all, but why would you ever want to use it to promote your game? Why not give the fans FIRST what they expect you to give them and then add ALSO something like this?

Swagraven
3rd Oct 2013, 12:20
Well, 'cause that was the level they had done enough to their liking, I suppose. I guess we'll never know why they chose that level to reveal to their fans.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 12:22
It comes over a little standard to me - not so much to appeal to fans of the old series but to appeal to everyone with something generic, a fire lava based enviroment

The_Hylden
3rd Oct 2013, 14:44
The elements like palm trees and such are not from Dead Sun, but are placeholders the Unreal Engine, itself, has.

Yes, there is a Volcano already in Dark Eden, and this is also far into the decline of Nosgoth after the fall of the Pillars. The land tearing itself apart in places is certainly in keeping. In fact, I think more evidence of the ravages this dying world is facing, the more that it looks to be edging closer to the apocalypse, the better. Once they iron out those placeholders and other things, this can be a very telling area.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 14:50
I'm not convinced of that at all. Besides, why put that out there for advertising then? All it'd do is make the game look bad to fans. Also care to venture on the few textures and other bits which I am pretty sure were from Dead sun, like those cranes for instance.

Vanyelxp5
3rd Oct 2013, 14:55
I want them to leave the volcano in, and have a map where you fight around it so that a Razielim can pick up a human and drop it in the volcano. ^_^

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 14:56
I doubt the volcano's crater will be a playable area

Vanyelxp5
3rd Oct 2013, 15:05
I doubt the volcano's crater will be a playable area

Bored now....

The_Hylden
3rd Oct 2013, 15:05
They put that stuff in to flesh out the world a little, so it wasn't so empty, and because they have a deadline of what they want to show being ready by such and such date. At the event we attended, they noted with a knowing smile not to worry -- that the palm trees were just placeholders. Stuff like that won't be in the final game. This is very early right now; the beta hasn't even opened.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 15:10
those cranes were in the pre-rendered cut scene style opening. That's hardly a placeholder.

The_Hylden
3rd Oct 2013, 15:17
I wasn't talking about the cranes. I don't know why you're so hung up on the cranes. Blood Omen 2 had cranes. These aren't as industrial as those, thank goodness. Civilizations build and use cranes :p The Ancient Romans and Greeks had cranes. You can't expect humans to just erect everything by magic.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 15:18
I'm talking about the cranes as they are clearly models directly from Dead Sun. I even spotted a texture or two from Dead sun

LOFO1993
3rd Oct 2013, 18:15
Honestly, I don't care much if they use models and/or textures from Dead Sun. Maybe it's even better if they do, because they will have high-quality stuff ready for use, and that will make them spare time for other things. All that matters is what the world turns out to be is consistent with the previous games.

Given that map is made of placeholders I'll just wait for a "complete" map to judge their work. To talk about something that's admittedly destined to be taken away anyway is pretty useless, in my opinion.

That doesn't change the fact that whoever thought using that map as the one and only environment to show from the game at its reveal must be crazy. If they had no time left to make even one proper map, well, that's pretty sad too, because a lot of people (fans, of course) may just have judged the game and decided not to try it, and that's only to avoid a delay of a month or two.

That is bad planning, Square Enix. If you just had given the developers the time they needed a lot of the damage control wouldn't be necessary now.

Psyonix_Eric
3rd Oct 2013, 18:57
If I may, allow me to clarify some of the misconceptions going on in this thread:

Yes, those are palm trees. Yes, they were from Dead Sun, though we modified them a little bit. No, they are not placeholders.
There are actually three maps that show up in the trailer, not just one.
Yes, that is a volcano. No, you do not get to run around in the crater of the volcano.
The map isn't tropical in the way you would think it is. The palm trees are about as tropical as it gets.

I hope that helps :)

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 19:19
If I may, allow me to clarify some of the misconceptions going on in this thread:

Yes, those are palm trees. Yes, they were from Dead Sun, though we modified them a little bit. No, they are not placeholders.
Yes, that is a volcano. No, you do not get to run around in the crater of the volcano.
The map isn't tropical in the way you would think it is. The palm trees are about as tropical as it gets.

Thank you it does. It confirms what I suspected from the start. What about the cranes, they look like they're from dead sun too

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 19:29

Yeah it helps a lot =D I though from the beggining it wasn't only one map... but how many of them are ready?

Psyonix_Eric
3rd Oct 2013, 19:33
Thank you it does. It confirms what I suspected from the start. What about the cranes, they look like they're from dead sun too
Good eye. They are in fact from Dead Sun as well. The team that worked on Dead Sun was an amazing team and laid a terrific groundwork for this new series of LoK games (theirs and ours). We saw no reason at all why we shouldn't utilize things they made that would work with the designs for our game as we had them laid out between us and SE. No sense in throwing out perfectly good models and textures, really.

Yeah it helps a lot =D I though from the beggining it wasn't only one map... but how many of them are ready?
Unfortunately I'm not sure that I'm at liberty to announce that kind of stuff - that's more something Square gets to decide. I'm just an art nerd. :)

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 19:39
[QUOTE=Psyonix_Eric;68458]Good eye. They are in fact from Dead Sun as well. The team that worked on Dead Sun was an amazing team and laid a terrific groundwork for this new series of LoK games (theirs and ours). We saw no reason at all why we shouldn't utilize things they made that would work with the designs for our game as we had them laid out between us and SE. No sense in throwing out perfectly good models and textures, really.

And yet Nosgoth was up being developed at the exact same time? Might I ask why a sort of Next Generation Legacy of Kain with new characters and setting was beginning developed with Dead Sun, while a multiplayer set firmly back in the old mythos was being developed right alongside it? Wouldn't they have conflicted?

The_Hylden
3rd Oct 2013, 21:17
Hm, I thought it was said those palm trees would not be in the final and they were placeholders. My mistake on that, apparently.

I have to continue the opinion that Nosgoth, especially this period of Nosgoth, should not have anything tropical and palm trees feels completely contrary to the world to me.

Reidbynature
3rd Oct 2013, 21:31
No, you do not get to run around in the crater of the volcano.

Awww. :(

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 21:40
yeah.... this is sounding less and less 'Nosgothiee' as time goes on. Please correct this...rather bad oversight.

MrMilky
3rd Oct 2013, 21:53
Excuse me, what to make of what Monkeythumbz aka George Kelion said?

Mark "Entirely from scratch".

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/mentis_01/differentfromthescratch.png

It's also here

I've been playing Nosgoth since last December! It's come on a LONG way and I can honestly say that - as somebody who traditionally prefers playing solo narrative-driven games - it's made me appreciate multiplayer gaming in a whole new light and enjoy it in a whole new way.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1942798&postcount=1

Since you've used the palms ever since Dead Sun was canceled, George was playing since last December (note 2012.) you're telling us that palms were there for how many months?

Thank you for any insight. :)

Lord_Aevum
3rd Oct 2013, 21:54
Meridian is established as being home to pine forests and an inhospitable climate. Given that it is much further south than both Freeport and Valeholm, and similar terrain applies almost everywhere north, I must admit I am having a very hard time imagining how these areas in between could possibly accommodate palm trees.

CountEyokir
3rd Oct 2013, 21:59
Seems Dead sunny left overry to me

MrMilky
3rd Oct 2013, 22:31
I must ask, is it confirmed that member behind the pseudonymous "Psyonix_Eric" is actually a staff member? As I recall I got one answer from another member who had those glowing turquoise letters next to the name. Just checking, but seems official. Want to make clear. Thanks.

Also, I must notice, that there are far more Dead Sun elements in Nosgoth aside from what we've seen in the maps. I have to take into consideration what person behind pseudonymous "Omega" stated and it's "too far in development for any real changes". I already asked a question regarding that in one of the threads. I hope it's clarified for the purpose of making a just opinion.

For instance the pattern on the building in the announcement video 0:12 is the same like in the concept art for the Dead Sun which Mama Robotnik unveiled.

The "<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>" pattern.

Vanyelxp5
4th Oct 2013, 02:44
Sure I can! It just won't happen. ^_^

Magic is better for blowing stuff up than it is putting things back together.

Vampmaster
4th Oct 2013, 07:15
I have to take into consideration what person behind pseudonymous "Omega" stated and it's "too far in development for any real changes". I already asked a question regarding that in one of the threads. I hope it's clarified for the purpose of making a just opinion.

I don't think SE put it in quite those words. It was implied, but it felt like they just didn't see the character changes were asking for as a priority. That might have changed after more people complaining on the forums.

I can see why it might be too late to change the rigs, as that would mean animations need remaking to match those, but changing something like the ears or claws shouldn't be as difficult as they made it sound and swapping out a couple of static objects like palm trees should be trivial.

They mentioned the promotional material woild need redoing as well, but I don't think any one is going to make a fuss over whether some poster or wallpaper perfectly matches what's in the game. There's no need to bother with that stuff for small changes, as it will still be close enough and it's the final product that matters.

mikkija
4th Oct 2013, 07:18
who i play this game ? i sent my compiuter dxdiag component and i have still wait until 25 september (((((((

LOFO1993
4th Oct 2013, 08:02

Well, that doesn't make me feel more comfortable at all. I've watched the trailer 2 times, and the fact that they all looked like the same map (or at least various maps all set in the same kind of environment) doesn't really play well for the game's variety.

And more, why having all those maps set in places that don't look at all like Nosgoth? And the answer to this can't be "that could be some previously unseen part of Nosgoth", because I'm not questioning the theoretical existence of that environment, but the fact that that is where we're forced to play. It's like making a movie based on the Fast and Furious franchise and having all the characters playing poker the whole time. You could tell me "well, it's actually never told in the other movies they don't like playing poker", which is true, but why would I care? I'm there to see cars and races, as I'm here to see something that at least tries to resemble the Legacy of Kain universe!

Driber
4th Oct 2013, 09:15
Regarding the question whether the Psyonix_Eric account is legit - yes, he's the Art Lead at Psyonix. We've assigned the cyan color for SE/dev staff members to his name :)

MrMilky
4th Oct 2013, 09:24
@Vamp : Well, seeing what you've written and what Omega wrote I don't see much difference. Ofc not the exact words, but I just vaguely wrote what I recall. I'm not sure how much of changes is acceptable to happen on a small project like this. It'd be fair not to expect anything because they're clearly trying to reduce the cost by all means. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't stated a couple of posts above that the palms will stay, no? Seeing that cosmetics aren't a primary focus is perfectly logical for an online free-to-play game, at least in my experience. Theugh, they might be done once the budget kicks-in or it'll come as a skin model for appropriate profile level/in-game valute.

@Driber : Much appreciated.

Kriegson
4th Oct 2013, 11:12
http://cdn.meme.li/i/owz0m.jpg

Getting caught up on cranes and mislead by rumors. Lets wait to see something more concrete. As someone pointed out, BO had a volcano and magma. It's a big continent, I'm sure we can chuck in a glacier too if it fits the purpose.

MrMilky
4th Oct 2013, 11:26

Getting caught up on cranes and mislead by rumors. Lets wait to see something more concrete. As someone pointed out, BO had a volcano and magma. It's a big continent, I'm sure we can chuck in a glacier too if it fits the purpose.

LOL @ the pic, but where was the volcano in BO1? o0 Forgive me, I know I played it ... fifteen years ago, but I don't recall such a thing. Magma yes, but a volcano - no.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 12:24

Clearly you missed the point of why I focused on the cranes but I'm not surprised. What rumours precisely? Nosgoth grew out of Dead sun, they even reused the same textures and models. I'm half convinced that pre rendered cut scene at the beginning of the announcement trailer was a cropped version of Dead Sun's opening. The concrete you are waiting for came and went, leaving a large crater. And no, I don't by your analogy of the volcano as its clearly surrounded by a tropical setting and the only volcano on Nosgoth's map (nebulous I think considering Dark Eden warps everything) is in the north, as far away from a possible tropical setting as possible.

Kriegson
4th Oct 2013, 13:39
-snip-
Wasn't referring to you. :gamer:

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 13:41
Wasn't referring to you. :gamer:

Who else brought up cranes that you were referring you?

YourWaywardDestiny
4th Oct 2013, 15:58
Yes, there is a volcano in Nosgoth. Dark Eden was surrounded by lava.

Edit: Good old Blood Omen and it's map...
http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/bo1/mapbig1.php

I was about 12 seconds from linking to the exact same image. Yes. There might be a volcano. What of it? There has been volcanic activity in Nosgoth before.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 16:30
you could still just assume Dark Eden was corrupting and warp up stuff so it looked that way - besides which the volcano in the trailer is clearly not dark eden

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 16:34
you could still just assume Dark Eden was corrupting and warp up stuff so it looked that way - besides which the volcano in the trailer is clearly not dark eden

Does it need to be? I fail to see the lore bending going on by the presence of a volcano. Are we going to have people continually freaking out over trivial details every time we get a new look at Nosgoth? I just don't get some people's fascination with volcanoes and palm trees to be honest.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 16:39
Does it need to be? I fail to see the lore bending going on by the presence of a volcano. Are we going to have people continually freaking out over trivial details every time we get a new look at Nosgoth? I just don't get some people's fascination with volcanoes and palm trees to be honest.

Reason over palmtrees - not really fitting Nosgoth's general flora and now admitted set pieces straight from Dead Sun (along with other things)

Reason over Volcano - Agreed, not really a big concern but without some sort of background story to explain why its there - it is going to see out of place

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 16:51
Reason over palmtrees - not really fitting Nosgoth's general flora and now admitted set pieces straight from Dead Sun (along with other things)

Reason over Volcano - Agreed, not really a big concern but without some sort of background story to explain why its there - it is going to see out of place

See this is what I'm getting at. Do we really need to explain trivial details? The palm trees gripe about dead sun and whether it would have existed in Nosgoth's environment I get, but I don't see it as a big deal myself. Volcanoes however I just don't bat an eye lid. I don't see the need for a 'lore explanation' there or even for palm trees if they keep them.

I just think that some people are way too literal minded when it comes to these things. They didn't see it in previous games so it must not have existed at all or the Razielim are all dead because they were immediately executed based on a few lines, but no real proof. Things like that I just think some people get ideas in their head and are just way too inflexible.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 16:55
but that's the sorta thing - the lore is a bit... based too much on "you have no proof it wasn't" - which coming from a story telling aspect is a bit thin and wishy washy, unimpressive. But besides that, like I said, Volcano didn't a bit deal but I just don't want one popping up in the middle of Nosgoth's central plain without explanation, especially since its not there in Soul Reaver

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 17:03
No more 'wishy washy' than some fans absolute insistence on certain things even though they nothing more than "I feel they should..." when arguing for what should and should not be.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 17:14
No more 'wishy washy' than some fans absolute insistence on certain things even though they nothing more than "I feel they should..." when arguing for what should and should not be.

I feel I'm repeating myself across several forums topics. I have no problem with the lore they bring up so long as is somehow meaningful to characters to which it has consequence. I mean more character then just generics with a bit of player customisation. How emotionally invested can you be with dozens of copies of the same guy running around battering reach other to death until our favourite blue wraith stops taking his bath, all controlled by random johnnies in real life? Give me a character with deep character in WHATEVER form and it would be a different story.

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 17:20
I feel I'm repeating myself across several forums topics.

Well you do seem a bit 'one track mind' when it comes to certain things.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 17:24
Well you do seem a bit 'one track mind' when it comes to certain things.

Only because I have only ONE problem with Nosgoth. Correct that problem and I'm perfectly ok with this game and will accept it. Also - please be respectful. Nowhere have I accused anyone else of critical thought faults.

Psyonix_Eric
4th Oct 2013, 17:27
... the volcano as its clearly surrounded by a tropical setting and the only volcano on Nosgoth's map (nebulous I think considering Dark Eden warps everything) is in the north, as far away from a possible tropical setting as possible.
Actually, the map that the volcano is in doesn't have a single palm tree in it and is in fact located (geographically) quite a distance from the map with the palm trees.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 17:29
Actually, the map that the volcano is in doesn't have a single palm tree in it and is in fact located (geographically) quite a distance from the map with the palm trees.

Ah that is more like it. Having palm trees is still a bit odd but..nevermind. Are you permitted to tell us whereabouts this volcano is located?

Psyonix_Eric
4th Oct 2013, 17:35
Ah that is more like it. Having palm trees is still a bit odd but..nevermind. Are you permitted to tell us whereabouts this volcano is located?
I seriously wish I could but I think that's out of my control to disclose that info. :( I will say that you were correct about it being in the north, if that helps any.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 17:37
ahhhhhh now this I like the look of. I actually came up with the idea of a volcano myself in my own lore... nice to see great minds think alike XDDDDD lol jk

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 17:42
Also - please be respectful.

Would you quit it already? Stop overreacting every time you're in a discussion. I was being civil.

soulrelic616
4th Oct 2013, 17:43
I seriously wish I could but I think that's out of my control to disclose that info. :( I will say that you were correct about it being in the north, if that helps any.

Hi Eric, thanks for Coming toth founs to discuss with us fans!

I hope you can amswer my question:

Why and who made the decision for the vampires not to have three digit hands, pointy ears and no fangs whatsoever? Also why they didn wear their Clan symbols in game?

Thank you

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 17:54
You have a funny way of showing it by accusing me of having a one track mind. I was sticking to substance.

Hi Eric, thanks for Coming toth founs to discuss with us fans!

I hope you can amswer my question:

Why and who made the decision for the vampires not to have three digit hands, pointy ears and no fangs whatsoever? Also why they didn wear their Clan symbols in game?

Thank you

I agree. Give the Razielim these alterations please!!!

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 18:12
You have a funny way of showing it by accusing me of having a one track mind.

Why are you so keen to overreact? I don't see the insult. One it's a fair claim. Second you essentially agreed with me in your reply. Most here seem to be able to have an open and free discussion here, but you seem all too ready to imagine slights against you. Which is funny since I've seen you defend the trolling behaviour of others and state it takes effort on your part not to do the same. You seem to want things both ways.

I was sticking to substance.

You were dragging the discussion needlessly back to "I just want a story". That's not substance.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 18:21
Why are you so keen to overreact? I don't see the insult. One it's a fair claim. Second you essentially agreed with me in your reply. Most here seem to be able to have an open and free discussion here, but you seem all too ready to imagine slights against you. Which is funny since I've seen you defend the trolling behaviour of others and state it takes effort on your part not to do the same. You seem to want things both ways.

Defending trolling behaviour? When have I done this? I have claimed to understand disappointed fans anger, not condone their methods of expressing that anger. I bring up story over and over because it, along with a few other cosmetic details, are the only problems I have with the concept of the game. Its quite possible to incorporate deep story into a Multiplayer. Without that this has no appeal to me and I find that sad, because its the first game set in Nosgoth in years and I face a game I can only play for perhaps a month before getting bored of. To me, that's a travesty - leaving me to hope this sparks Kain's revival. You don't have to share my opinion but I see what others outside these forums type and its more or less the same thing...minus a few swear words.

You were dragging the discussion needlessly back to "I just want a story". That's not substance.

How is that NOT substantive? In any case you are completely correct, this discussion was suppose to be about Volcanos in Nosgoth. That question answered now, there is one and it is in the north and away from questionable palm trees and Dead sun cranes.. Perfectly fine with that. Might even fit in with my own fanfictions, so double yummies for me!

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 19:28
Defending trolling behaviour? When have I done this? I have claimed to understand disappointed fans anger, not condone their methods of expressing that anger. I bring up story over and over because it, along with a few other cosmetic details, are the only problems I have with the concept of the game. Its quite possible to incorporate deep story into a Multiplayer. Without that this has no appeal to me and I find that sad, because its the first game set in Nosgoth in years and I face a game I can only play for perhaps a month before getting bored of. To me, that's a travesty - leaving me to hope this sparks Kain's revival. You don't have to share my opinion but I see what others outside these forums type and its more or less the same thing...minus a few swear words.

You seem to think swearing and acting disrespectful is fine when it's against Nosgoth judging by your post in the "I feel bad for the devs" thread. You make no distinction between sympathising for those who are angry and how they choose to express that anger. In fact you point out that it takes effort for you not to act the same.

That doesn't contrast well against your overreactions to others discussing your points of view in other threads when pleading that they remain civil. Nor does repeatedly pointing out that you could call people sheep, but choose not to. That's effectively still calling people sheep as you leave the impression that is what you think of people.

How is that NOT substantive? In any case you are completely correct, this discussion was suppose to be about Volcanos in Nosgoth. That question answered now, there is one and it is in the north and away from questionable palm trees and Dead sun cranes.. Perfectly fine with that. Might even fit in with my own fanfictions, so double yummies for me!

It wasn't part of the discussion we were having and you have made yourself clear on that point again and again. You did not need to crowbar "I want a deep story" into this discussion. Nosgoth is not story driven. Even if it does have some form of narrative attached to the main game itself it's not going to be comparable to previous games and will likely just be something to keep interest in the main premise of the game, the war for Nosgoth. I suggest you come to terms with some of your wants not coming to fruition.

Driber
4th Oct 2013, 19:44
Okay folks, enough with the petty arguing on a personal level. Let's keep it constructive.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 20:00
Okay folks, enough with the petty arguing on a personal level. Let's keep it constructive.

Yes, agreed. My question involving volcanos was answered and I am perfectly happy with it. End of thread

The_Hylden
4th Oct 2013, 20:19
Glad to hear that the volcanic activity has its placement thought out. However, if it were in another location, or better yet, multiple locations, it wouldn't be much of an issue. This is a world way past the Pillars' fall, and it's a world wracked with catechisms on its slow burn to the inevitable. It's like watching a slow apocalypse unfold. Earthquakes and the earth splitting apart, belching magma from its inner, dying core, doesn't seem out of place at all and could be happening in multiple mountain chain areas. Not very worried about that part.

As to the user above mentioning clearing up rumors, I feel that was directed my way. I was not going off of rumors. I've asked the others who were at the event and I was going off of how it was explained then. Whatever is the reason that wires were crossed in said explanation aside, it's good to have the information cleared up, I think now. I am not one to go spouting rumors and I do NOT post reactionary statements to ever mislead the fanbase.

Thought I'd clear that little bit up. Now, back to wayward fauna and sulfuric fury discussions :p

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 20:30
On a side note I think that it's possible/probable that any volcano active during this time period would likely be dead or dormant by Raziel's awakening in SR1.

Driber
4th Oct 2013, 20:32
End of thread

We will be the judge of that ;)

MrMilky
4th Oct 2013, 20:40
See this is what I'm getting at. Do we really need to explain trivial details?

It's more about the principle of keeping the lore in tact. Armour is proper, why not a volcano? :) And, yes, not trivial in my opinion because there're no palms in previous games and the general impression was that the palms will go out the window in the final version.

From the looks of it it seems that the happenings are around Coorhagen, but I don't get the Coorhagen feel to it. And, yes, LoK fans are very picky about the lore. At least the ones I know about.
(waiting for Driber to tell me not to speak in general :P)

Psyonix_Eric
4th Oct 2013, 21:19
It's like watching a slow apocalypse unfold. Earthquakes and the earth splitting apart, belching magma from its inner, dying core, doesn't seem out of place at all and could be happening in multiple mountain chain areas.I don't think I could have said it better myself.

Driber
4th Oct 2013, 21:47
And just think... those volcanoes could wipe out them palm trees ;)

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 21:56
Or preserve their forms forever (in a fashion at least) like some of the people who lived in Pompei when it erupted. lol

Driber
4th Oct 2013, 22:04
Hmm, touché.

Dang, we're stuck with 'em now :D

Vampmaster
4th Oct 2013, 22:07
Or preserve their forms forever (in a fashion at least) like some of the people who lived in Pompei when it erupted. lol

Oh, but that *should* be in the game! With ancient vampires or something.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 00:09
Oh, but that *should* be in the game! With ancient vampires or something.

Definately I would LOVE to see some ancient vampires on the game. I actually want a Nosgoth 2: The Ancient War to be done later, this time with lore about Vorador =P

soulrelic616
7th Oct 2013, 08:48
Definately I would LOVE to see some ancient vampires on the game. I actually want a Nosgoth 2: The Ancient War to be done later, this time with lore about Vorador =P

I disagree, I think that if the Ancient War is going to be covered it should be done in a Legacy of Kain entry, not Nosgoth... there's way too much history in that era for a PVP only game....

Obviously if that LoK game that covers the Ancient War comes around, it can have MP addon to have fun in the battles against the Hylden ;)

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 12:17
I disagree, I think that if the Ancient War is going to be covered it should be done in a Legacy of Kain entry, not Nosgoth... there's way too much history in that era for a PVP only game....

Obviously if that LoK game that covers the Ancient War comes around, it can have MP addon to have fun in the battles against the Hylden ;)

Sure, I don't mind being that way. I eas just saying my ideas =P